Where are Toots and Cromwell and Depputy ?

Started by Borchester, January 15, 2023, 10:49:26 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on January 17, 2023, 06:42:36 PM
We cannot afford it, and frankly it would be far too dangerous by taxi in the forecast weather conditions.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on January 17, 2023, 06:32:08 PM
That would cost about £400. (If not more.)

So what?

There are no pockets in a shroud and Mrs P would be tickled pink

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on January 17, 2023, 05:29:51 PM
How about getting a cab?

That means that someone else has to worry about the road conditions. Plus, the women folk appreciate that sort of thing
That would cost about £400. (If not more.)

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on January 17, 2023, 05:01:37 PM
Thanks, she now has two appointment for two different types of scan, one this Thursday and one next week. One is 30 miles away, the other 60 miles away. Both will mean starting out at silly o'clock in the morning with blizzards and gales forecast. There are no good roads to either appointment. (It will probably mean lowering the tyre pressures on the car and taking a shovel.)

How about getting a cab?

That means that someone else has to worry about the road conditions. Plus, the women folk appreciate that sort of thing
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on January 17, 2023, 04:02:21 PM
Best wishes to Mrs P
Thanks, she now has two appointment for two different types of scan, one this Thursday and one next week. One is 30 miles away, the other 60 miles away. Both will mean starting out at silly o'clock in the morning with blizzards and gales forecast. There are no good roads to either appointment. (It will probably mean lowering the tyre pressures on the car and taking a shovel.)

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on January 17, 2023, 08:48:50 AM
Nick what bit of I had serious communication problems which involved me getting a new desktop PC which is not easy where I live, especially when I had no internet access don't you understand. I have not run away from anything. (I don't know what you think I am running away from.
Also my wife has got ill which involves me taking her for medical checkups, with an urgent appointment for Thursday 30 miles away.  Frankly you need to bloody well grow up.

Best wishes to Mrs P
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 17, 2023, 08:39:49 AM
Yet more deflection tactics, everyone on this forum knows that when you're backed into a corner you go off and hide until you think everyone has forgotten.

Nick what bit of I had serious communication problems which involved me getting a new desktop PC which is not easy where I live, especially when I had no internet access don't you understand. I have not run away from anything. (I don't know what you think I am running away from. 
Also my wife has got ill which involves me taking her for medical checkups, with an urgent appointment for Thursday 30 miles away.  Frankly you need to bloody well grow up.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 17, 2023, 08:29:41 AM
Nick I did not go away and hide, it took me five days to get back online. It is you are always wrong. Because you are so ill informed.
An example from last night:-
Video at link:-
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001h9ly
The Boats Come In: What Happened Ne

The oystermen of the River Fal estuary have been dredging in sailing boats for hundreds of years. But their traditional way of life has been knocked sideways by Brexit. Exports to France - where their catch of native oysters and queen scallops are popular - have been hit hard by new rules.
Les and Dan Angell are a father-and-son team from Falmouth who sail up and down the Carrick Roads channel six days a week, towing small dredges behind their boat. Life was tough enough already when in January 2021 they were forced to stop fishing and beach their boat for the reminder of the season, losing income of more than £300 a day.
Local shellfish merchant Martin Laity has bought their produce for years, selling it on to the same loyal customers in France that his family dealt with a century ago. All that changed in January 2021. Exports of shellfish ground to a halt and his business was left floundering.
This documentary follows Martin and his business partner Tom as they navigate the choppy waters of post-Brexit Britain, looking for new ways to generate income and trying desperately to keep the community of fishermen like Les and Dan afloat.
Almost a year on since the original programme aired on BBC1, We Are England returns to see if Martin's shellfish business is surviving with the continued implications of Brexit.

Yet more deflection tactics, everyone on this forum knows that when you're backed into a corner you go off and hide until you think everyone has forgotten. 

Personally I hope they never get to dredge the seabed ever again. If you knew anything you'd know that it takes decades for it to recover from this archaic way of raping the seabed.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 17, 2023, 08:14:09 AM
Says the man that goes away and hides for 5 days, thinking we will just forget, because he is to scared to admit he is wrong about something.
Nick I did not go away and hide, it took me five days to get back online. It is you are always wrong. Because you are so ill informed.
An example from last night:-
Video at link:-
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001h9ly
 The Boats Come In: What Happened Ne

The oystermen of the River Fal estuary have been dredging in sailing boats for hundreds of years. But their traditional way of life has been knocked sideways by Brexit. Exports to France - where their catch of native oysters and queen scallops are popular - have been hit hard by new rules.
Les and Dan Angell are a father-and-son team from Falmouth who sail up and down the Carrick Roads channel six days a week, towing small dredges behind their boat. Life was tough enough already when in January 2021 they were forced to stop fishing and beach their boat for the reminder of the season, losing income of more than £300 a day.
Local shellfish merchant Martin Laity has bought their produce for years, selling it on to the same loyal customers in France that his family dealt with a century ago. All that changed in January 2021. Exports of shellfish ground to a halt and his business was left floundering.
This documentary follows Martin and his business partner Tom as they navigate the choppy waters of post-Brexit Britain, looking for new ways to generate income and trying desperately to keep the community of fishermen like Les and Dan afloat.
Almost a year on since the original programme aired on BBC1, We Are England returns to see if Martin's shellfish business is surviving with the continued implications of Brexit.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 17, 2023, 08:08:23 AM
Very few seem to be informed about politics. Which I personally find very worrying.
Says the man that goes away and hides for 5 days, thinking we will just forget, because he is to scared to admit he is wrong about something. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on January 17, 2023, 12:55:37 AM

Another point is that folk are not that interested in politics.
Very few seem to be informed about politics. Which I personally find very worrying. 

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on January 16, 2023, 04:05:53 PM
Correct, I already put £500 into promoting the site and it barely touched the surface.

A rider or two to that.

I have noticed visitors to this site that I knew during the glory days of IMDB and on various spin offs thereafter. By and large they are looking for somewhere they can land and and tend to be amazingly tolerant of the petty egocentricities of the various proprietors.

So point one is to make visitors welcome, not to present them with a list of rules and regulations the length of a bible.

Another point is that folk are not that interested in politics. I was over at IMDB2 a while back and despite there being almost no political discussion and Carter the Farter being as big a prick as ever, the place was bustling. So how about once a week someone comes up with an article on non political matters and we will see how that flies?
Algerie Francais !

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on January 16, 2023, 06:37:32 PM
Quite. Has the "Other Forum." disappeared? The link seems to have gone.
It is still there with its decent posters trying to make good points, but full or assholes calling each other "c*nts" and telling each other to "f*ck off" and generally just being abusive for the hell of it. But some people think that adds to the debate, though what happens eventually is that the decent debaters move on and only the trolls remain.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on January 16, 2023, 05:20:06 PM
So you try to be as offensive as possible. I am not the least bit scared of that prat, but if you think a forum prospers by allowing people like him to call other people c*nts, then it's a damned good job you are not and are never likely to be a mod. Cos you'd be about as effective as a fart in a hurricane.

And I have told Jonksy to eff off more than once already. But I shouldn't have to.
Quite. Has the "Other Forum." disappeared? The link seems to have gone.

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on January 16, 2023, 12:00:04 PM
So Jonksy has got you running scared and instead of telling him to f**k off, you want someone else to fight your battles?
So you try to be as offensive as possible. I am not the least bit scared of that prat, but if you think a forum prospers by allowing people like him to call other people c*nts, then it's a damned good job you are not and are never likely to be a mod. Cos you'd be about as effective as a fart in a hurricane.

And I have told Jonksy to eff off more than once already. But I shouldn't have to.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.