Laura Kuenssberg: Is Keir Starmer a prime minister in waiting?

Started by BBC News , January 20, 2023, 07:00:10 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 20, 2023, 10:24:46 PM
I didnt know it had been scrapped . Or are we talking about oldies ?
The licence fee was supposed to rise with inflation. That was cut for a couple of years, but the annual increase was expected to start again this year, I think. However, with the current level of inflation I imagine that the government will welsh on the deal

Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Ok serious question

If you read Laura's little piece and I confess I hate the bitch so hard it was a difficult task to do no so, there is a hidden acclamation of Starmer as a man who gets things changed without telling people 

Not for him Blair's style of announcing the need to be rid of clause 4 and then go about it.

But she goes on to allude to Starmer doing something just as profound. But not telling anyone.

What was it ??
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on January 20, 2023, 09:24:35 PM
Will Sir Keir reinstall the BBC licence fee ?

Probably not
I didnt know it had been scrapped . Or are we talking about oldies ?

Borchester

Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: BBC News  on January 20, 2023, 07:00:10 PM

Labour are ahead in the polls, but leader Keir Starmer has his work cut out, writes Laura Kuenssberg.

Source: Laura Kuenssberg: Is Keir Starmer a prime minister in waiting?
No.

next question ?
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

BBC News

Labour are ahead in the polls, but leader Keir Starmer has his work cut out, writes Laura Kuenssberg.

Source: Laura Kuenssberg: Is Keir Starmer a prime minister in waiting?