Kate Forbes says campaign to be first minister 'not over' after equal marriage backlash

Started by SKY News, February 22, 2023, 01:00:16 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on February 22, 2023, 12:20:07 PM
I'm not Scottish, I don't live or vote in Scotland, and I don't agree with her views on marriage as stated, but she was asked a question and answered truthfully with her opinion.

She can be argued with on this particular range of views, as much as any other, but I don't see she should be cancelled because of opinions that have already been voted on.

It's now up to the people who select the new SNP leader, to judge her on her full range of competences and make heir choices...

They will.

The way things are going the SNP membership will probably decide that she is smart enough, but lacks the competence to open her mouth without putting her foot in it.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

I'm not Scottish, I don't live or vote in Scotland, and I don't agree with her views on marriage as stated, but she was asked a question and answered truthfully with her opinion. 

She can be argued with on this particular range of views, as much as any other, but I don't see she should be cancelled because of opinions that have already been voted on.

It's now up to the people who select the new SNP leader, to judge her on her full range of competences and make heir choices...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

SKY News

Kate Forbes says campaign to be first minister 'not over' after equal marriage backlash

SNP leadership candidate Kate Forbes has said her campaign to replace Nicola Sturgeon is "absolutely not over" despite a backlash on her equal marriage views.

Source: Kate Forbes says campaign to be first minister 'not over' after equal marriage backlash