Is anyone going to buy Harry's book?

Started by papasmurf, January 10, 2023, 09:19:13 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on January 11, 2023, 06:49:06 PM
To be honest Pappy, and please don't be offended by this, but is there anything that you don't loathe ?
A lot of things. Peace and quiet, no crowds, wild countryside, large dogs, decent food, cooking, Destroy-It-Yourself, motorcycle rallies, reading, (I have very large collection of books.) Finding out the truth of what happened in some incidents and activities in WW2. That is more difficult than most people would think. Official records are often wrong or non-existent. Currently wading through a big bundle of WW2 documents in French and German, given to me by a Breton who is hacked off about the official lies told about his father by the British authorities.

I am also doing some research on No 1 Demolition Squadron PPA. (Popski's Private Army.) I know Major Vladimir "Popski" Peniakoff's grand-daughter, who is not happy he rarely gets a mention unlike the LRDG and the SAS.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on January 11, 2023, 04:46:13 PM
I loath London and always have. It was a foreign country when I was child, even more foreign in the 1970s, and now more or less a totally foreign country.
To be honest Pappy, and please don't be offended by this, but is there anything that you don't loathe ?

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on January 11, 2023, 03:38:29 PM

Anyway, as said before, I am continually reading about folk who loathe London. 
I loath London and always have. It was a foreign country when I was child, even more foreign in the 1970s, and now more or less a totally foreign country.

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 11, 2023, 01:35:14 PM
I dunno Borky , I was up West the other night and it was as dead as Ive ever seen it . Ive never seen boards outside resturants in Leicester Square with 'walk ins welcome'  written on them nor ever been asks if I would like to enter in the fashion of the Costas . The pub I went in had about a dozen people in it at  7pm  .  I just dont see how these places can keep the doors open
Khans done more damage to London than the Luftwaffa ever did

Well, there is something in what you say SW, although I think it only fair to point out that most pubs are only there because everyone wants to run a bottle party. The flu did not help, but nor did having to raise a second mortgage to buy a round of drinks.

Khan is a clown, but I have family and friends in other parts of the country where they took the Chinese Pox a lot more seriously and they are quietly ticking over.

Anyway, as said before, I am continually reading about folk who loathe London. As far as I am aware no one is putting a gun to their head and forcing them to visit, so they should feel free to stay where they are

Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 11, 2023, 01:35:14 PM
I dunno Borky , I was up West the other night and it was as dead as Ive ever seen it . Ive never seen boards outside resturants in Leicester Square with 'walk ins welcome'  written on them nor ever been asks if I would like to enter in the fashion of the Costas . The pub I went in had about a dozen people in it at  7pm  .  I just dont see how these places can keep the doors open
Not surprising, the ULEZ / Congestion charge is enormous. 
I was at the Russian Visa place in Islington and it cost me £12.5 to enter the ULEZ, ridiculous. 

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on January 11, 2023, 09:50:51 AM
I do.

Or rather I poodle off on my mobility chair. I love bookshops and coffee houses and meeting people who hate London but who still keep coming. Anyone who does not like to the city is welcome to stay where they are. I dare say that London will survive
I dunno Borky , I was up West the other night and it was as dead as Ive ever seen it . Ive never seen boards outside resturants in Leicester Square with 'walk ins welcome'  written on them nor ever been asks if I would like to enter in the fashion of the Costas . The pub I went in had about a dozen people in it at  7pm  .  I just dont see how these places can keep the doors open 

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 11, 2023, 08:16:44 AM
Attachment is from an ITV website I cannot give you the link to

I don't know whether this is bullshit, evidence the claim of selling 400,000 on day 1 is bullshit, or evidence of how saddo khan't has f**ked London with his low emission zone and 20mph speed limit so no f**ker goes there. I mean who in their right mind walks to a bookshop these days. That's right out of Mary Jones and her sodding Bible
I do.

Or rather I poodle off on my mobility chair. I love bookshops and coffee houses and meeting people who hate London but who still keep coming. Anyone who does not like to the city is welcome to stay where they are. I dare say that London will survive

Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Attachment is from an ITV website I cannot give you the link to

I don't know whether this is bullshit, evidence the claim of selling 400,000 on day 1 is bullshit, or evidence of how saddo khan't has fucked London with his low emission zone and 20mph speed limit so no fucker goes there. I mean who in their right mind walks to a bookshop these days. That's right out of Mary Jones and her sodding Bible
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 11, 2023, 12:17:09 AM
This from the BBC News page under the headline 'review of Prince Harry's Book'

Prince Harry's memoir, Spare, is part confession, part rant and part love letter. In places it feels like the longest angry drunk text ever sent.
Ah! That I can relate to . The difference between his angry  drunk text and most of the rest of us is that we have the sense even when full of beer not to press send .

johnofgwent

This from the BBC News page under the headline 'review of Prince Harry's Book'

Prince Harry's memoir, Spare, is part confession, part rant and part love letter. In places it feels like the longest angry drunk text ever sent.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on January 10, 2023, 03:30:35 PM
I have to say that I have a certain level of admiration for the guy. Every few weeks there is a trail of blood and snot from Trafalgar Square to Roath Park, but does anyone say ahha, Mrs B and her daughter have just had a heart to heart, let us offer Borky a mega zillion book deal and get all the details? Do they bugger.

But Harry has managed to parley the sort of harmless rows that every family in the country has and (truth be told) enjoys, into some very serious cash. I tell you, Carrots is not as green as he is cabbage looking :)
If they ever do, please let me know. 😁

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 10, 2023, 12:40:33 PM

Harry will become surplus to requirement and will probably end up playing golf with uncle Andy .
His book has apparently sold 400000 copies so far in Britain. (I am in a state of shock.)

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 10, 2023, 11:36:53 AM
I wouldn't read that tripe if it was the only book in my cell

The guy has from what Ive seen and heard  obviously lost the plot , a damaged mind through events of his childhood that has spent too much time in therepy and in the company of those who see him as a vehicle to fame and riches .

He is a weak minded idiot . Loyalty to family and the military code are pillars of American society , he has broken both and America will drop him because of it

He will end up like his wife , detached from his family and crying about any trivial matter he can find that might earn him a buck in some minor publication read in dentists waiting rooms a year later .

I have to say that I have a certain level of admiration for the guy. Every few weeks there is a trail of blood and snot from Trafalgar Square to Roath Park, but does anyone say ahha, Mrs B and her daughter have just had a heart to heart, let us offer Borky a mega zillion book deal and get all the details? Do they bugger.

But Harry has managed to parley the sort of harmless rows that every family in the country has and (truth be told) enjoys, into some very serious cash. I tell you, Carrots is not as green as he is cabbage looking :)
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 10, 2023, 12:40:33 PM
Bookies take bets on basically anything but yes in 2020 you could get 8/1 on a divorce within 5 years . Thats now down to 3/1  (paddypower)

Megan wont put up with the wimp when his usefulness has run out .  Not that a divorce should effect it much but Charlies coronation will see her children Archie and Lillibet become prince and princess and Megan will have all the toys she needs to keep her in Americas social  limelight .

Harry will become surplus to requirement and will probably end up playing golf with uncle Andy .
Look, I wouldn't want to give the impression I give a flying F@@@ about this, but in reality (thank you whoever royal watcher it was who said this months ago) but while the death of Lizzie elevated Charlie Wingnuts to the throne and activated the protocol signed by George V or was it VI I forget, which gave the grandchildren of the present monarch the automatic titles Prince, Princess and HRH, nothing stops Charlie signing Letters Patent stripping any or all of them of those titles.

I hasten to add I only write this because like Tony Benn I have a bit of a thing about procedure and etiquette and so on. I've no idea what the twonk will do and I care even less. However it is possible they might get their title revoked.

How nasty has Ginger been to his dad recently book wise ? No I don't want an answer I don't care, but I suspect if he's been his usual backstabbing self a set of letters patent with a cease and desist order there in might be en route.