Is the NHS pay review body independent?

Started by BBC News , January 29, 2023, 07:00:05 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on January 31, 2023, 02:17:17 PM
You mean Remainers? I won't argue with that.
No I mean people who should not be here as in illegal immigrants. (Throwing out the rabid Brexiteers who lied to the electorate in order to get a leave vote and the result is Britain is wrecked I would throw out of Britain.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on January 31, 2023, 07:24:59 AM
I would be all in favour of using the armed services to search out the people who should not be here in Britain. It is long overdue.

You mean Remainers? I won't argue with that.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 30, 2023, 09:10:15 PM
How about we give Border Force and the HM Forces big pay rises to dig out the 10 million extra people that are inside the UK that shouldn't be here. Cap them in the head, that'll take a bit of pressure off the underpaid prescious nurses.
I would be all in favour of using the armed services to search out the people who should not be here in Britain. It is long overdue.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 30, 2023, 07:50:57 PM
Borchester it is 13 years of underfunding of the NHS leading to 100000 staff vacancies in the NHS that is the reason patients are dying.
The government is shooting itself in the foot with the minimum staffing levels during strikes legislation they are attempting to get through Parliament. They will probably set staffing levels that cannot be met when there isn't a strike because of those 100000 vacancies.
How about we give Border Force and the HM Forces big pay rises to dig out the 10 million extra people that are inside the UK that shouldn't be here. Cap them in the head, that'll take a bit of pressure off the underpaid prescious nurses. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on January 30, 2023, 07:02:10 PM
Amazing.

The nurses are allowing their patients to die in pain and Pat is worried about a few high words.

Fucking amazing :)
Borchester it is 13 years of underfunding of the NHS leading to 100000 staff vacancies in the NHS that is the reason patients are dying.
The government is shooting itself in the foot with the minimum staffing levels during strikes legislation they are attempting to get through Parliament. They will probably set staffing levels that cannot be met when there isn't a strike because of those 100000 vacancies.

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on January 30, 2023, 07:02:10 PM
Amazing.

The nurses are allowing their patients to die in pain and Pat is worried about a few high words.

Wassup — knees giving you jip and doc refused your CBD again ?

What are high words — altitude, hilltop, summit ?

It's the current government's clamp down on palliative expenditure that's beckoning to what you seem to most fear, on here at least..
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on January 30, 2023, 06:40:14 PM
Personally, I reckon there's more substance to an official document, than from a twisted post produced from a (expletive deleted**) tortured mind...

** But I note we no longer need to be shy about using strong language...

Amazing.

Algerie Francais !

patman post

Personally, I reckon there's more substance to an official document, than from a twisted post produced from a (expletive deleted**) tortured mind...

** But I note we no longer need to be shy about using strong language...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on January 30, 2023, 04:03:56 PM
So what is this government "influence" ?

Are you suggesting that a pay review body shouldn't be aware of things like what money there is in the pot from the current restricted tax take and servicing of highest-ever borrowings...?
You posted the list from the review bodies website.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on January 30, 2023, 03:47:45 PM
It cannot be independent without being removed from ALL government influence.
So what is this government "influence" ?

Are you suggesting that a pay review body shouldn't be aware of things like what money there is in the pot from the current restricted tax take and servicing of highest-ever borrowings...?

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on January 30, 2023, 03:43:19 PM
Picking half a sentence and twisting its meaning shows, at best, blinkered ignorance if you believe a pay review body can only truly operate independently if it doesn't take into account information from all stakeholders...

The Review Body is also required to take careful account of the economic and other evidence submitted by the Government, Trades Unions, representatives of NHS employers and others.
It cannot be independent without being removed from ALL government influence.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 30, 2023, 03:36:06 PM
Trades Unions, representatives of NHS employers and others

Conveniently left out to try and make your point.

How else does a body make accurate assessments if it doesn't use data?
With out ANY government interference.  There are currently 100000 vacancies in NHS hospitals, another 150000 vacancies in the care sector.
The extra 5000 beds and 800 ambulances, (only 400 as they are replacement for old ambulances.) Announced by Sunak today are useless without staff. Until staff are paid properly new staff will not be recruited.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on January 30, 2023, 03:29:35 PM
NOT independent then.
Picking half a sentence and twisting its meaning shows, at best, blinkered ignorance if you believe a pay review body can only truly operate independently if it doesn't take into account information from all stakeholders...

The Review Body is also required to take careful account of the economic and other evidence submitted by the Government, Trades Unions, representatives of NHS employers and others.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 30, 2023, 03:29:35 PM
NOT independent then.
Trades Unions, representatives of NHS employers and others

Conveniently left out to try and make your point.

How else does a body make accurate assessments if it doesn't use data?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on January 30, 2023, 03:27:47 PM
From your link...:

4.    the Government's inflation target;
The Review Body is also required to take careful account of the economic and other evidence submitted by the Government, 

NOT independent then.