NI protocol

Started by GerryT, February 19, 2023, 01:41:42 PM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on March 05, 2023, 02:53:19 PM
Well funny you should ask, I do in fact, I hear on the grapevine they are a bit slow off the mark but are catching on fast.
No comment so

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on March 05, 2023, 02:27:37 PM
Very interesting.
Any comment on the current developments in NI
Well funny you should ask, I do in fact, I hear on the grapevine they are a bit slow off the mark but are catching on fast.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on March 05, 2023, 01:15:05 AM
Show your evidence the UK is worse.
I have numerous times. Your cognitive dissonance prevents you from accepting it.  Labour shortages are worse in the UK because of Brexit.

Brexit: UK immigration system found to contribute to labour shortages – EURACTIV.com

Labour shortages felt all over Europe – EURACTIV.com
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on March 05, 2023, 11:44:20 AM
I am feeling rather proud of the Irish of late, they are not taking this WEF bullshit lying down either. So it seems we have more in common than some would have us believe.
Very interesting.
Any comment on the current developments in NI

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on February 19, 2023, 01:41:42 PM
Being quite busy of late but thought I'd throw this out there, one of the thorney sides to Brexit is the NI situation, there's a lot of chatter lately that a improved version of the NI protocol has been, or is very close to being agreed. Details should be coming out next week but the suspected red/green lane is on the table, this being possible with the recent agreement on data sharing.
On the face of it, this would be a welcome improvement, but that depends on the detail, if there are spot checks on the green lane, will the DUP go nuts. What sort of checks will be present on trade NI to GB. WIll this only apply to commercial trade (HGV, Vans etc...) and how will this affect private cars, will they be subject to checks.

If this gets implemented, and NI has less friction trade but remains in the EU SM, how will Scotland or Wales feel about that. I sense a turbulent period ahead, it all depends on the details.
I am feeling rather proud of the Irish of late, they are not taking this WEF bullshit lying down either. So it seems we have more in common than some would have us believe. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on March 04, 2023, 01:07:58 PM
Nick, that you don't keep up with current affairs is not my problem. The government limiting the number of temporary workers coming in to the country is Brexit caused. There is getting on for a million shortage because of that.
Show your evidence the UK is worse. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on March 04, 2023, 02:10:27 PM
Borchester there is loads of evidence and it has been posted on this forum often. That both you and Nick are in denial off it because of Cognitive Dissonance is NOT my problem.  After the leave vote won a million EU citizens working in Britain departed back to the EU. That has left agriculture and associated business woefully short of workers, the care and hospitality industries short of workers and the Home Office refusing to grants anywhere enough visas to fill those vacancies.
The has been well publicised and debated in Parliament but zero has been done.
A lot stayed after the vote but went back home with covid and the lockdown situation across the world . If you have to stay indoors you may as well do it with your family than with two dozen labourers in a three bed house in Brixton . But immigration is up, a record up even  for non eu people so I dont suppose it will be long before they are joining in and doing the crap low paid jobs that nobody wants to do . 

UK net migration hits all-time record at 504,000 - BBC News

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on March 04, 2023, 02:10:27 PM
Borchester there is loads of evidence and it has been posted on this forum often. That both you and Nick are in denial off it because of Cognitive Dissonance is NOT my problem.  After the leave vote won a million EU citizens working in Britain departed back to the EU. That has left agriculture and associated business woefully short of workers, the care and hospitality industries short of workers and the Home Office refusing to grants anywhere enough visas to fill those vacancies.

There is also loads of evidence that you are a mean spirited, self obsessed and autistic nut.

The rest of the board indulges you because they are kind hearted folk, but I don't because I reckon that you a mean spirited, self obsessed and autistic nut.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on March 04, 2023, 01:42:57 PM
There isn't any evidence.

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on March 04, 2023, 12:54:03 PM
Where's the evidence? Show some data that proves the UK is worse than every other country.

There isn't any evidence.

Pappy is a troll who lives in a land without jobs or banks or restaurants or anything other than his own bleak misery.

Still, at least you are providing him with a forum Nick, so well done you :)

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on March 04, 2023, 12:54:03 PM
Where's the evidence? Show some data that proves the UK is worse than every other country.
Nick, that you don't keep up with current affairs is not my problem. The government limiting the number of temporary workers coming in to the country is Brexit caused. There is getting on for a million shortage because of that.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on March 03, 2023, 04:36:22 PM
Brexit has directly caused the labour shortage in Britain, making the shortage far worse than it needs to be.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on March 03, 2023, 04:30:33 PM
Put your straw away, after being shown that the majority of the world is suffering the same issues we are suffering you are now using the word exacerbate. Before it was Brexit has done XYZ. Either you stick to your belief that Brexit has caused a world labour shortage and inflation problem or you don't. Don't hide behind exacerbation.
Much of the world may be affected by similar issues to the UK, but their problems are not magnified by Brexit. You're the one who is desperately trying to not recognise the cause.

Don't hide behind the Johnson plea of ignorance...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on March 03, 2023, 04:30:33 PM
Put your straw away, after being shown that the majority of the world is suffering the same issues we are suffering you are now using the word exacerbate. Before it was Brexit has done XYZ. Either you stick to your belief that Brexit has caused a world labour shortage and inflation problem or you don't. Don't hide behind exacerbation.
Brexit has directly caused the labour shortage in Britain, making the shortage far worse than it needs to be.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on March 03, 2023, 10:42:21 AM
Driven or exacerbated. You appear to be letting love of Johnson cloud your reading as well as your reason...