Labour party caused it ,Brexit will fix it

Started by Streetwalker, February 14, 2023, 07:18:27 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 17, 2023, 08:59:48 AM
Spooks has nothing to do with black people it refers to (and is in VERY common usage) to security services like MI5, MI6 and the equivalent of other nations. (I have NEVER heard of your definitions.)
Spooks was just a TV program about MI5, they're not normally referred to by that name. They're know as the sneaky beaky. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 16, 2023, 08:17:16 PM
No I suppose not , maybe I was being unkind Spooks was a derogatory term used to describe black people . It origonated in the US where Black people were said due to their  colour were less visable in the dark and would 'spook' the white white folk when passing in the street . There  were also some referances to a black fighter squadron that was labled the Spookwaffe .

So to some (me included ) when you say the spooks are after you I think of Black people before I think of some TV show / government agency who have taken the title from the origional meaning of the words usage . Maybe its being brought up in London but for me a Spook will always be a black guy though I wouldnt use the term myself , you did .
The racist history of the word "spook." | Boing Boing
Spooks has nothing to do with black people it refers to (and is in VERY common usage) to security services like MI5, MI6 and the equivalent of other nations. (I have NEVER heard of your definitions.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on February 16, 2023, 06:13:35 PM
Not particularly PC, but he wouldn't get it anyway.
No I suppose not , maybe I was being unkind 
Quote from: papasmurf on February 16, 2023, 05:15:10 PM
Know what? I have not mentioned black people and where you have needs explaining.
Spooks was a derogatory term used to describe black people . It origonated in the US where Black people were said due to their  colour were less visable in the dark and would 'spook' the white white folk when passing in the street . There  were also some referances to a black fighter squadron that was labled the Spookwaffe . 

So to some (me included ) when you say the spooks are after you I think of Black people before I think of some TV show / government agency who have taken the title from the origional meaning of the words usage . Maybe its being brought up in London but for me a Spook will always be a black guy though I wouldnt use the term myself , you did .
 The racist history of the word "spook." | Boing Boing

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 16, 2023, 06:14:48 PM
I keep asking but you never answer, what are these restrictive regulations that you seem to think will catch me out one day? Just name one.
Nick it varies from country but those for France, (which I referenced,) are very similar to those for the rest the EU, the USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, many other countries, and if you are a foreigner entering the UK. (Sufficient funds for your stay is pretty well universal.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 16, 2023, 06:13:02 PM
Nick if you travel as frequently as you do to so many different countries you will be monitored automatically as you will be flagged. It is standard procedure. I have not just been to France. The reason I don't get any problems is because I am aware of, and comply with the regulations.
I keep asking but you never answer, what are these restrictive regulations that you seem to think will catch me out one day? Just name one. 

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 16, 2023, 04:22:57 PM
I would have thought such a well read fellow as yourself would know . 
Not particularly PC, but he wouldn't get it anyway. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 16, 2023, 05:42:03 PM
No, I haven't been lucky. There is nothing to be lucky about, there is a very simple process that costs zero to follow. You arrive at the airport with the appropriate visa if one is required. Your docs are checked before you are issued your boarding pass, go through security and get on the plane. Get off the other end and go through immigration with no hassles. In Delhi last time I was asked why I was using a different passport than last time I entered, one had tourist visa and one business visa, no problem. Perhaps it's because you have only ever been to France and they are a bunch of awkward bastards, venture out, you might have a different experience.
Nick if you travel as frequently as you do to so many different countries you will be monitored automatically as you will be flagged. It is standard procedure. I have not just been to France. The reason I don't get any problems is because I am aware of, and comply with the regulations. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 16, 2023, 12:31:53 PM
You have been lucky. (Also if you have been to 70 countries on a British passport I suspect you are being monitored by British "spooks.")
No, I haven't been lucky. There is nothing to be lucky about, there is a very simple process that costs zero to follow. You arrive at the airport with the appropriate visa if one is required. Your docs are checked before you are issued your boarding pass, go through security and get on the plane. Get off the other end and go through immigration with no hassles. In Delhi last time I was asked why I was using a different passport than last time I entered, one had tourist visa and one business visa, no problem. Perhaps it's because you have only ever been to France and they are a bunch of awkward bastards, venture out, you might have a different experience. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 16, 2023, 04:22:57 PM
Know what? I have not mentioned black people and where you have needs explaining.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on February 16, 2023, 03:34:35 PM
What has that got to do with anyone being black?  People who travel frequently to a multiplicity of countries raises red flags with most countries customs/immigration.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 16, 2023, 03:16:49 PM
I dont know he might be but you mentioned the Spooks 
What has that got to do with anyone being black?  People who travel frequently to a multiplicity of countries raises red flags with most countries customs/immigration.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on February 16, 2023, 03:00:48 PM
What black people? Is Nick black?
I dont know he might be but you mentioned the Spooks  

papasmurf

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on February 16, 2023, 12:31:53 PM
You have been lucky. (Also if you have been to 70 countries on a British passport I suspect you are being monitored by British "spooks.")
What have black people got to do with it ?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 16, 2023, 09:18:49 AM
And what am I could possibly fall foul of Paps? I've been to 70 countries and not had a single problem