I hear on the grapevine

Started by Sheepy, February 02, 2023, 08:17:55 AM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Ratcliff on February 10, 2023, 05:01:16 PM
Where do I find this Foreign Office advice please and do you mean a visa or an ESTA?
We're off to Canada in the summer as usual and I've never read such rubbish before
forums are quite unique in that respect .;)

ESTA both USA and Canadian ones give you permission to board a flight (or ship) bound for North America . They are not required for land crossings USA/Canada or visa versa . When you enter the USA which involves leaving the airport a Visa Waiver will be electronically attatched to your passport allowing travel within the US for 90 days . It also allows side  trips to Canada Mexico and most of the Caribbean . 

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on February 12, 2023, 09:44:53 AM
Feck me, this evidence is taking its time, it ain't like genetics, it is black is white.

Quote from: papasmurf on February 10, 2023, 07:53:54 PM
Frankly there have been so many over the years it would be difficult to pick one.
You'd think with there being so many it would take a matter of minutes. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Feck me, this evidence is taking its time, it ain't like genetics, it is black is white. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 10, 2023, 03:44:04 PM
Nick people do get arrest and put in a cell if they are diverted to the USA and they don't have a visa for the USA, if they have to leave the plane. It is a common occurrence. Which is why the Foreign Office Advice is to get a visa for the USA in case the flight you are on is diverted to the USA instead of landing in Canada.  (That you have not ever been pulled for anything with your frankly Cavalier attitude I find frankly unbelievable.
You are talking rubbish, and have been asked by several people to show some evidence, which you won't. You'll just disappear for a few days hoping people forget. 

Unlucky4Sum

Frankly there have been so many over the years it would be difficult to pick one.
Especially as the truth is there hasn't ever been one.  

Sheepy

Well Frankly as you keep repeating yourself even though you have been told otherwise, give us some. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on February 10, 2023, 06:14:40 PM
Well in that case please quote an example of one being so treated after plane diverted. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on February 10, 2023, 01:34:38 PM
Those have no relevance to the many instances of British citizens being treated in a disgusting fashion by USA immigration at airports. Which have in some instances been national news in Britain.  . . .
Well in that case please quote an example of one being so treated after plane diverted.  

Ratcliff

Quote from: papasmurf on February 10, 2023, 03:44:04 PM
Nick people do get arrest and put in a cell if they are diverted to the USA and they don't have a visa for the USA, if they have to leave the plane. It is a common occurrence. Which is why the Foreign Office Advice is to get a visa for the USA in case the flight you are on is diverted to the USA instead of landing in Canada.  (That you have not ever been pulled for anything with your frankly Cavalier attitude I find frankly unbelievable.

Where do I find this Foreign Office advice please and do you mean a visa or an ESTA?
We're off to Canada in the summer as usual and I've never read such rubbish before

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 10, 2023, 03:04:37 PM
The point is nothing to do with people being stopped at US immigration, it's to be with the fact that people don't get arrested for being diverted and you telling porkies about being issued a US visa on the grounds you might get diverted there.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 10, 2023, 01:34:38 PM
Those have no relevance to the many instances of British citizens being treated in a disgusting fashion by USA immigration at airports. Which have in some instances been national news in Britain.
What "skepticism." My not wanting go to America for a bet, or even on an all expenses trip, has little to with USA immigration.
In any case it would be impossible for health reasons for me to go there anyway now.
The point is nothing to do with people being stopped at US immigration, it's to be with the fact that people don't get arrested for being diverted and you telling porkies about being issued a US visa on the grounds you might get diverted there. 

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on February 10, 2023, 12:58:52 PM
Do your yearly trips on Brittany Ferries, or TV programme entertainment compilations fuel your skepticism...?
Those have no relevance to the many instances of British citizens being treated in a disgusting fashion by USA immigration at airports. Which have in some instances been national news in Britain.
 What "skepticism." My not wanting go to America for a bet, or even on an all expenses trip, has little to with USA immigration.
In any case it would be impossible for health reasons for me to go there anyway now.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on February 10, 2023, 08:29:50 AM
Your personal experience has no relevance, to the wider picture.
Do your yearly trips on Brittany Ferries, or TV programme entertainment compilations fuel your skepticism...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 10, 2023, 06:33:03 AM

I fly over 100,000 miles a year, I know a lot more about it than you, so admit your wrong or move on.
Your personal experience has no relevance, to the wider picture. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 09, 2023, 06:18:43 PM
There are TV programs on a regular basis on Freeview which are filmed at various borders,airports) (The USA, Canada, Ireland, Britain, Australia and New Zealand and sometimes other.) People with no visa or the wrong visa get taken away in handcuffs on a regular basis.
None of which where there due to being diverted. They either lied on their application and said they were coming as a tourist or are suspected of carrying drugs.
Again, NONE are taken away for having no visa as this is checked at the country of departure. For flights to the USA you will be checked by US immigration staff in the UK and given an ICTS sticker on the back of your passport to show you have been security cleared, you will not be boarded without being checked. In Schiphol airport everyone is directed to gate D1 and the exact same security checks are done, you are then issued your correct gate.

I fly over 100,000 miles a year, I know a lot more about it than you, so admit your wrong or move on.