Assumption of being far right because of having concerns about migrant hotels.

Started by papasmurf, February 20, 2023, 04:02:04 PM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

Quote from: papasmurf on February 20, 2023, 04:02:04 PM
The media/press/mainstream political parties appear to be assuming that anyone expressing concerns about hotels being used for migrants is a rabid racist right winger, and sometimes calling then that. This is leading to any comment expressing such legitimate concerns being censored/suppressed.
I personally have got fed up with being censored by the local  press. It is totally unacceptable.
Same here, I'm not right-wing or racist but I wonder how people going through the proper legal immigration processes feel about those trying to by-pass the system.

Having said that, we need to cater for the illegal immigrants in a humane way, many of them are victims of con-men.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 21, 2023, 06:43:44 AM
Well I would call myself right wing and your take on immigration is to the right of mine so what do you want to be called ?

Maybe an inverted winger ? 
My "take" on immigration is to do entirely with going over the long term sustainable human population carry capacity of Britain. It has zero to do with political persuasion.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on February 20, 2023, 08:16:25 PM
But you are calling me far right which I am not.
Well I would call myself right wing and your take on immigration is to the right of mine so what do you want to be called ?

Maybe an inverted winger ?   

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 20, 2023, 07:25:43 PM
I am NOT far right, being concerned about the population being beyond the long term sustainable carrying capacity is NOT far right or racist. (Are you calling David Attenborough racist?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiBzbY-Gz0o
No, he's a liar. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on February 20, 2023, 08:16:25 PM
But you are calling me far right which I am not.
You have admitted that you were calling for the compulsory deportation of spooks ans schwartzers 63 years ago.

If the cap fits Pappy.....:)

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on February 20, 2023, 07:25:43 PM
I am NOT far right, being concerned about the population being beyond the long term sustainable carrying capacity is NOT far right or racist. (Are you calling David Attenborough racist?)

No Im not , Im not calling you one either . 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 20, 2023, 07:18:36 PM
Oh your far right then  . Even the  looney tune Kippers thought some immigration was OK along with a fair asylum system

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on February 20, 2023, 06:54:15 PM
You really are joking I have been expressing concerns about immigration for 63 years, since I was aged 11 as well as frequently on this forum. Britain can in the long term sustainably support a human population carrying capacity of around 22 million. It went past that back around 1840. Any immigration is madness.
Oh your far right then  . Even the  looney tune Kippers thought some immigration was OK along with a fair asylum system 

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on February 20, 2023, 06:53:02 PM
You do know that being on a 'housing list' does not mean you are homeless don't you?  Seems not
Yes I do and far too much private rented housing where I live is unfit to keep animals in let alone humans.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 20, 2023, 06:33:19 PM
Its funny that you didnt have any concerns about mass immigration until its consequences found you down in Cornwall.

You really are joking I have been expressing concerns about immigration for 63 years, since I was aged 11 as well as frequently on this forum. Britain can in the long term sustainably support a human population carrying capacity of around 22 million. It went past that back around 1840. Any immigration is madness.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on February 20, 2023, 05:38:13 PM
You are doing the same as the media/press/politicians.  There is a mass of legitimate concerns and anger, at the asylum seekers being housed in hotels in areas, when local people cannot get house. (Nationally around a million on housing lists.) Homeless rough sleepers people around a quarter of whom are ex services suffering from PTSD are not being housed. A increasing number of people are being evicted using "no fault" evictions.
There are also a of other problems being caused by a lack of council housing/affordable private renting.
To just lump people with legitimate concerns in amongst a few seriously nasty people is a disgrace.
You do know that being on a 'housing list' does not mean you are homeless don't you?   Seems not

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on February 20, 2023, 05:14:54 PM
I am doing something about it. I have expressed legitimate concerns about the issue as have many, many others.
Its funny that you didnt have any concerns about mass immigration until its consequences found you down in Cornwall.

Ive had the same concerns for many years and have been called the same , if the cap fits ;)  Welcome to the right wing Pappa

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 20, 2023, 05:38:08 PM
And you've just been given the opportunity to explain how you are showing your concern but as usual you just dodge the questioning.
I am showing my concern and I am just one of many. Via MPs and complaints to newspaper editors and the media. As per usual raising what is a very serious subject on this forum  is a waste of time.

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on February 20, 2023, 05:26:15 PM
Having suggested reasons for you being censored, I concede there are probably legitimate complainants (as well as the gullible) voicing their unhappiness at the number of hotel rooms being taken up by migrants waiting to be processed.

So what form are these "legitimate concerns" being expressed in, notes wrapped round bricks thrown through the windows of the  local council offices, letting down tyres on the bin lorries, contacting the local officials concerned with housing migrants?

You are doing the same as the media/press/politicians.  There is a mass of legitimate concerns and anger, at the asylum seekers being housed in hotels in areas, when local people cannot get house. (Nationally around a million on housing lists.) Homeless rough sleepers people around a quarter of whom are ex services suffering from PTSD are not being housed. A increasing number of people are being evicted using "no fault" evictions. 
There are also a of other problems being caused by a lack of council housing/affordable private renting.
To just lump people with legitimate concerns in amongst a few seriously nasty people is a disgrace.