I hear on the grapevine

Started by Sheepy, February 02, 2023, 08:17:55 AM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on February 03, 2023, 02:09:15 PM
You never know.

A friend was a teacher in a largely Abo community and she said the biggest problem there was alcoholism and incest.
Dealing with it or finding it...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Nick on February 03, 2023, 02:59:19 PM
Alcoholism is a big problem in the Aboriginal community, it's been well documented.
Another benefit of colonisation. 

Being hunted to near extinction in Tasmania, and driven off their lands on the mainland by an incompatible culture is likely to leave scars — one of which is possibly the common human failing of seeking solace in harmful substances...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

You never know.

A friend was a teacher in a largely Abo community and she said the biggest problem there was alcoholism and incest.
Alcoholism is a big problem in the Aboriginal community, it's been well documented. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

You never know.

Their biggest problem is the white people who invaded Australia when all the convicts were exported from Britain to Australia.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on February 02, 2023, 09:53:26 PM
Really? The Native Australians would disagree with you.
You never know.

Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 02, 2023, 09:49:52 PM
Maybe they will put Mick Jagger on the note  but knowing the liberal luvies in Aus it will probably be a bloke with a beard playing a didgeridoo  in Alice
Even though the popular belief is that Australia was founded by deported criminals, I doubt even the most insensitive officials there would suggest Rolf Harris as a suitable banknote image...

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on February 02, 2023, 09:02:45 PM
Probably not. Apart from Ned Kelly and Virginia Mackenna, Australia does not have a lot of history
Really? The Native Australians would disagree with you.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on February 02, 2023, 09:02:45 PM
Probably not. Apart from Ned Kelly and Virginia Mackenna, Australia does not have a lot of history
Maybe they will put Mick Jagger on the note  but knowing the liberal luvies in Aus it will probably be a bloke with a beard playing a didgeridoo  in Alice 

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 02, 2023, 07:32:34 PM
The Aussies getting all anti colonial past again .  I see they want more of their own history represented on the banknotes . I don't suppose anyone will notice

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 02, 2023, 07:32:34 PM
The Aussies getting all anti colonial past again .  I see they want more of their own history represented on the banknotes . I don't suppose anyone will notice

Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: Sheepy on February 02, 2023, 08:17:55 AM
Charlie has been reduced to the 10 cent king.

Sheepy

Charlie has been reduced to the 10 cent king.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!