Where are Toots and Cromwell and Depputy ?

Started by Borchester, January 15, 2023, 10:49:26 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 16, 2023, 04:02:42 PM
I think the trouble with political debate is that its being shut down across the board . What would you type in your search engine to find any ? 
A recent search came up with nothing in the first 10 pages but for ones from the USA or those linked to general forums, even WBAFC politics section was offered before I came across any  specific political ones and they were ones with less posts on it than this one . Where exactly do people find pol-tics because people for one reason or another leave and they are not being replaced

I do believe the interest is out there , tapping into it is another matter . 
Correct, I already put £500 into promoting the site and it barely touched the surface. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on January 15, 2023, 08:45:30 PM
Well if this place isn't being used when it comes to renewal time it will simply be turned off.
I think the trouble with political debate is that its being shut down across the board . What would you type in your search engine to find any ?  
A recent search came up with nothing in the first 10 pages but for ones from the USA or those linked to general forums, even WBAFC politics section was offered before I came across any  specific political ones and they were ones with less posts on it than this one . Where exactly do people find pol-tics because people for one reason or another leave and they are not being replaced 

I do believe the interest is out there , tapping into it is another matter .  

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on January 16, 2023, 02:34:18 PM
Then don't read posts posts that offend them
You can't know it's offensive until you've read it. 

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on January 16, 2023, 01:36:10 PM
Some people don't enjoy confrontation.
Then don't read posts posts that offend them

Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on January 16, 2023, 12:00:04 PM
So Jonksy has got you running scared and instead of telling him to f**k off, you want someone else to fight your battles?
Some people don't enjoy confrontation. 

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on January 16, 2023, 10:39:37 AM
Moderation is a fine balance. You clearly want it to go too far the other way. Your own conduct re Smurf suggests to me that sometimes you could do with being reined it. A jungle where anyone is free to say anything to or about anyone else, no insult too unacceptable, would drive many away too and would come to be dominated by such troll like intellectual giants as Jonksy on the other forum.

So Jonksy has got you running scared and instead of telling him to F@@@ off, you want someone else to fight your battles?

Algerie Francais !

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on January 16, 2023, 08:59:57 AM
As far as I can see it is the well meaning priggishness of the mods that drove most of the posters away in the first place. That said, the other place seems to be going the same way.

To my way of thinking, anyone who is afraid of a few high words in cyber space is not worth his weight in salt
Moderation is a fine balance. You clearly want it to go too far the other way. Your own conduct re Smurf suggests to me that sometimes you could do with being reined it. A jungle where anyone is free to say anything to or about anyone else, no insult too unacceptable, would drive many away too and would come to be dominated by such troll like intellectual giants as Jonksy on the other forum. 
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on January 16, 2023, 06:09:12 AM
That would be sad but this place appears to be dying since T00ts and Cromwell ceased to be active. This feeds off itself because whenever I come here hoping to have something to respond to there isn't anything. And when I tried to start a thread of my own two days ago about the suggestion that NHS workers be given medals, zero response so far. So there is nothing to debate here and nothing to respond to.

I think Nick you should try and get in touch with and negotiate with Cromwell and T00ts. Their active presence and participation just might help save this place

As far as I can see it is the well meaning priggishness of the mods that drove most of the posters away in the first place. That said, the other place seems to be going the same way.

To my way of thinking, anyone who is afraid of a few high words in cyber space is not worth his weight in salt

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 15, 2023, 08:43:02 PM
Attacks on websites have nothing to do with your laptop, they are unaffected. You obviously have some kind of Syndrome where you need to fell affected.
It was an attack on my PC, and I suspect microsoft.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

srb7677

Well if this place isn't being used when it comes to renewal time it will simply be turned off.
That would be sad but this place appears to be dying since T00ts and Cromwell ceased to be active. This feeds off itself because whenever I come here hoping to have something to respond to there isn't anything. And when I tried to start a thread of my own two days ago about the suggestion that NHS workers be given medals, zero response so far. So there is nothing to debate here and nothing to respond to.

I think Nick you should try and get in touch with and negotiate with Cromwell and T00ts. Their active presence and participation just might help save this place
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

So when is the rent due?
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on January 15, 2023, 05:14:27 PM
And all the Proboard sites are f**ked so I can't sneak off to the other place.

Bugger.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 15, 2023, 07:01:44 PM
I had something like that, I ended up buying a new computer. Normal service nearly resumed.
Attacks on websites have nothing to do with your laptop, they are unaffected. You obviously have some kind of Syndrome where you need to fell affected. 

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 15, 2023, 06:33:38 PM
They seem to have had an 'angry bear' attack. Or so their error page says
I had something like that, I ended up buying a new computer. Normal service nearly resumed.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe