Your not British

Started by Streetwalker, February 22, 2023, 03:34:32 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: patman post on February 22, 2023, 07:49:08 PM
My view is that Right Wing fantasy fanaticism shouldn't run this country.

But I believe she should stand trial for any crimes of which she is accused and punished according to law for any crimes of which she is found guilty.

Vigilante retribution never looks good for countries endeavouring to claim the morale high ground and promote itself as a civilised state. This is particularly true for the UK as it endeavours to claw itself out of the economic abyss its immature judgement on what being a sovereign state means.

Other countries — some of them Commonwealth — must be having to deal with similar situations. What are they doing, and would they make of the UK's gulag outsourcing approach...?
Ah, when you don't agree with the outcome it's fanaticism? She has had her day in court and lost, what part of that do you not get? Again, do any of you have information that the security services don't have? 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Sheepy on February 22, 2023, 09:58:28 PM
Pats usual old bollocks, it is a matter of principle because it was made plain before any of them went, that they would have no road back.
It was?

Go on then show us the government statement to that effect.  This should be amusing.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on February 22, 2023, 08:00:20 PM
My comments have nothing to do with revoking citizenship, it's the liberal snowflake attitude to giving no hopers a second chance.
Are you PS in disguise? You are saying you know more about it than the security forces, with all due respect jock, I think not.
No I am not 'PS in disguise'  don't be childish

Feel free to show where I posted I 'know more than the security forces' .   My point is tawdry newspapers citing 'security sources' (which may or may not be the same as security forces) could be making up any old shite to suit their means.  And we know that from Iraq that 'security sources' will not be objective about determining views they place on record to influence others actions.

Unpleasant as it may be she is British.  Our shit and we shouldn't expect others to deal with our shit.  

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 22, 2023, 07:35:11 PM
There have been a reported over 400 people allowed back into the UK who went to Syria to support Isis is various ways . About 100 have had their British citizenship revoked .

(I wonder why that might be ?)

Allowing Begum back into the UK would open the door to all the others to make appeals which is why even if she is not a direct threat herself becomes a security issue as the others would have case law to refer to . Best to just back the Home secretary and save all the hassle
Acting as a rogue state that doesn't obey its own law and international conventions it has signed up to will be even more damaging

Yes those that had dual citizenship have had their British citizenship revoked, that's within UK law and those conventions.  She doesn't and didn't have dual citizenship.  Javid got it wrong, he was misadvised and didn't challenge the advice.

Sheepy

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 22, 2023, 07:35:11 PM
There have been a reported over 400 people allowed back into the UK who went to Syria to support Isis is various ways . About 100 have had their British citizenship revoked .

Allowing Begum back into the UK would open the door to all the others to make appeals which is why even if she is not a direct threat herself becomes a security issue as the others would have case law to refer to . Best to just back the Home secretary and save all the hassle

Do you believe for one minute if IS had won in Syria she would be wearing a baseball cap and playing to lawyers in Western fashion? not a hope in hell.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on February 22, 2023, 07:49:08 PM
My view is that Right Wing fantasy fanaticism shouldn't run this country.

But I believe she should stand trial for any crimes of which she is accused and punished according to law for any crimes of which she is found guilty.

Vigilante retribution never looks good for countries endeavouring to claim the morale high ground and promote itself as a civilised state. This is particularly true for the UK as it endeavours to claw itself out of the economic abyss its immature judgement on what being a sovereign state means.

Other countries — some of them Commonwealth — must be having to deal with similar situations. What are they doing, and would they make of the UK's gulag outsourcing approach...?

Pats usual old bollocks, it is a matter of principle because it was made plain before any of them went, that they would have no road back. They made their bed for their beliefs and were given fair warning. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on February 22, 2023, 07:13:16 PM
So please show us where you have argued that 'the killers of Jamie Bulger' should have their citizenship revoked?  If you can't then you are not being consistent. 

You do that you've fallen for a load of allegations from 'they would say that wouldn't they' so called security sources who are apparently not convinced their allegations would stand up in a real court.  I wonder why that might be.
My comments have nothing to do with revoking citizenship, it's the liberal snowflake attitude to giving no hopers a second chance. 
Are you PS in disguise? You are saying you know more about it than the security forces, with all due respect jock, I think not. 

patman post

Quote from: Nick on February 22, 2023, 06:58:54 PM
She has been deemed a threat to National Security, and as uncomfortable as you find it PP, snap her neck is what I say, or stick her in a room with the parents of our young boys that were executed by her friends and let her fight for her rights to exist. I tell you now, if I were one of the parents her life would be extinguished in a very slow process, but I would enjoy every minute. But I'm not a limp wristed liberal that is happy to forgive such grotesque acts of violence. Shall we forgive the vile and evil acts of the killers of Jamie Bulger, one of whom has continued to a serial paedophile and god knows what. These people only exist to repeat their crimes, and anyone who advocates giving these beast a second chance should gang their head.
My view is that Right Wing fantasy fanaticism shouldn't run this country.

Vigilante retribution never looks good for countries endeavouring to claim the morale high ground and promote itself as a civilised state. This is particularly true for the UK as it endeavours to claw itself out of the economic abyss its immature judgement on what being a sovereign state means.

Other countries — some of them Commonwealth — must be having to deal with similar situations. What are they doing, and would they make of the UK's gulag outsourcing approach...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on February 22, 2023, 07:13:16 PM

You do that you've fallen for a load of allegations from 'they would say that wouldn't they' so called security sources who are apparently not convinced their allegations would stand up in a real court.  

Allowing Begum back into the UK would open the door to all the others to make appeals which is why even if she is not a direct threat herself becomes a security issue as the others would have case law to refer to  . Best to just back the Home secretary and save all the hassle 

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 22, 2023, 06:08:55 PM
She would have a longer life expectancy in Syria than New Addington That she or others say she was groomed doesn't wash with me . Everything she has said and done points to her being a willing participant in joining the murdering cult of Isis.

The thought did cross my mind as well :)
Algerie Francais !

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on February 22, 2023, 06:58:54 PM
She has been deemed a threat to National Security, and as uncomfortable as you find it PP, snap her neck is what I say, or stick her in a room with the parents of our young boys that were executed by her friends and let her fight for her rights to exist. I tell you now, if I were one of the parents her life would be extinguished in a very slow process, but I would enjoy every minute. But I'm not a limp wristed liberal that is happy to forgive such grotesque acts of violence. Shall we forgive the vile and evil acts of the killers of Jamie Bulger, one of whom has continued to a serial paedophile and god knows what. These people only exist to repeat their crimes, and anyone who advocates giving these beast a second chance should gang their head.
So please show us where you have argued that 'the killers of Jamie Bulger' should have their citizenship revoked?  If you can't then you are not being consistent.  

You do that you've fallen for a load of allegations from 'they would say that wouldn't they' so called security sources who are apparently not convinced their allegations would stand up in a real court.  I wonder why that might be.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on February 22, 2023, 04:16:22 PM
Uncomfortable though it might be, I think she should be brought back to the UK in custody to face trial. All the info on her wrongdoing — and any involvement or slip ups of British security services — can then be aired.

Reading the link, there appears to be enough in the judge's reported comments for the Home Sec to be asked to reverse the decision.

She was 15 when she left. Other 15-year-olds get sympathy when they're groomed, even though some return time and time again to their abusers — apparently willingly.

She'll be found guilty at her trial — we know this because the Home Sec says she is guilty — but we should be told what she's guilty of that makes her so dangerous...
She has been deemed a threat to National Security, and as uncomfortable as you find it PP, snap her neck is what I say, or stick her in a room with the parents of our young boys that were executed by her friends and let her fight for her rights to exist. I tell you now, if I were one of the parents her life would be extinguished in a very slow process, but I would enjoy every minute. But I'm not a limp wristed liberal that is happy to forgive such grotesque acts of violence. Shall we forgive the vile and evil acts of the killers of Jamie Bulger, one of whom has continued to a serial paedophile and god knows what. These people only exist to repeat their crimes, and anyone who advocates giving these beast a second chance should gang their head. 

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on February 22, 2023, 04:10:34 PM
She seems a nasty piece of work, but she was only a kid at the time and has already lost three of her children so I reckon that she has been punished enough.

Let her back into the UK and house her on the New Addington estate where she should fit in well.:)
The fact that she has spat out 3 children, that have died is immaterial. 
The fact that she spoke about people being beheaded and their heads being in a bin, not batting an eyelid speaks volumes. 

Unlucky4Sum

Uncomfortable though it might be, I think she should be brought back to the UK in custody to face trial. All the info on her wrongdoing — and any involvement or slip ups of British security services — can then be aired.

Reading the link, there appears to be enough in the judge's reported comments for the Home Sec to be asked to reverse the decision.

She was 15 when she left. Other 15-year-olds get sympathy when they're groomed, even though some return time and time again to their abusers — apparently willingly.

She'll be found guilty at her trial — we know this because the Home Sec says she is guilty — but we should be told what she's guilty of that makes her so dangerous...
Exactly she is our problem and if the charges are proved we can jail her for life with no parole.

Instead we are now just providing a gift horse to the far extremes of Islamic terrorism and risking becoming a pariah state.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on February 22, 2023, 04:10:34 PM
She seems a nasty piece of work, but she was only a kid at the time and has already lost three of her children so I reckon that she has been punished enough.

Let her back into the UK and house her on the New Addington estate where she should fit in well.:)
She would have a longer life expectancy in Syria than New Addington 

That she or others say she was groomed doesn't wash with me . Everything she has said and done points to her being a willing participant in joining the murdering cult of Isis.

Bringing her back would cost the taxpayer millions in court costs , housing costs and the probable benefits that she would be on for the rest of her life . She would contribute nothing to the UK but cheap newspaper headlines