I am going to have the flu jab

Started by Borchester, February 13, 2023, 01:56:59 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on February 13, 2023, 01:56:59 PM
And the one for Covid.
And the pneumonia one.
Plus the shingles.

What happened was this. Yesterday I got half way through fixing the ceiling and then I ran out of finishing plaster. So I started doing a bit of painting. Nothing to either, but it did require a bit of climbing up ladders and shifting furniture and at the end I was pleasantly knackered, so when I went to bed last night I passed out and did not wake up until midday, when the phone rang and a kid offered me no end of shots.

My initial response was no. I have potatoes, turnips, swedes, broad beans, onions, parsnips, leeks, pumpkins, tomatoes and God knows what else to plant and if I get the usual reaction I will be knocked arse over tea kettle until autumn and end up harvesting my crops in Waitrose. Plus, it turns out that shingles is related to chicken pox, which everyone had when I was a lad and was cured by being locked in my bedroom for a fortnight and forced feed mars bars, grapes, the Beano and Dandy and that pink stuff that mums knew would would cure coughs, colds and pimples on the belly. So I thought that the idea was a bit lame.

But then the kid said that a nurse would come round and give me the jabs. Once again I though sod that for a game of soldiers.. The way I see it, if you can't crawl round to the surgery you are probably dead anyway and not much to anyone. Other than yourself that is. I like lying in my bed of ease. But then I thought hello, this is some sort of money making scam on the part of the GPs and pharmacies who are trying to screw the NHS. And I approve of that sort of thing.

So I am going to schlepp round to the surgery and make a date    :)         
Too fecking right Borky , anything thats  free is worth having I say .

Borchester

And the one for Covid.
And the pneumonia one.
Plus the shingles.

What happened was this. Yesterday I got half way through fixing the ceiling and then I ran out of finishing plaster. So I started doing a bit of painting. Nothing to either, but it did require a bit of climbing up ladders and shifting furniture and at the end I was pleasantly knackered, so when I went to bed last night I passed out and did not wake up until midday, when the phone rang and a kid offered me no end of shots.

My initial response was no. I have potatoes, turnips, swedes, broad beans, onions, parsnips, leeks, pumpkins, tomatoes and God knows what else to plant and if I get the usual reaction I will be knocked arse over tea kettle until autumn and end up harvesting my crops in Waitrose. Plus, it turns out that shingles is related to chicken pox, which everyone had when I was a lad and was cured by being locked in my bedroom for a fortnight and forced feed mars bars, grapes, the Beano and Dandy and that pink stuff that mums knew would would cure coughs, colds and pimples on the belly. So I thought that the idea was a bit lame.

But then the kid said that a nurse would come round and give me the jabs. Once again I though sod that for a game of soldiers.. The way I see it, if you can't crawl round to the surgery you are probably dead anyway and not much to anyone. Other than yourself that is. I like lying in my bed of ease. But then I thought hello, this is some sort of money making scam on the part of the GPs and pharmacies who are trying to screw the NHS. And I approve of that sort of thing.

So I am going to schlepp round to the surgery and make a date     :)          
Algerie Francais !