Site seems a bit buggered.

Started by Borchester, January 29, 2023, 06:30:06 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Whatever the eventual outcome from all these exchanges, and posters biting lumps out of each other, pol-tics.com has certainly livened up over the last couple of days.

And it's good to see Cromwell and Toots back posting. Maybe they'll become regular once accusations and name calling are over.

However, it might be a blessing that  the forum's not currently open to casual callers — it could turn into a cross between Gordon Ramsay and online cage fighting if new posters joined because they were attracted by the scrapping on show here.

I genuinely hope we're not witnessing pol-tics' death throes...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on January 31, 2023, 12:29:54 PM
I have NEVER expressed ANY desire to be a moderator. Moderators should not take part on a forum other than to moderate.  Especially when moderators have such twisted opinions verging on trolling that has happened on this forum.

Nonsense. You are permanently offended and hate most everybody. No way to run a life or a railway, but at least everyone would know where you stood.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on January 31, 2023, 11:49:09 AM
Borchester, you should be a moderator, you've had enough to say about it in the past.
Same applies to Papasmurf, he thinks he could do better.
I have NEVER expressed ANY desire to be a moderator. Moderators should not take part on a forum other than to moderate.  Especially when moderators have such twisted opinions verging on trolling that has happened on this forum.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Borchester, you should be a moderator, you've had enough to say about it in the past.
Same applies to Papasmurf, he thinks he could do better.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on January 31, 2023, 10:25:53 AM
Yesterday T00ts messaged to say she was going to start posting anew,her reply now makes it clear she has no intention of doing so again.

You are performing an excercise to prove yourself .....no one is interested and you're not listening, it's pointless why don't you just do as she asked and remove her account......do yourself a favour and remove mine too since you hold the both of us and our time as mods in utter contempt then your forum almost mod free can stand on its own merits free of the black cloud of our time here.
I responded to a point raised by T00ts whereby she stated she wished to be removed as a mod, I pointed out this wasn't the correct facts. You expect me to not respond? BTW, I don't remove accounts. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on January 31, 2023, 10:25:53 AM
Yesterday T00ts messaged to say she was going to start posting anew,her reply now makes it clear she has no intention of doing so again.

You are performing an excercise to prove yourself .....no one is interested and you're not listening, it's pointless why don't you just do as she asked and remove her account......do yourself a favour and remove mine too since you hold the both of us and our time as mods in utter contempt then your forum almost mod free can stand on its own merits free of the black cloud of our time here.
This is all good stuff, but does not solve the problem of how to get the punters back on board. I suggest

(a) Someone make a list of all the good things about this site

(b) send (a) to all posters on ukwhatever and do a bit of poaching of our own

(c) make the site accessible to visitors. Right now if you want to see what is going on you have to sign in, which is not only pompous, but counter productive

Crack on Ollie

Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on January 31, 2023, 09:13:58 AM
The last information about you wanting to quit came via Cromwell. He said it was quite clear you wanted to quit and I said I'd wait to hear it from you, you then posted that it was far from clear you wanted to quit so I didn't remove you. I will of course find the posts to prove it when I get a minute.

You are performing an excercise to prove yourself .....no one is interested and you're not listening, it's pointless why don't you just do as she asked and remove her account......do yourself a favour and remove mine too since you hold the both of us and our time as mods in utter contempt then your forum almost mod free can stand on its own merits free of the black cloud of our time here.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on January 31, 2023, 08:47:44 AM
Let's get something straight here Nick. I had asked to be replaced several times and you made it very clear that you didn't want me to go? Are you a liar after all? I thought you had our backs through some very nasty vindictive actions and it seems I was a fool to believe you. Your 'discussion' with cromwell shows that he had tried to call time on it. You continued in a way that as a bona fide Mod I felt was out of line. I unapproved those posts in exactly the same way that we had done many times before in preparation for Moderation. It was you who didn't consult. You reinstated with no ref to me or cromwell. You undermined me with an arrogance that was proof of how little you valued me. Why didn't you let me go when I asked more than once? I thought you were better than you have proved to be. I have no doubt that you will twist this once again to improve you own reputation but I am past caring. As cromwell states it's your forum. I will not be back. Please remove my account.
The last information about you wanting to quit came via Cromwell. He said it was quite clear you wanted to quit and I said I'd wait to hear it from you, you then posted that it was far from clear you wanted to quit so I didn't remove you. I will of course find the posts to prove it when I get a minute. 

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on January 31, 2023, 06:25:39 AM
The posts T00ts unapproved where nothing to do with the forum, they were regarding whether Unions were akin to terrorists (still there to be seen), which T00ts agreed with to a certain extent.
It was a debate that had no badness in it but she chose to end it without any consultation, I chose to reinstate it and then toys were thrown out of the pram.
I have got involved in about half a dozen things in 2 years, hardly controlling is it? As for the forum, the Christian element has shown it's self to be too restrictive for many users, values I don't personally believe in but respected over the years whilst posters drifted away. We are now going into a period that will be REASONABLY free from moderation, it will either thrive or close, it's that simple.
Let's get something straight here Nick. I had asked to be replaced several times and you made it very clear that you didn't want me to go? Are you a liar after all? I thought you had our backs through some very nasty vindictive actions and it seems I was a fool to believe you. Your 'discussion' with cromwell shows that he had tried to call time on it. You continued in a way that as a bona fide Mod I felt was out of line. I unapproved those posts in exactly the same way that we had done many times before in preparation for Moderation. It was you who didn't consult. You reinstated with no ref to me or cromwell. You undermined me with an arrogance that was proof of how little you valued me. Why didn't you let me go when I asked more than once? I thought you were better than you have proved to be. I have no doubt that you will twist this once again to improve you own reputation but I am past caring. As cromwell states it's your forum. I will not be back. Please remove my account.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on January 31, 2023, 06:06:12 AMI disagreed of late with things happening,tried to resolve them behind the scenes you chose to take it on to open forum,T00ts removed those posts from both of us and you chose to reinstate them.
The posts T00ts unapproved where nothing to do with the forum, they were regarding whether Unions were akin to terrorists (still there to be seen), which T00ts agreed with to a certain extent.
It was a debate that had no badness in it but she chose to end it without any consultation, I chose to reinstate it and then toys were thrown out of the pram.
I have got involved in about half a dozen things in 2 years, hardly controlling is it? As for the forum, the Christian element has shown it's self to be too restrictive for many users, values I don't personally believe in but respected over the years whilst posters drifted away. We are now going into a period that will be REASONABLY free from moderation, it will either thrive or close, it's that simple.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on January 31, 2023, 04:23:00 AM
He did leave of his own accord and did request his account being deleted, but you deleted without any consultation, certainly not with me. I could have stashed it away in case he ever decided to come back but you deleted an entire account.

As for me leaving the door open for Barry into the admin section, I did, but it was you and Toots that twisted the knife. Do you and T00ts deny that?
I will reply only this,T00ts is a committed Christian and acts accordingly,you are the owner of this forum and can do as you wish.

I disagreed of late with things happening,tried to resolve them behind the scenes you chose to take it on to open forum,T00ts removed those posts from both of us and you chose to reinstate them.

There's every possibility I would've returned and quietly posted,T00ts did and we are where we are.

I will repeat it's your forum and you can do what you like,you want to turn it in to some tawdry circus sideshow  crack on.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on January 30, 2023, 10:49:49 PM
I returned to make a reply,as far as DD is concerned I will repeat what was said previously that he left of his own volition and it was nothing to do with the mods.

He was given time to think and confirmed his decision which Nick was aware of.

I message him very occasionally and whether he wishes to be a member here is his decision.

Though you imagine the lack of posters is all the fault of the mods that is your opinion .
He did leave of his own accord and did request his account being deleted, but you deleted without any consultation, certainly not with me. I could have stashed it away in case he ever decided to come back but you deleted an entire account.

As for me leaving the door open for Barry into the admin section, I did, but it was you and Toots that twisted the knife. Do you and T00ts deny that? 

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on January 31, 2023, 12:18:16 AM
And an update Borky you a good while ago went off in a huff for many weeks and I emailed you did I not and told you that you're a daft old bugger and should return.

God knows why since all you've done is tell us we're useless and banned everyone in sight and ruined the place.  :P
There you are Ollie. You are an edel mensch and deserve better than unappreciative rubbish such as I.

I think that we must accept that I am a lost cause. However, DD ain't. Contact him, tell him what a lively, vibrant place this site has become and that even if it ain't, it is better than sitting at home sniffing petrol which is what he is doing right now.

Algerie Francais !

cromwell

And an update Borky you a good while ago went off in a huff for many weeks and I emailed you did I not and told you that you're a daft old bugger and should return.

God knows why since all you've done is tell us we're useless and banned everyone in sight and ruined the place.  :P

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on January 31, 2023, 12:03:39 AM
I am not interested in who said what or why, simply in filling the space left by DD's departure. Surely it is not beyond you to drop him a line and ask when he intends to return?
Obviously not interested enough to read between the lines I would've been more than happy to see his return.

To repeat that decision is his and he doesn't need me badgering him.