Help !Help ! here come the Bears

Started by Streetwalker, February 17, 2023, 06:16:01 AM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 17, 2023, 06:16:01 AM
You would have to be of a certain age :)

But yes are Bears  going to be next , maybe Lynx or Wolf  ?

The next rewilding project after the success of Sea Eagle and Beaver is to be the Wildcat

Dozens of wildcats set to be released into the English countryside for the first time in 500 years | Daily Mail Online

Locally , it may have also been in other areas , we have seen the reintroduction of the Red Kite . A magnificant bird of prey that can now be seen  daily soaring in the skies above the downlands to the south of London .

So what should be the  next rewilding project ?
Woolly mammoths recreated from DNA found in frozen corpses. 
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on February 17, 2023, 10:37:00 AM
Where I live there seems to be competition on the lines of I can get a bigger dog than yours. My neighbour's dog is 65 kilos in weight, and it isn't fat.
Yeah but your neighbour is Henry Baskerville
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on February 17, 2023, 10:33:18 AM. But these days all I see are pure breeds, which are well enough, but at the end of the day mostly toy dogs.
Where I live there seems to be competition on the lines of I can get a bigger dog than yours. My neighbour's dog is 65 kilos in weight, and it isn't fat.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

You would have to be of a certain age :)

The next rewilding project after the success of Sea Eagle and Beaver is to be the Wildcat

Dozens of wildcats set to be released into the English countryside for the first time in 500 years | Daily Mail Online

Locally , it may have also been in other areas , we have seen the reintroduction of the Red Kite . A magnificant bird of prey that can now be seen  daily soaring in the skies above the downlands to the south of London .

So what should be the  next rewilding project ?

I likke kites, although the ones we see tend to be less birds of prey than nature's vacuum cleaners. They (the kites, not the vacuum cleaners) eat anything.

What I would like to see are a few mongrels. When I was a lad dogs were let out of the house in the morning and pottered around the streets until dinner time. The result was a lot of ads in shop windows offering puppies to a good home and lots of delighted children. But these days all I see are pure breeds, which are well enough, but at the end of the day mostly toy dogs.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

I am all in favour of rewilding, it would hack off the right to roam types.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Who ever wrote the article needs to go back to school, 2 centuries is not 500 years and 60 isn't really measured in dozens. 
Apart from that very interesting, I hope they don't just end up squashed on the roads. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

You would have to be of a certain age :)

Locally , it may have also been in other areas , we have seen the reintroduction of the Red Kite . A magnificant bird of prey that can now be seen  daily soaring in the skies above the downlands to the south of London . 

So what should be the  next rewilding project ?