The mystery of the Pyramids is

Started by Borchester, January 11, 2023, 10:22:06 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: srb7677 on January 12, 2023, 09:04:09 AM
When I was 13 in 1978 I was lucky enough to go on a Mediterranean cruise organised by my school and part paid for by my father, on board the SS Uganda (which a few years later served as a troopship and hospital ship in the Falklands War). One of our ports of call was the Egyptian port of Alexandria from where we bussed down towards Cairo to see the pyramids. It was an awesome moment to be standing there amongst them and take in their massive awe inspiring bulk and to wonder at their construction. And to have physically touched the pyramids with my own hands (one of them anyway) is something I shall never forget. It was a moment of feeling as one with 5000 years of history.

We also visited a museum in Cairo which amongst other things contained a solid gold sarcophagus guarded by a guard with a pigging machine gun, lol. The gold in that one sarcophagus could have set me and my family up for life because it was massive. The man with the machine gun might have had something to say about that though, lol
In 2014 Moira and I went to Cancun and took the all day excursion to Chichen Itza the huge Maya pyramid in the thick of the jungle.

What stunned me was if you stood in front of the steps and clapped your hands what you heard reflected was not a clap but a ringing tone. It was surreal to think the Mayans had achieved thousands of years ago what I needed a ramp generator and bucket brigade buffer on a prototype Moog Synthesiser circuit back in 75

If you stood different distances from the steps the note frequency changed

But there was no way on this earth I was generating the notes D, E, C, down an octave for C below that and then up five notes to G. No way this side of hell.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 12, 2023, 11:31:09 AM
Are you suggesting Aliens had something to do with it ?
I'm not suggesting that, but in my opinion it can't be ruled out. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on January 12, 2023, 01:14:23 AM
The Pyramids of Giza are unique in a few ways, as most people know their geometry is perfect and way ahead of the engineering skills of the time. The individual blocks weigh several tons each and unless the Egyptians built ramps from sand hundreds of meters long there was no way they could have got the blocks that heigh and in position.
But the amazing fact about the Great Pyramids of Egypt is that they mark out the three stars in the belt in the constellation of Orion, I read a book called The Orion Mysteries by some French dude many years ago and it was fascinating. In fact the Nile was seen as the Milky Way and most of the pyramids in Egypt are positioned like the stars in the sky in relation to the Milky Way.

The other thing I know is that it is back breaking to walk stooped through the tunnel to the top of Great Pyramid, I did it 29 odd years ago.
Are you suggesting Aliens had something to do with it ?

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 12, 2023, 08:05:02 AM
Well you SAY the engineering skills are way ahead of the time but there is the little matter of Stonehenge and the dragging of the bluestones ...

I think a ruler with the power of life and death over the ruled can get almost anything done.

The other thing to note is the literal ARMY of artisan craftsmen who far from being enslaved worked out of choice on the job either for the money, status or reputation it brought plus the benefits in the afterlife they believed in.

True enough.

During the reign of Ramesses III (1186-1155 BC) the builders were always on strike, and when the police were called
they (the police) were told to sod off, which they usually did. Like all successful businesses, Egyptian tomb building operated on the concept of ma'at, which translates as we don't want a row but the job done
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on January 12, 2023, 09:04:09 AM
When I was 13 in 1978 I was lucky enough to go on a Mediterranean cruise organised by my school and part paid for by my father, on board the SS Uganda (which a few years later served as a troopship and hospital ship in the Falklands War). One of our ports of call was the Egyptian port of Alexandria from where we bussed down towards Cairo to see the pyramids. It was an awesome moment to be standing there amongst them and take in their massive awe inspiring bulk and to wonder at their construction. And to have physically touched the pyramids with my own hands (one of them anyway) is something I shall never forget. It was a moment of feeling as one with 5000 years of history.

We also visited a museum in Cairo which amongst other things contained a solid gold sarcophagus guarded by a guard with a pigging machine gun, lol. The gold in that one sarcophagus could have set me and my family up for life because it was massive. The man with the machine gun might have had something to say about that though, lol
That's weird!! I went on the Uganda around the same year. We went to Vigo, Lisbon and Morocco. 

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on January 11, 2023, 10:22:06 PM
that there wasn't one.

All great structures can be built with traditional tools, competent craftsmen and beer.

Discuss
I guess the mystery is, they knew things we didn't know, but they obviously didn't as they got built.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

srb7677

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

johnofgwent

Well you SAY the engineering skills are way ahead of the time but there is the little matter of Stonehenge and the dragging of the bluestones ...

I think a ruler with the power of life and death over the ruled can get almost anything done.

The other thing to note is the literal ARMY of artisan craftsmen who far from being enslaved worked out of choice on the job either for the money, status or reputation it brought plus the benefits in the afterlife they believed in.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on January 12, 2023, 12:19:52 AM
Giza obviously.

Mexican beers are all very well, but before the Spanish arrived the Aztecs were drinking chewed up cacti, and you can't build a railroad on that
The Pyramids of Giza are unique in a few ways, as most people know their geometry is perfect and way ahead of the engineering skills of the time. The individual blocks weigh several tons each and unless the Egyptians built ramps from sand hundreds of meters long there was no way they could have got the blocks that heigh and in position. 
But the amazing fact about the Great Pyramids of Egypt is that they mark out the three stars in the belt in the constellation of Orion, I read a book called The Orion Mysteries by some French dude many years ago and it was fascinating. In fact the Nile was seen as the Milky Way and most of the pyramids in Egypt are positioned like the stars in the sky in relation to the Milky Way. 

The other thing I know is that it is back breaking to walk stooped through the tunnel to the top of Great Pyramid, I did it 29 odd years ago. 

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on January 11, 2023, 10:55:49 PM
Would help if we knew which Pyramids we were discussing. Giza, Mexico, ??

Giza obviously.

Mexican beers are all very well, but before the Spanish arrived the Aztecs were drinking chewed up cacti, and you can't build a railroad on that

Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on January 11, 2023, 10:22:06 PM
that there wasn't one.

All great structures can be built with traditional tools, competent craftsmen and beer.

Discuss
Would help if we knew which Pyramids we were discussing. Giza, Mexico, ??

Borchester

that there wasn't one.

Discuss
Algerie Francais !