NI protocol

Started by GerryT, February 19, 2023, 01:41:42 PM

« previous - next »

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Sheepy on March 09, 2023, 09:34:03 AM
LOL I told you so, diversionary from what is really happening in Ireland much.
Yes Streetwalker's bollox pretending the WA was written by remainers was diversionary.  Just a sad attempt to divert off the point that NI and the Good Friday Agreement were always going to be a big problem with Brexit and any sensible person always knew compromises would have to be made on the DUP's jihadist view of unionism. 

It was never credible to expect the EU to accept UK law to apply in the EU or force Ireland to tear up the Good Friday Agreement

Sheepy

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 09, 2023, 06:46:22 AM
Posting text from your links is now me making up shite ?  I think we are done here ,Ive better things to do than watch your tap dancing
LOL I told you so, diversionary from what is really happening in Ireland much.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 09, 2023, 06:41:48 AM
Shame ?  Jesus Posty no , I feel pride that years of campaigning led to us achieving the goal of a a vote on Europe . That we did enough to convince the electorate that we had a case for leaving . The problem was that the Tories took the riegns , a party that campaigned to remain made a crap deal with the EU . The blame and shame lays at the feet of the Tory party not those who campaigned to leave .
By the time Johnson took charge even if he would have done it better his hands were tied ,Parliamentary remainers had dug in ,the WA agreed and ,well we got a Brexit that was far removed from what it should have been

That not one eurosceptic MEP , people who knew the workings of Brussels , who personally knew the people who would be sitting on the other side of the table were not involved in the leaving process was a discrace . Had Camerons successor been a eurosceptic ,an enthusiastic leaver even  and not remainer May we would have left the EU earlier . May wanted to retain freedom of movement and single market membership which hampered the transition  and empowered extremists on all sides of the European debate leading to a deal that pleased nobody .

We have a duty , a duty to pass the freedoms inherited from our parents on to our children . We have a duty to keep our democracy intact , our nation soveriegn . EU Fedralism threatened that and I decided many years ago that I would do what I could to ensure it didn't happen on my watch .
And they will do the same with the Tories for not delivering them
Delusionary ^

The choice was leave without a deal and face UK economic disaster and a return to the Troubles or leave with a deal.  Deals mean each side accepts obligations that taken in isolation they might not like.  Adults accept this reality. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 09, 2023, 06:46:22 AM
Posting text from your links is now me making up shite ?  I think we are done here ,Ive better things to do than watch your tap dancing
I've detailed how you were making up shite, seems you intend to continue doing so.  How pathetic 

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 08, 2023, 08:57:55 PM
You are now just making up shite to try and cover your stupid error

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on March 08, 2023, 07:19:17 PM
So now we're being fed excuses as to why promises made that Brexit will make our lives better will never happen.

Don't you feel any shame?
Shame ?  Jesus Posty no , I feel pride that years of campaigning led to us achieving the goal of a a vote on Europe . That we did enough to convince the electorate that we had a case for leaving . The problem was that the Tories took the riegns , a party that campaigned to remain made a crap deal with the EU . The blame and shame lays at the feet of the Tory party not those who campaigned to leave .
By the time Johnson took charge even if he would have done it better his hands were tied ,Parliamentary remainers had dug in ,the WA agreed and ,well we got a Brexit that was far removed from what it should have been 

That not one eurosceptic MEP , people who knew the workings of Brussels , who personally knew the people who would be sitting on the other side of the table were not involved in the leaving process was a discrace . Had Camerons successor been a eurosceptic ,an enthusiastic leaver even  and not remainer May we would have left the EU earlier . May wanted to retain freedom of movement and single market membership which hampered the transition  and empowered extremists on all sides of the European debate leading to a deal that pleased nobody .

We have a duty , a duty to pass the freedoms inherited from our parents on to our children . We have a duty to keep our democracy intact , our nation soveriegn . EU Fedralism threatened that and I decided many years ago that I would do what I could to ensure it didn't happen on my watch .

Quote from: patman post on March 08, 2023, 07:19:17 PM
People threw aside generations of loyalty to Labour because of the benefits promised from Brexiters...
And they will do the same with the Tories for not delivering them 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 08, 2023, 11:08:45 AM
You should take your own advice .

The Main withdrawal agreement text
Only TWO articles in the main Withdrawal agreement (May/EU 2018 draft) text have changed AND THEY ARE MINOR

You seem confused about the WA (How we leave the EU ) the WAB (UK parliaments ratification of the WA) and the NI Protocol ,what Johnson changed in removing the backstop .

Changes to the NI protocol made by Johnson are NOT changes to the WA which is what you claimed .
You are now just making up shite to try and cover your stupid error

You posted:

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 06, 2023, 03:41:22 PM
If the people ruling this country were Brexiteer elite it would be a completly different story . The problem is they are remainers , the WA was written by remainers and slight variations of it signed by succesion of  remainers  . .

And I have given you official document after official document about the Withdrawal Agreement showing that to be untrue.  You are now dribbling on pretending the NI protocol isn't part of the WA.   Just reading the document and you will see it is part of the same document along with other embedded protocols for Cyprus bases and Gibraltar

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:12019W/TXT(02)&from=EN  

As for you ranting on about this imagined different WAB then you're wrong, here is the relevant Act of Parliament https://www.legislation.gov.uk/eut/withdrawal-agreement/contents/adopted  and guess what, those same protocols are also embedded in it.

Now if you need me to post in detail the major changes Boris and his leavers made in that Withdrawal Agreement then I can but it would be a lot simpler if you just admitted you were wrong and are wrong.

The WA we the UK  agreed is a Leave document written by Leavers, paranoically blaming it on some supposed Remain conspiracy is 

Nick

Quote from: patman post on March 08, 2023, 07:12:25 PM
So let's get this correct -  the UK has left the EU when it suits your argument, but it hasn't left when it gives you someone to blame when failing to deliver the promised benefits.

Right...
This is not my argument, it's fact. 
We're still being controlled by European courts and we still have EU fishing boats coming inside our 12 mile zone. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 08, 2023, 03:21:01 PM
With other factors to consider the brexit effect is merging into other reasons why things have not been going so well in recent years
If parliament , the government , civil service and media had got behind the wheel things may have gone better and the EU , covid , the War in Ukraine and fears of a world recession would have just been obsticles to get over .

A change of government however will see those obsticles become road blocks and it will be Brino , not Brexit.

Unfortunately  the government and all its servants were just not ready , dispite fair warning to carry out the process . They have proved to be usless at best in negotiating our passage through the exit door
So now we're being fed excuses as to why promises made that Brexit will make our lives better will never happen.

Don't you feel any shame?

People threw aside generations of loyalty to Labour because of the benefits promised from Brexiters...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Nick on March 08, 2023, 03:58:39 PM
And therein lies your misunderstanding. It's not what benefits we still get, it's the benefits and control the EU still has, therefore we haven't fully left yet.
So let's get this correct -  the UK has left the EU when it suits your argument, but it hasn't left when it gives you someone to blame when failing to deliver the promised benefits.

Right...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on March 08, 2023, 01:48:17 PM
Under the "Let's get Brexit done" win, Boris ensured  that the UK left the EU at 23.00 GMT on 31 January 2020.

Now, more than three years later, Brexiteers are claiming Brexit still isn't done. What are they judging that on — which of the benefits of membership of the EU can we still enjoy?

How has leaving (or not leaving) the EU benefited the UK by getting back it's supposed lost sovereignty, regaining control of its borders, and cutting back immigration?

And now we're free of EU rules and regulations on our own shores (apart from those we've decided are good and decided to keep), where are the benefits of Rees Mogg's promised cheaper food, or the oven ready deals, and forging our own way in the world?

How is Brexit (done, not done, or partly undone) helping the cost of living, reducing days lost due to industrial action, bringing better health care, keeping supermarket shelves stocked, or even making Britain a happier place?

So far, Brexit has proved one giant failure for the majority of British people and their displeasure is likely to be shown at the coming elections...
And therein lies your misunderstanding. It's not what benefits we still get, it's the benefits and control the EU still has, therefore we haven't fully left yet. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

So far, Brexit has proved one giant failure for the majority of British people and their displeasure is likely to be shown at the coming elections...
With other factors to consider the brexit effect is merging into other reasons why things have not been going so well in recent years 
If parliament , the government , civil service and media had got behind the wheel things may have gone better and the EU , covid , the War in Ukraine and fears of a world recession would have just been obsticles to get over .

A change of government however will see those obsticles become road blocks and it will be Brino , not Brexit.

Unfortunately  the government and all its servants were just not ready , dispite fair warning to carry out the process . They have proved to be usless at best in negotiating our passage through the exit door 

papasmurf

Brexiteers are claiming Brexit still isn't done. 
Not just Brexiteers, Brexit is still on about 25% done with a mass of loose ends and thinks the government should have done but have not.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Under the "Let's get Brexit done" win, Boris ensured  that the UK left the EU at 23.00 GMT on 31 January 2020.

Now, more than three years later, Brexiteers are claiming Brexit still isn't done. What are they judging that on — which of the benefits of membership of the EU can we still enjoy?

How has leaving (or not leaving) the EU benefited the UK by getting back it's supposed lost sovereignty, regaining control of its borders, and cutting back immigration?

And now we're free of EU rules and regulations on our own shores (apart from those we've decided are good and decided to keep), where are the benefits of Rees Mogg's promised cheaper food, or the oven ready deals, and forging our own way in the world?

How is Brexit (done, not done, or partly undone) helping the cost of living, reducing days lost due to industrial action, bringing better health care, keeping supermarket shelves stocked, or even making Britain a happier place?

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 08, 2023, 10:32:11 AM
Do read documents before you post bollox or at least ask why they're relevant. 
You should take your own advice .

The Main withdrawal agreement text 
Only TWO articles in the main Withdrawal agreement (May/EU 2018 draft) text have changed AND THEY ARE MINOR

You seem confused about the WA (How we leave the EU ) the WAB (UK parliaments ratification of the WA) and the NI Protocol ,what Johnson changed in removing the backstop .

Changes to the NI protocol made by Johnson are NOT changes to the WA which is what you claimed .