Potholes in the road

Started by papasmurf, January 20, 2023, 09:28:28 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on January 24, 2023, 11:53:07 AM
I've been surprised by the noticeably poor condition of many roads in London and Kent since returning after Christmas. Even M2, M20 and M25 have patches in urgent need of repair. Some potholes on important 'A' roads are dangerously deep.

In London, it seems that 20mph schemes are being brought in to lessen the chances of legal actions from drivers whose vehicles are damaged by dilapidated roads.

The recent freeze and snow shouldn't be an excuse — roads down from Calais and through Paris and Burgundy appear to have coped...

Sod the pot holes. You are a family man and with two daughters in the back of your motor, 20 mph is plenty fast enough.

The real problem is why the motorways are so bleak. You get to the end of the M1 at Brent Cross and apart from a few Pikkies squatting outside John Lewis it is like a day out in the slums of Bongo Bongo land. In fact it is worse. I have been to Bongo Bongo land and at least the locals plant a few flowers

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on January 24, 2023, 11:53:07 AM

The recent freeze and snow shouldn't be an excuse — roads down from Calais and through Paris and Burgundy appear to have coped...
Where I go on holiday in Brittany the roads even rural ones are in a pretty good state. Also there are close to zero "manhole," inspection covers in the roads.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

I've been surprised by the noticeably poor condition of many roads in London and Kent since returning after Christmas. Even M2, M20 and M25 have patches in urgent need of repair. Some potholes on important 'A' roads are dangerously deep.

In London, it seems that 20mph schemes are being brought in to lessen the chances of legal actions from drivers whose vehicles are damaged by dilapidated roads.

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe