Revealed - the biggest donors to individual MPs since the last election

Started by SKY News, January 10, 2023, 01:00:35 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 11, 2023, 12:15:56 PM
I answered the question about this forum.
No you didn't, another lie. You turned it around from people on this forum to the general public. Do you not get sick of people pulling you up on your fibs. 
I make loads of errors, the difference is I own up and apologise, like I did to Steve the other day. You are incapable of admitting a mistake and that's why you get so much stick. You might even enjoy the internet if you grew a pair. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 11, 2023, 01:43:13 PM
Really ?

The sky news article spends many paragraphs highlighting funds handed to LABOUR MPs and only starts to talk about tories when discussing the bungs handed them by a minor internet service provider. It then goes on to discuss a few more and rounds off with benefits in kind received by Theresa May and Boris Johnson.
Really, which is why I always put more at link:-
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on January 11, 2023, 01:26:02 PM
Borchester the link in fact does not mention Labour MPs until the very end of the news item.
The link is in fact as I posted about outside earnings by MPs. (Of which Tories get the Lions share.)
I have not derailed anything.
Really ?

The sky news article spends many paragraphs highlighting funds handed to LABOUR MPs and only starts to talk about tories when discussing the bungs handed them by a minor internet service provider. It then goes on to discuss a few more and rounds off with benefits in kind received by Theresa May and Boris Johnson.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on January 11, 2023, 01:21:24 PM
No you didn't.

The thread was about Labour MPs getting their bungs from a company in the Home Counties rather than in brown envelopes at the Bricklayers Arms, but you tried to derail it by claiming that the Tories has stolen your anti senility meds
Borchester the link in fact does not mention Labour MPs until the very end of the news item.
The link is in fact as I posted about outside earnings by MPs. (Of which Tories get the Lions share.)
I have not derailed anything.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on January 11, 2023, 12:15:56 PM

No you didn't.

The thread was about Labour MPs getting their bungs from a company in the Home Counties rather than in brown envelopes at the Bricklayers Arms, but you tried to derail it by claiming that the Tories has stolen your anti senility meds

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 11, 2023, 11:19:33 AM
More strawman. No one mentioned the general public, I specifically said on here.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 11, 2023, 10:34:02 AM
This a right wing forum inhabited by callous I am alright Jacks. The general public does care and it is a factor in the Tories losing the next general election.
More strawman. No one mentioned the general public, I specifically said on here. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 10, 2023, 08:44:04 PM
Most posters on here don't mind that someone is doing better than them, 
This a right wing forum inhabited by callous I am alright Jacks. The general public does care and it is a factor in the Tories losing the next general election.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on January 10, 2023, 08:44:04 PM
Most posters on here don't mind that someone is doing better than them, there's only you and Steve that want to level down and make rich people poorer. Why don't you focus on making your own circumstances better?
I would suggest you think again.

You may not have issues with these bastards but you know full well they happily queer the pitch do as to facilitate their pals. If it were a level playing field I'd still have a company. It isn't and that's the real problem.

On the matter of DONORS I think it interesting a shell company has been set up to hand wonga to several labour MPs.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 10, 2023, 07:26:33 PM
The thread I started but which was ignored is about MPs outside earnings, the specific Labour problem pales into insignificance in relation to that. (They are also mentioned in the link I posted which is why I put more at link.
Most posters on here don't mind that someone is doing better than them, there's only you and Steve that want to level down and make rich people poorer. Why don't you focus on making your own circumstances better?

Borchester

The thread I started but which was ignored is about MPs outside earnings, the specific Labour problem pales into insignificance in relation to that. (They are also mentioned in the link I posted which is why I put more at link.
Yes, but the this thread is about the cack handed way the left is trying to fund your anti British friends.

Try to keep up Pappy

Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

People ignored your thread  because what people earn is none of their concern . This one about donations has generated comment . I guess posters have decided which one is more interesting or significant 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 10, 2023, 07:15:30 PM
But the thread is about donors most of which is going to Labour not what people earn on the conservative benches . The difference being earn and given which sort of sums up the difference between the parties

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on January 10, 2023, 06:26:15 PM
Borchester if you can't be bothered to read detailed links don't make stupid comments.
More at link:-
Westminster Accounts: MPs earn £17.1m on top of their salaries since the last election - with Tories taking £15.2m | Politics News | Sky News

Sunday 8 January 2023 17:35, UK
MPs have earned £17.1m on top of their salaries in this parliament, with around two-thirds of the money going to just 20 MPs.

As part of Westminster Accounts, a joint project between Sky News and Tortoise Media to shine a light on how money works in politics, we found the majority of the extra earnings went to Tory politicians - a total of £15.2m - while Labour MPs earned an additional £1.2m.

All MPs are paid a base salary of £84,144.
But the thread is about donors most of which is going to Labour not what people earn on the conservative benches . The difference being earn and given which sort of sums up the difference between the parties 

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on January 10, 2023, 06:17:59 PM
So you reckon that the Tories are giving Labour MPs bungs.

Sounds good Pappy. Tell us more
Borchester if you can't be bothered to read detailed links don't make stupid comments.
More at link:- 
Westminster Accounts: MPs earn £17.1m on top of their salaries since the last election - with Tories taking £15.2m | Politics News | Sky News

Sunday 8 January 2023 17:35, UK
MPs have earned £17.1m on top of their salaries in this parliament, with around two-thirds of the money going to just 20 MPs.

As part of Westminster Accounts, a joint project between Sky News and Tortoise Media to shine a light on how money works in politics, we found the majority of the extra earnings went to Tory politicians - a total of £15.2m - while Labour MPs earned an additional £1.2m.

All MPs are paid a base salary of £84,144.