UK economy to crash in 2023

Started by Borchester, January 31, 2023, 03:18:09 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on February 01, 2023, 11:23:49 AM
No, but you could divide that bungalow of yours into two and earn a very decent screw.

Good idea Nick
You have no idea how small my bungalow is. It could not under building regulations and the specific regulations applying to the area by divided up. Also being a private landlord is totally against my principles.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on February 01, 2023, 09:47:21 AM
I don't live in a flat.

No, but you could divide that bungalow of yours into two and earn a very decent screw.

Good idea Nick
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 31, 2023, 09:28:06 PM
It's just another of his throw away lines that mean nothing. If he dislikes...... and let's start at the top. The county he lives in because it's broken, the country he lives in because it's broken, the economy he lives with because it's broken, why doesn't he take a one way ferry to anywhere and leave a flat for someone in Cornwall to move into? Answer, because he can't afford it.
I don't live in a flat.

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on January 31, 2023, 08:06:40 PM
Pappy is being droll.

Not so long ago Cornwall was run by the Stannaries and was, as he has wittily observed, a truly tin pot state.:)
It's just another of his throw away lines that mean nothing. If he dislikes...... and let's start at the top. The county he lives in because it's broken, the country he lives in because it's broken, the economy he lives with because it's broken, why doesn't he take a one way ferry to anywhere and leave a flat for someone in Cornwall to move into? Answer, because he can't afford it. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 31, 2023, 07:58:52 PM
We have our problems Pappa but we still punch above our wieght despite the chancers in Westminster .

Pappy is being droll.

Not so long ago Cornwall was run by the Stannaries and was, as he has wittily observed, a truly tin pot state.:)
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on January 31, 2023, 07:43:20 PM
Britain now is a tin pot nation.
We have our problems Pappa but we still punch above our wieght despite the chancers in Westminster .

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 31, 2023, 07:20:16 PM
IMF is a decent forcaster of tin pot nations economies in Africa . Not so good in grown ups company especially since Legarde took the riegns .
Its probably a report thats a few months out of date anyway

Keep on rocking in the free world Union Flag
Britain now is a tin pot nation.

Streetwalker

IMF is a decent forcaster of tin pot nations economies in Africa . Not so good in grown ups company especially since Legarde took the riegns .
Its probably a report thats a few months out of date anyway 

Keep on rocking in the free world Union Flag

johnofgwent

https://www.elibrary.imf.org/downloadpdf/book/9781557757012/C01.pdf

The IMFs own analysis of their own forecasts admit 'they are not improving over time'

The laugh is they've put that document, which is privacy marked not for distribution, on a public facing server.

Twats
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on January 31, 2023, 03:42:43 PM
Same IMF that said we would be in recession last year?
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Algerie Francais !

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.