Doom mongers wrong again.

Started by Nick, January 13, 2023, 02:52:54 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 16, 2023, 02:18:39 PM
LOL , G7 countries is hardly the barometer we should be looking at as a brexit effect ,nor is covid .

How about looking at how its going since 2016 like the Stock Exchange up 28.6% since 2016 ? Another Myth destroyed

How about the GDP of European countries , only Germany has done better ,nothing that you wouldnt expect
GDP of European countries 2021 | Statista

How about Europe as a whole falling behing the rest of the World and its larger G7 members ?  The Eu is in decline as the World grows ,The EU had 30% of the world market in 1980 today its half that .Yes of course there will be adjustments as we release ourselves from the straightjacket of Europe and leave it behind , The World is where its at Gerry not in the confines of Europe

God bless Brexit
An interesting point is that even as more countries join, their share of GDP is still falling at the same rate. They are just filling the EU with baggage and all it will take is for one key contributors to leave and it's game over.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: GerryT on January 16, 2023, 01:09:37 PM
The UK signed a deal, without it your flights would have had hugh issues. Go full bat sh1t brexit and see what happens.

As for GDP last sept the UK was the only G7 country to not have it's gdp back to pre covid levels. It got there is Dec gone. SInce then UK DGP has been in  fall mode, recently leveling out. What happens next we will wait and see.Growing GDP is not a great sign if everyone else is growing faster. Since leaving the UK is about 5% lower than where it would have been if it had stayed in the EU. 5% GDP is a lot of money every yr. If the gap keeps growing, even if UK GDP grows, is "the sky falling in".
LOL , G7 countries is hardly the barometer we should be looking at as a brexit effect ,nor is covid . 

How about looking at how its going since 2016 like the Stock Exchange up 28.6% since 2016 ? Another Myth destroyed 

How about the GDP of European countries , only Germany has done better ,nothing that you wouldnt expect
 GDP of European countries 2021 | Statista 

How about Europe as a whole falling behing the rest of the World and its larger G7 members ?  The Eu is in decline as the World grows ,The EU had 30% of the world market in 1980 today its half that .Yes of course there will be adjustments as we release ourselves from the straightjacket of Europe and leave it behind , The World is where its at Gerry not in the confines of Europe 

God bless Brexit 

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 13, 2023, 10:02:14 PM
It gets a bit boring keep telling the doom mongers they were wrong . Was just  reading about  when George Osborn told us Airbus among others  would quit the UK if we voted Brexit .

They have announced a £100m investment at its Broughton wing factory  creating 500 jobs .

God bless Brexit
Another one. 

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/22955233.nissan-recruiting-sunderland-plant-production-soars/

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on January 16, 2023, 01:09:37 PM
The UK signed a deal, without it your flights would have had hugh issues. Go full bat sh1t brexit and see what happens.

As for GDP last sept the UK was the only G7 country to not have it's gdp back to pre covid levels. It got there is Dec gone. SInce then UK DGP has been in  fall mode, recently leveling out. What happens next we will wait and see.Growing GDP is not a great sign if everyone else is growing faster. Since leaving the UK is about 5% lower than where it would have been if it had stayed in the EU. 5% GDP is a lot of money every yr. If the gap keeps growing, even if UK GDP grows, is "the sky falling in".
That's where you are wrong, we don't need any deal with the EU to keep flying.
I was told in person by Bénédeicte Duval who is General Manager of KLM U.K. that Brexit in any form would stop flights between the U.K. and the EU. There are pre-existing contracts in place that pre-date even the Common Market that are still in force, something the EU can do zero about. 

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on January 14, 2023, 12:21:31 AM
Speaking of planes, they told us that flights between the U.K. and EU countries would be crippled. Not one single route has been affected.

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 13, 2023, 10:02:14 PM
It gets a bit boring keep telling the doom mongers they were wrong . Was just  reading about  when George Osborn told us Airbus among others  would quit the UK if we voted Brexit .

They have announced a £100m investment at its Broughton wing factory  creating 500 jobs .

God bless Brexit
Speaking of planes, they told us that flights between the U.K. and EU countries would be crippled. Not one single route has been affected. 

Streetwalker

It gets a bit boring keep telling the doom mongers they were wrong . Was just  reading about  when George Osborn told us Airbus among others  would quit the UK if we voted Brexit . 

God bless Brexit 

Nick

The Remoaners list of doom must be getting smaller as their predictions fail to come true, the last one being a recession. November saw a rise in GDP, if only a tiny amount, once again proving the U.K. can stand on its own 2 feet.