Brexit turmoil hindered investment in the UK, minister concedes

Started by SKY News, February 15, 2023, 01:00:20 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on February 19, 2023, 02:53:38 PM
Yes I do, because I am not blinkered by being in thrall to the Tories.

You are blinkered by being a sad old dimwit who lacks either the intelligence or courage to accept that most official figures are bollocks. And as to who is getting richer fastest, I don't give a shit. In your mean spirited little world of low grade spite, that is probably a major consideration, but for the rest of us a rising tide lifts all boats
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 19, 2023, 01:21:58 PM
You believe these figures? 
Yes I do, because I am not blinkered by being in thrall to the Tories.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 19, 2023, 10:44:03 AM
Relevant:-

Why is the UK economy lagging behind the US, Germany and others? - BBC News

You believe these figures? The second biggest contributor to the EU leaves and it makes no difference? BS I say to that. If it's not seen in these figures it's either lies or not shown up yet. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on February 19, 2023, 10:44:03 AM
Relevant:-

Why is the UK economy lagging behind the US, Germany and others? - BBC News

Well I am OK. And SW is on the tools and there never was a poor brickie. And Nick seems to spend most of his time jetting around the world so if he isn't earning telephone numbers, he can't be far off.

Which leaves Pappy, who is letting the side down and dragging the UK down with him. Get off your backside Pappy. You can't spend all your life whining for subsidised whitewash that you can use to paint DOWN WITH THE TORIES AND OPEN THE SECOND FRONT NOW ! on the Labour exchange walls.
Algerie Francais !

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on February 19, 2023, 05:23:27 AM
The point being this desl went ahead even though we are not in the EU, therefore not being in the EU hadn't stopped this deal. So the OP stating Brexit is hampering big business deals is wrong.
Does the OP say Brexit is preventing ALL deals?   No

So your apparent position that if one big deal goes through then the OP is disproved is false.  It's a bit like saying a flat tyre on a car is no hindrance because it can still move. 

Like it or not our trade is being hindered by Brexit despite the inflation causing £ devaluation and investment is down, you and others may think that's a price worth paying but many do not.  Surely you accept the merits of the position are best discussed using true assertions   

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on February 18, 2023, 04:52:15 PM
But they only got the order because it's the only engine they could have after they chose the Airbus A350

So the whole deal was levered by the EU based company
The point being this desl went ahead even though we are not in the EU, therefore not being in the EU hadn't stopped this deal. So the OP stating Brexit is hampering big business deals is wrong. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on February 18, 2023, 11:11:10 AM
Yes, of course I do, that's what the A stands for, and some of the parts are made in the UK. None of which detracts from the fact that it's the first big order an Indian company has placed with Rolls Royce.
But they only got the order because it's the only engine they could have after they chose the Airbus A350 

So the whole deal was levered by the EU based company

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on February 18, 2023, 11:02:53 AM
You do know that the A350 is an Airbus product don't you? 
Yes, of course I do, that's what the A stands for, and some of the parts are made in the UK. None of which detracts from the fact that it's the first big order an Indian company has placed with Rolls Royce.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on February 18, 2023, 10:54:14 AM
It has nothing to do with the EU at all. Air India have bought A350's and the engine that goes with it is RR, Airbus has nothing to do with that deal.
You do know that the A350 is an Airbus product don't you?  

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on February 18, 2023, 10:08:53 AM
I didn't say through the EU.  I said levered by an order to an EU based company
It has nothing to do with the EU at all. Air India have bought A350's and the engine that goes with it is RR, Airbus has nothing to do with that deal.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on February 18, 2023, 05:04:41 AM
I'm not getting the bit where you're saying the Indian order came through the EU. The A350 is going up against the 787 and is the plane of choice for TATA. They ordered A350's knowing they'd be buying RR engines. How's this down to Airbus?
I didn't say through the EU.  I said levered by an order to an EU based company

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on February 17, 2023, 10:57:07 PM
AirBus

HQ in the Netherlands.  They apparently ordered their A350-900 and 1000 and as per your own post that effectively meant that they had to order the RR engines

As you put it:  ' the Trent XWB-97, which exclusively powers the Airbus A350-1000. Air India has also ordered 12 Trent XWB-84 engines, the sole engine option for the Airbus A350-900.'
I'm not getting the bit where you're saying the Indian order came through the EU. The A350 is going up against the 787 and is the plane of choice for TATA. They ordered A350's knowing they'd be buying RR engines. How's this down to Airbus?

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on February 17, 2023, 04:30:51 PM
Which EU company?
AirBus

HQ in the Netherlands.  They apparently ordered their A350-900 and 1000 and as per your own post that effectively meant that they had to order the RR engines

As you put it:  ' the Trent XWB-97, which exclusively powers the Airbus A350-1000. Air India has also ordered 12 Trent XWB-84 engines, the sole engine option for the Airbus A350-900.'

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on February 17, 2023, 03:04:02 PM
No it can't be down to Brexit because it's actually an order levered by orders to an EU based company

And your post as written with that 'India has ordered 12 RR engines in biggest order ever.' was effectively asserting it was the biggest RR order.

But I shouldn't have jumped in like I did so apologies.
Which EU company?