Site seems a bit buggered.

Started by Borchester, January 29, 2023, 06:30:06 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on January 30, 2023, 10:49:49 PM
I returned to make a reply,as far as DD is concerned I will repeat what was said previously that he left of his own volition and it was nothing to do with the mods.

He was given time to think and confirmed his decision which Nick was aware of.

I message him very occasionally and whether he wishes to be a member here is his decision.

Though you imagine the lack of posters is all the fault of the mods that is your opinion .

I am not interested in who said what or why, simply in filling the space left by DD's departure. Surely it is not beyond you to drop him a line and ask when he intends to return?

Algerie Francais !

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on January 30, 2023, 10:49:49 PM
I returned to make a reply,as far as DD is concerned I will repeat what was said previously that he left of his own volition and it was nothing to do with the mods.

I message him very occasionally and whether he wishes to be a member here is his decision.

Though you imagine the lack of posters is all the fault of the mods that is your opinion .
Even if only briefly to defend your name, it is good to see you back. This forum has been dying on its arse since you and T00ts left, a very bad time for such a crisis to have occurred when a rival was touting for business.

The other forum is very wild west and participation there means giving as good as you get, so my posting style of necessity is very different there as I tend to respond in kind. I prefer it here but it is just less active with less going on. I fear that if this doesnt change Nick will just let it die
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on January 30, 2023, 10:40:55 PM
All good stuff. Nice to see you back. Now, are you going to ask DD to return? As you may have noticed, the board is not exactly oversubscribed

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on January 30, 2023, 10:30:30 PM
I can confirm this and am horrified that anything different is being put forward. Cromwell deserves better than this.

Nah. Ollie is or was a mod and as such deserves a regular kick in the wedding tackle for the good of his soul. That said, he is a nice lad and it is good to see the pair of you back.
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on January 30, 2023, 09:45:48 PM
I had determined to leave and not log on again till I was informed of this.
You were fully informed of DD's request and my deleting his profile.

As far as being two faced you forgot to delete Barry's admin account and he read all you had to say.

Why you've gone down this road only you know,I left and posted nothing concerning it.

All good stuff. Nice to see you back. Now, are you going to ask DD to return? As you may have noticed, the board is not exactly oversubscribed

Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 30, 2023, 07:51:12 PM
I take lessons in brevity from the same people Spaceballs' Evil Lord Helmet braked for. Nobody.
"No sir, I didn't see you playing with your dolls "

:)

Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on January 30, 2023, 09:45:48 PM
You were fully informed of DD's request and my deleting his profile.

As far as being two faced you forgot to delete Barry's admin account and he read all you had to say.

Why you've gone down this road only you know,I left and posted nothing concerning it.
I can confirm this and am horrified that anything different is being put forward. Cromwell deserves better than this. 

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on January 30, 2023, 08:54:51 PM
Just an example of two facedness on his part.
Like your gamekeeper turned poacher outlook.
You were fully informed of DD's request and my deleting his profile.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 30, 2023, 07:48:44 PM
Yeah I can identify with that

we were paid a thousand each to jump over the side into twenty metres in the sound of mull to do one particular job but I still remember the deck of the trawler was so high above the waves we had time to think 'this was a fucking bad idea' after jumping and before hitting the water.
You were a diver? Me too, sat, octopus, rebreather @ Bovy. 
What did you dive on / for?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: Barry on January 30, 2023, 03:56:06 PM
Ask Cromwell. I suspect DD didn't want to be a member any more and Cromwell had admin permissions to delete the account.
If you didn't want him doing that, you shouldn't have given him the permissions.
Just an example of two facedness on his part. 
Like your gamekeeper turned poacher outlook. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on January 30, 2023, 07:10:25 PM
Brisk?

I reckon he'd used his bowler-hatting (or cloth capping) for literature appreciation — but, surely, only JoG could learn brevity from his prose style...
I take lessons in brevity from the same people Spaceballs' Evil Lord Helmet braked for. Nobody.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on January 30, 2023, 06:50:32 PM
That only happened to me once SW, and we didn't abandon ship, the Old Man had the first mate jump over the side (he was into scuba diving) and stop the leak. The trouble with Captain Smith was that he was brave, but not very bright.

Anyway, I reckon that we can rely on Nick to turn the board around and make it the vibrant, over subscribed board it was before he got into having his minions ban everyone in sight.
Yeah I can identify with that

we were paid a thousand each to jump over the side into twenty metres in the sound of mull to do one particular job but I still remember the deck of the trawler was so high above the waves we had time to think 'this was a fucking bad idea' after jumping and before hitting the water.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

The difference between DD and PP was huge.
When DD posted something he actually said something.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on January 30, 2023, 07:10:25 PM
Brisk?

I reckon he'd used his bowler-hatting (or cloth capping) for literature appreciation — but, surely, only JoG could learn brevity from his prose style...
Each to his own.

My impression was that he had something to say and said it by sticking to the point. The point might have taken some time to reach, but he was always worth reading

Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on January 30, 2023, 06:39:42 PM
I miss DD.

He produced brisk, informative and to the point posts like the ex NCO he was. The only problem was that I half expected him to tell the reader to pick up his Lee Enfield, hold it over his head and do ten laps around the playground, like the ex PO who ran the OTC when I was at school.:)
Brisk?

I reckon he'd used his bowler-hatting (or cloth capping) for literature appreciation — but, surely, only JoG could learn brevity from his prose style...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...