Site seems a bit buggered.

Started by Borchester, January 29, 2023, 06:30:06 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on February 03, 2023, 08:47:08 PM
I am not going to approve a post where you discuss the cons of handing over the keys to this forum with a banned member who you, yourself cited as a nuisance whilst a member of admin. I argued long and hard against the Mods to not have people barred for, Smurf would still be banned if it wasn't for me. Your rules are still in play Barry.
Exactly.

Where would this site be without Pappy.

Shame on you Barry

Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Barry on February 01, 2023, 06:51:15 PM
I have edited that post so you can approve it if you wish.
I am not going to approve a post where you discuss the cons of handing over the keys to this forum with a banned member who you, yourself cited as a nuisance whilst a member of admin. I argued long and hard against the Mods to not have people barred for, Smurf would still be banned if it wasn't for me. Your rules are still in play Barry. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

Quote from: Nick on January 31, 2023, 02:34:10 PM
You had ONE post unapproved for openly criticising a MOD for the way things are run, strangely, a rule you brought in and swore by. Like I said, gamekeeper turned poacher.
I have edited that post so you can approve it if you wish.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on January 31, 2023, 06:27:31 PM
Bit of a side issue Nick, if you will pardon me saying so. The site is closed again, which means no new members and that you are pissing off the regulars.

It is your site and if are about to close down then that is your perogative, but a bit of warning  would be helpful.
The site isn't closed, it was merely a temporary position to bring the provocateurs into play, which it did. They've had their say and now we will be opening up once again. Just a couple of posts to share before we do. 

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on January 31, 2023, 06:27:31 PM
Bit of a side issue Nick, if you will pardon me saying so. The site is closed again, which means no new members and that you are pissing off the regulars.

It is your site and if are about to close down then that is your perogative, but a bit of warning  would be helpful.
Bit sad if that happened. I have a soft spot for wide ranging forums — Sis met and married a poster on Gumtree and posting on another site led me to Norway.

So I hope you're wrong...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

srb7677

Quote from: patman post on January 31, 2023, 01:00:56 PMI genuinely hope we're not witnessing pol-tics' death throes...
Sadly I fear that we are and hope I am wrong.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on January 31, 2023, 11:49:09 AM
Borchester, you should be a moderator, you've had enough to say about it in the past.
Same applies to Papasmurf, he thinks he could do better.
I was actually asked to do it, but lack the time and commitment and it looks like a bit of a poisoned chalice at the moment so I declined
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on January 31, 2023, 02:34:10 PM
You had ONE post unapproved for openly criticising a MOD for the way things are run, strangely, a rule you brought in and swore by. Like I said, gamekeeper turned poacher.

Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Barry on January 31, 2023, 01:40:06 PM
I'm now having posts unapproved without reason so it's time to go. Adios amigos.
You had ONE post unapproved for openly criticising a MOD for the way things are run, strangely, a rule you brought in and swore by. Like I said, gamekeeper turned poacher. 

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on January 31, 2023, 02:09:59 PM
The "other bolt hole," is a hostile nasty environment full of some very nasty people.

It is fun is it not? :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on January 31, 2023, 02:00:36 PM
Nonsense. It is always good to have another bolt hole.
The "other bolt hole," is a hostile nasty environment full of some very nasty people.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on January 31, 2023, 01:40:06 PM
I'm now having posts unapproved without reason so it's time to go. Adios amigos.

Nonsense. It is always good to have another bolt hole. And apart from being full of old friends and some interesting enemies, the only strength of the other place (sounds like Cambridge :)) is that it is new.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on January 31, 2023, 01:01:39 PM
 As said before, every time Pappy whimpers that he is offended I can't think of a better response than good. 
Borchester the continually repeated lies about me are legally actionable. (Which I have successfully done several times and got out of court settlements.) The other abuse of me is against the rules of the forum and the terms of service. It is NOT me at fault for complaining it is the moderators at fault for not disciplining the offenders.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on January 31, 2023, 11:49:09 AM
Borchester, you should be a moderator, you've had enough to say about it in the past.
Same applies to Papasmurf, he thinks he could do better.

I have never quite seen the point of moderators Barry. As said before, every time Pappy whimpers that he is offended I can't think of a better response than good. And over at the other place Jaydee spends all his time rolling on the floor, but the world does not come to an end.

The problem with moderation is that most folk feel that they are, so it is moderate folk being offended by other moderate folk. As I have said before, the only real response in such cases is to say eat shit C@@@, and then move on. But we rarely do.
Algerie Francais !