Site seems a bit buggered.

Started by Borchester, January 29, 2023, 06:30:06 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 30, 2023, 05:25:25 AM
The Captain is supposed to go down with the ship Borky and besides all the lifeboats have already left filled with women and children

That only happened to me once SW, and we didn't abandon ship, the Old Man had the first mate jump over the side (he was into scuba diving) and stop the leak. The trouble with Captain Smith was that he was brave, but not very bright.

Anyway, I reckon that we can rely on Nick to turn the board around and make it the vibrant, over subscribed board it was before he got into having his minions ban everyone in sight.
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on January 30, 2023, 03:56:06 PM
Ask Cromwell. I suspect DD didn't want to be a member any more and Cromwell had admin permissions to delete the account.
If you didn't want him doing that, you shouldn't have given him the permissions.

I miss DD.

He produced brisk, informative and to the point posts like the ex NCO he was. The only problem was that I half expected him to tell the reader to pick up his Lee Enfield, hold it over his head and do ten laps around the playground, like the ex PO who ran the OTC when I was at school.:)

Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on January 30, 2023, 09:42:32 AM
Remind us again. Why was Thomas banned?
Why was his password changed and his username changed to Disabled Account?
Was it so admin could snoop on his Personal Messages?

He is alive and well at the other place. Not quite as prolific but still fun to read :)
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 29, 2023, 08:32:09 PM
Whens the last time any passing trade got involved ?  As has been previously mentioned when numbers were being discussed its almost impossible to find this site (or other political forums ) through search engines .
Just did a bing search << political forums >> 

The first page came up with nine results including this, and one that said it listed 35 forums...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Quote from: Nick on January 30, 2023, 03:00:18 PM

Why did Cromwell delete DD's account without consulting with anyone?
Ask Cromwell. I suspect DD didn't want to be a member any more and Cromwell had admin permissions to delete the account.
If you didn't want him doing that, you shouldn't have given him the permissions.

† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: Barry on January 30, 2023, 09:42:32 AM
😂

He was put on moderated posts for sending unsavoury PM's to MOD's, this was reported by the MOD's. He also sent divisive PM's to other posters, telling lies and generally storing up shit. He was only banned when he continued to PM blatant lies to other posters stating that he had been banned from posting, he had not. He was given 6 months to correct his actions but chose not to.
There was no need to read his posts as copy's had been already been forwarded to the MOD's by several members. But it's a nice tale you tell Barry.

Why did Cromwell delete DD's account without consulting with anyone?

Quote from: Nick on July 10, 2022, 08:34:26 AM
I have just taken the unprecedented step of banning Thomas myself, something I didn't particularly enjoy.

The reasons are as follows.

Sending unsavoury PM' to MODS.
Sending PM's to other members stirring up the forum and telling lies about MODS.

He was put on moderated posts meaning his contributions were vetted before being posts, something many other posters have experienced, but Thomas, he gets straight onto PM's telling anyone that'll listen he's been banned when he has not.

This is not here say, this is fact, I've been copied into all correspondence, including other members questioning why he had been banned. Well, he hadn't up until this moment.

This is a man that sneaks around offline reading posts then logs into a VPN to post??

He clearly is intelligent, so why can a person of undoubted intellect not be able to post in a manner that doesn't try to bully and pick in people.

Anyone who wants to know more, feel free to post here, this is going to be honest and above board, no playground PM's. Please don't PM the mods on this subject, they will not response.

Nick

BTW, DD asked for his ban, when and if he returns you can ask him yourself.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on January 29, 2023, 10:00:39 PM

Then it is time to chuck Nick into one of the life boats and set sail for the other place. At least he won't have to pay any site rental :)
The Captain is supposed to go down with the ship Borky and besides all the lifeboats have already left filled with women and children 

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 29, 2023, 09:12:24 PM
Be more like the sinking of the Titanic , the band playing , a few screams then silence

Then it is time to chuck Nick into one of the life boats and set sail for the other place. At least he won't have to pay any site rental :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UyM6jJzuVw
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on January 29, 2023, 08:52:50 PM
Well the good news is Borky, the Mods have bailed and the word censorship has been turned off.
If the site is going down, it's going down like the Wild West!!
Be more like the sinking of the Titanic , the band playing , a few screams then silence 

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on January 29, 2023, 06:30:06 PM
I had to log in to see who was posting what
Well the good news is Borky, the Mods have bailed and the word censorship has been turned off. 
If the site is going down, it's going down like the Wild West!! 

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 29, 2023, 08:32:09 PM
Whens the last time any passing trade got involved ?  As has been previously mentioned when numbers were being discussed its almost impossible to find this site (or other political forums ) through search engines .
How much passing trade has joined the pro-boards site? None, same as here, it's all the usual crowd.

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on January 29, 2023, 08:12:18 PM
Certainly makes it difficult to attract passing trade, but perhaps that's no longer wanted...
Whens the last time any passing trade got involved ?  As has been previously mentioned when numbers were being discussed its almost impossible to find this site (or other political forums ) through search engines . 

patman post

Certainly makes it difficult to attract passing trade, but perhaps that's no longer wanted...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

I had to log in to see who was posting what
Algerie Francais !