Labour party caused it ,Brexit will fix it

Started by Streetwalker, February 14, 2023, 07:18:27 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 16, 2023, 08:29:17 AM
Nick I long for the day when you get caught out. (Seriously) I know plenty of people who have fallen foul of customs/immigration/police  when travelling abroad due to ignorance of regulations, and not just post Brexit to the EU.
And what am I could possibly fall foul of Paps? I've been to 70 countries and not had a single problem except when I left my onward ticket and passport on the plane in Bogota.
Tell me!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 16, 2023, 08:26:08 AM
Neither of which is in the EU.
But if you were able to follow simple conversations you would have spotted that my flights were either with KLM or AF, both of which transit through the EU.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on February 16, 2023, 04:29:15 AM

QuoteTaking food and drink into the EU

You cannot take meat, milk or products containing them into EU countries. There are some exceptions for medical reasons, for example certain amounts of powdered infant milk, infant food, or pet food required for medical reasons. Check the rules about taking food and drink into the EU on the European Commission website.

There has NEVER been a time this was allowed.

. . .
Yes there was, when we were in the EU we Brits could take food into EU countries and that's the lost ability Papasmurf is referring to

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 16, 2023, 06:39:25 AM
 PS on the other hand sees problems wherever he goes, there's a common link here lol 
Nick I long for the day when you get caught out. (Seriously) I know plenty of people who have fallen foul of customs/immigration/police  when travelling abroad due to ignorance of regulations, and not just post Brexit to the EU.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 16, 2023, 06:39:25 AM
Pappy is just a miserable old git that finds problems in everything, even when they don't exist. I've got 2 holiday flights booked, Cuba in April and Mumbai in August.
Neither of which is in the EU.

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 16, 2023, 05:44:02 AM
I dont know ::) I meant to say easier not cheaper ,though if time is money then yes cheaper . I had often been the only person off the flight without an EU passport for example which meant missing the que in those countries that seperated EU/ other nationalities  at the exit.
My smugness came crashing down around me big time though once when I arrived at heathrow in the middle of university registration week , there was a line to get into the arrivals hall .

Thats all history now of course , since Brexit and the development of the automated passport control as a member of the Commonwealth (Its good to see those signs back ) Im with everyone else .Its a shame they don't enforce those rules at their other borders where they appear to let anyone in even those without Passports any sort of ID and little or no money
Pappy is just a miserable old git that finds problems in everything, even when they don't exist. I've got 2 holiday flights booked, Cuba in April and Mumbai in August. I am getting an email every week telling me that my flights have disruptions and have been changed. AF and KLM are in all sorts of disarray, Schiphol is a no go zone  as far as I am concerned, but none of it costs me a penny. I've flown to CDG at least 16 times in the last 12 months and not had a single question about what I'm doing, where I'm going or how I will support myself. PS on the other hand sees problems wherever he goes, there's a common link here lol  

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on February 16, 2023, 05:02:36 AM
What are the extra costs if travelling as a Brit? They're probably not connected Brexit anyway I would think?
I dont know ::) I meant to say easier not cheaper ,though if time is money then yes cheaper . I had often been the only person off the flight without an EU passport for example which meant missing the que in those countries that seperated EU/ other nationalities  at the exit. 
My smugness came crashing down around me big time though once when I arrived at heathrow in the middle of university registration week , there was a line to get into the arrivals hall .

Thats all history now of course , since Brexit and the development of the automated passport control as a member of the Commonwealth (Its good to see those signs back ) Im with everyone else .
Quote from: papasmurf on February 15, 2023, 07:46:56 PM

Live links at link, and more info.
Entry requirements - France travel advice - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

At French border control, you may need to:

• show proof of where you intend to stay, for example, a booking confirmation or proof of address if visiting your own property (e.g. second home). Further information is detailed below
  • show proof of insurance for your trip. Please check the guidance on travel insurance here
  • show a return or onward ticket
  • prove that you have enough money for the duration of your stay. Further information is detailed below
France categorises possible accommodation arrangements for visitors as follows:

• Staying with family, friends or third party - you may be asked to provide an 'attestation d'accueil' (welcome invitation) from your host if you are staying with friends or family. The French resident hosting you will need to obtain this attestation d'accueil from their local Mayor's office, and send the original attestation before you enter France. You should also be prepared to show proof of funds of at least €32.50 per day, for the duration of your stay. If you do not have an 'attestation d'accueil' you should be ready to fulfil the requirements of option 4 below.
  • You have a second home in France - you will need to be able to prove ownership or tenancy of your property e.g. a tax or utility bill.
  • You are staying in a hotel or other commercially provided accommodation - you may be asked for confirmation of your reservation when entering France. You should also be prepared to show proof of funds of at least €65 per day for the duration of your stay.
  • You do not have an 'attestation d'accueil' or any pre-booked accommodation - in this instance, you may be asked to prove you have sufficient means for your visit, of at least €120 per day for the duration of your stay.
British citizens who are unable to return to the UK before the expiry of their visa/permit or the end of their visa-free limit due to COVID-19 restrictions should contact their local immigration authorities in France.
For further information on these requirements, visit the French government's website on travel conditions for British citizens.

Taking food and drink into the EU

You cannot take meat, milk or products containing them into EU countries. There are some exceptions for medical reasons, for example certain amounts of powdered infant milk, infant food, or pet food required for medical reasons. Check the rules about taking food and drink into the EU on the European Commission website.

Its a shame they don't enforce those rules at their other borders where they appear to let anyone in even those without Passports any sort of ID and little or no money

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 15, 2023, 07:30:44 PM
I dont get this , I have found travelling under my other nationality cheaper in most cases than travelling as a brit even when we were in the EU
What are the extra costs if travelling as a Brit? They're probably not connected Brexit anyway I would think?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 15, 2023, 07:46:56 PM

• show proof of where you intend to stay, for example, a booking confirmation or proof of address if visiting your own property (e.g. second home). Further information is detailed below
  • show proof of insurance for your trip. Please check the guidance on travel insurance here
  • prove that you have enough money for the duration of your stay. Further information is detailed below

• Staying with family, friends or third party - you may be asked to provide an 'attestation d'accueil' (welcome invitation) from your host if you are staying with friends or family. The French resident hosting you will need to obtain this attestation d'accueil from their local Mayor's office, and send the original attestation before you enter France. You should also be prepared to show proof of funds of at least €32.50 per day, for the duration of your stay. If you do not have an 'attestation d'accueil' you should be ready to fulfil the requirements of option 4 below.

Cost to you is ZERO, and if you haven't got €32.50 per day you shouldn't be going.

• You have a second home in France - you will need to be able to prove ownership or tenancy of your property e.g. a tax or utility bill.

Cost to you ZERO

• You are staying in a hotel or other commercially provided accommodation - you may be asked for confirmation of your reservation when entering France. You should also be prepared to show proof of funds of at least €65 per day for the duration of your stay.

Cost to you ZERO, again, if you haven't got €65 per day stay at home.

• You do not have an 'attestation d'accueil' or any pre-booked accommodation - in this instance, you may be asked to prove you have sufficient means for your visit, of at least €120 per day for the duration of your stay.

If you can't afford to pay for your hotel you shouldn't be going on holiday.

British citizens who are unable to return to the UK before the expiry of their visa/permit or the end of their visa-free limit due to COVID-19 restrictions should contact their local immigration authorities in France.
For further information on these requirements, visit the French government's website on travel conditions for British citizens.

Irrelevant, Covid restrictions are done.

You cannot take meat, milk or products containing them into EU countries. There are some exceptions for medical reasons, for example certain amounts of powdered infant milk, infant food, or pet food required for medical reasons. Check the rules about taking food and drink into the EU on the European Commission website.
There has NEVER been a time this was allowed.

So Pappy, where are the extra costs?
I assume your cost of living at home is zero if you think paying for food is an addition cost. 

So, again, where are these addition costs caused by Brexit? The £5 for the 3 year visa isn't even up and running yet so you can't even count that. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 15, 2023, 07:30:44 PM
I dont get this , I have found travelling under my other nationality cheaper in most cases than travelling as a brit even when we were in the EU

• Staying with family, friends or third party - you may be asked to provide an 'attestation d'accueil' (welcome invitation) from your host if you are staying with friends or family. The French resident hosting you will need to obtain this attestation d'accueil from their local Mayor's office, and send the original attestation before you enter France. You should also be prepared to show proof of funds of at least €32.50 per day, for the duration of your stay. If you do not have an 'attestation d'accueil' you should be ready to fulfil the requirements of option 4 below.
For further information on these requirements, visit the French government's website on travel conditions for British citizens.

You cannot take meat, milk or products containing them into EU countries. There are some exceptions for medical reasons, for example certain amounts of powdered infant milk, infant food, or pet food required for medical reasons. Check the rules about taking food and drink into the EU on the European Commission website.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on February 15, 2023, 10:08:34 AM
Nick Brexit has caused a massive rise in both, as it has the increase in regulations. (Which it is looking as if you know zero about.)
(Mind you on my last trip to Brittany I seemed to know more about the regulations than the staff at Plymouth ferryport.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 15, 2023, 10:08:34 AM
Nick Brexit has caused a massive rise in both, as it has the increase in regulations. (Which it is looking as if you know zero about.)
(Mind you on my last trip to Brittany I seemed to know more about the regulations than the staff at Plymouth ferryport.)
My travel insurance costs £132 a year for 6 people. 
my car insurance includes travel to Europe. 
I know more about travel than you'll ever know. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 15, 2023, 09:32:49 AM
Once again you find issues where there are none.
Travel insurance and repatriation insurance is down to your age, not Brexit, same as your car insurance.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 15, 2023, 09:16:21 AM
Nick all the rules are public domain. Also the costs are not hidden they have risen dramatically, travel/repatriation insurance, insurance for taking a vehicle abroad. (One regulation just appeared all prescription medicines must be in original packaging.)
Plus just a sample:-
France travel advice - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Local laws and customs - France travel advice - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Once again you find issues where there are none. 
Travel insurance and repatriation insurance is down to your age, not Brexit, same as your car insurance. 

Medicines have always had to be packaged and with prescription name on it, I've been following that rule for 20 years, again nothing to do with Brexit. 

The cost for me to fly to France is taxi and airline ticket, nothing else. You're clearly just a miserable old sod who has to find problems where ever you look. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 15, 2023, 08:58:21 AM
So what are these rules that we all don't know about and hidden costs?
Cant wait for what dodge you'll use to not show anything.
Nick all the rules are public domain. Also the costs are not hidden they have risen dramatically, travel/repatriation insurance, insurance for taking a vehicle abroad. (One regulation just appeared all prescription medicines must be in original packaging.)
Plus just a sample:-
France travel advice - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Local laws and customs - France travel advice - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)