Assumption of being far right because of having concerns about migrant hotels.

Started by papasmurf, February 20, 2023, 04:02:04 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 20, 2023, 05:30:47 PM
You are making the same assumption as the media/press/politicians and tarring all those with legitimate concerns about hotels being used to house asylum seekers/illegal immigrants. To state that they are ALL far right nasty people is disgraceful.
At least GB News is on the case about it. Legitimate concerns are being suppressed/censored.
And you've just been given the opportunity to explain how you are showing your concern but as usual you just dodge the questioning. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on February 20, 2023, 05:23:50 PM
Do you really need me to make my points in reading age of 7 terms?  Your complete misrepresentation/misreading (you pick) certainly suggests so.   
You are making the same assumption as the media/press/politicians and tarring all those with legitimate concerns about hotels being used to house asylum seekers/illegal immigrants. To state that they are ALL far right nasty people is disgraceful.
At least GB News is on the case about it. Legitimate concerns are being suppressed/censored.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on February 20, 2023, 04:02:04 PM
The media/press/mainstream political parties appear to be assuming that anyone expressing concerns about hotels being used for migrants is a rabid racist right winger, and sometimes calling then that. This is leading to any comment expressing such legitimate concerns being censored/suppressed.
I personally have got fed up with being censored by the local  press. It is totally unacceptable.
Having suggested reasons for you being censored, I concede there are probably legitimate complainants (as well as the gullible) voicing their unhappiness at the number of hotel rooms being taken up by migrants waiting to be processed.

So what form are these "legitimate concerns" being expressed in, notes wrapped round bricks thrown through the windows of the  local council offices, letting down tyres on the bin lorries, contacting the local officials concerned with housing migrants?

Demonstrating directly at those in the accommodation seems pointless. It's those that are failing to provide the promised greater control of the UK's borders who are to blame...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on February 20, 2023, 05:12:36 PM
You are making exactly the same assumptions and the media/press/mainstream political parties.
Do you really need me to make my points in reading age of 7 terms?  Your complete misrepresentation/misreading (you pick) certainly suggests so.     

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on February 20, 2023, 05:09:24 PM
If it's unacceptable, do something about it.

Mind you, if your comments display the same lack of comprehension and politeness as you show in this medium, I'm surprised your IP address isn't automatically blocked...
I am doing something about it. I have expressed legitimate concerns about the issue as have many, many others.

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on February 20, 2023, 04:50:39 PM
No they haven't, do get real

Those joining or supporting demos outside such hotels with a barely hidden agenda of intimidating those inside would hardly be liberal left wing would they.  And it's those that are being called far right by the media, because they are.
You are making exactly the same assumptions and the media/press/mainstream political parties.

patman post

The media/press/mainstream political parties appear to be assuming that anyone expressing concerns about hotels being used for migrants is a rabid racist right winger, and sometimes calling then that. This is leading to any comment expressing such legitimate concerns being censored/suppressed.
I personally have got fed up with being censored by the local  press. It is totally unacceptable.
If it's unacceptable, do something about it.

Mind you, if your comments display the same lack of comprehension and politeness as you show in this medium, I'm surprised your IP address isn't automatically blocked...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Unlucky4Sum

No they haven't, do get real

Those joining or supporting demos outside such hotels with a barely hidden agenda of intimidating those inside would hardly be liberal left wing would they.  And it's those that are being called far right by the media, because they are.

papasmurf

The media/press/mainstream political parties appear to be assuming that anyone expressing concerns about hotels being used for migrants is a rabid racist right winger, and sometimes calling then that. This is leading to any comment expressing such legitimate concerns being censored/suppressed.
I personally have got fed up with being censored by the local  press. It is totally unacceptable.