Your not British

Started by Streetwalker, February 22, 2023, 03:34:32 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: HDQQ on February 23, 2023, 04:28:47 PM
She is a sort of perpetual victim. Firstly she's a victim of her own stupid decision when she was 15, secondly she's a victim of Islamic State and of all the problems arising from joining them. For a long time I agreed she shouldn't be allowed back here, but it'll soon be 10 years since she made her fateful mistake and as long as she genuinely repents what she did, she should be allowed back by 2025.
I am guessing Ducky, you couldn't careless about the victims of her mindset, or just the ones who have survived them here in the UK? 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

HDQQ

She is a sort of perpetual victim. Firstly she's a victim of her own stupid decision when she was 15, secondly she's a victim of Islamic State and of all the problems arising from joining them. For a long time I agreed she shouldn't be allowed back here, but it'll soon be 10 years since she made her fateful mistake and as long as she genuinely repents what she did, she should be allowed back by 2025.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on February 23, 2023, 02:39:53 PM
You sure?

From 2019 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47312207

'Shamima Begum is not a Bangladeshi citizen and there is "no question" of her being allowed into the country, Bangladesh's ministry of foreign affairs has said.'

Yes very .  According to the law (citizen act 1951) in Bangladesh anyone born to at least one Bangladeshi parent (she has 2) is considered a Bangladeshi citizen . 

Bangladesh - Dual Citizenship (dualcitizenshipreport.org)

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on February 23, 2023, 02:45:59 PM
Her husband is Dutch, she can get refused from there as well. Hat trick lol
Funny how suddenly she is the poor hard done by type and anyone who says different is a fanatic.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on February 23, 2023, 02:45:59 PM
her so called marriage wasn't legal and in any event he's long dead

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on February 23, 2023, 02:39:53 PM
You sure?

From 2019 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47312207

'Shamima Begum is not a Bangladeshi citizen and there is "no question" of her being allowed into the country, Bangladesh's ministry of foreign affairs has said.'

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 23, 2023, 11:37:16 AM
No , Bangladesh said she had not applied not that she couldn't .  Her Father is Bangladeshi , I cant think of any country in the world that would deny citizenship to a citizens daughter 
You sure?

From 2019 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47312207

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on February 23, 2023, 10:43:47 AM
Untrue

Javid's case was she could have applied for Bangladesh citizenship.  Bangladesh said that was untrue.
No , Bangladesh said she had not applied not that she couldn't .  Her Father is Bangladeshi , I cant think of any country in the world that would deny citizenship to a citizens daughter  

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: patman post on February 23, 2023, 10:13:13 AM
No. I reckon spouting off views that have been spoon fed to further populist views to be fanaticism.

She has not had her day in court over whatever she may/could be charged with. In fact, that is the point, she is being kept out of court where she could face charges.

How would we know if we have info the security services don't have? We don't even know what info the security services have that she could be charged with.

I distrust the moves to turn her into the victim. She was five years over the age of criminal responsibility when she left the UK, and should be treated as a criminal.

But I also distrust the motives behind the blanking out of info the security services have on her culpability and what they did or did not know about her activities before and during her leaving the UK.

I believe she should be charged and tried and serve any punishment in the UK...

PS — even if she is also Bangladeshi, that country has said she would be executed if she went to that country. But the UK does not deport or repatriate people to countries where they face the death penalty...

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on February 23, 2023, 05:18:35 AM
She did have dual nationality otherwise the UK would not have been allowed to revoke her UK citizenship. It is against international law to leave anyone stateless, and she lost her court case about being stateless 3 years ago because she has Bangladeshi nationality so you're wrong. The fact they also don't want her is an entirely different argument, but she is not stateless. A bit of lead in her ear will soon sort her out.
Untrue

Javid's case was she could have applied for Bangladesh citizenship.  Bangladesh said that was untrue.

papasmurf

Frankly given the number of seriously dangerous people free to roam Britain without let or hinderance I have to ponder why all the fuss about one woman the security services will not make public why she is so considered by them to be so dangerous.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: Nick on February 23, 2023, 05:06:42 AM
Ah, when you don't agree with the outcome it's fanaticism? She has had her day in court and lost, what part of that do you not get? Again, do any of you have information that the security services don't have?
No. I reckon spouting off views that have been spoon fed to further populist views to be fanaticism.

She has not had her day in court over whatever she may/could be charged with. In fact, that is the point, she is being kept out of court where she could face charges.

How would we know if we have info the security services don't have? We don't even know what info the security services have that she could be charged with.

I distrust the moves to turn her into the victim. She was five years over the age of criminal responsibility when she left the UK, and should be treated as a criminal.

But I also distrust the motives behind the blanking out of info the security services have on her culpability and what they did or did not know about her activities before and during her leaving the UK.

I believe she should be charged and tried and serve any punishment in the UK...

PS — even if she is also Bangladeshi, that country has said she would be executed if she went to that country. But the UK does not deport or repatriate people to countries where they face the death penalty...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on February 23, 2023, 12:19:30 AM
It was?

Go on then show us the government statement to that effect.  This should be amusing.
All over the news she cannot return Einstein. By the way she is the fanatic which it seems makes you one as well. 

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on February 23, 2023, 12:10:41 AM
Acting as a rogue state that doesn't obey its own law and international conventions it has signed up to will be even more damaging

Yes those that had dual citizenship have had their British citizenship revoked, that's within UK law and those conventions.  She doesn't and didn't have dual citizenship.  Javid got it wrong, he was misadvised and didn't challenge the advice.
Just because she doesn't hold a Bangladeshi passport doesn't mean she is not a dual national ,indeed under Bangladeshi law she IS a dual national as her father is Bangladeshi , he lives in that country . The reason they also disown her is because they have a zero tolerance to extremists and members of terrorist organisations .

The court ruling does set a precedent that children of foriegn nationals who commit crimes or in the eyes of the Home secretary pose a threat can be excluded from the UK .

Sounds good to me . 

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on February 23, 2023, 12:10:41 AM
Acting as a rogue state that doesn't obey its own law and international conventions it has signed up to will be even more damaging

Yes those that had dual citizenship have had their British citizenship revoked, that's within UK law and those conventions.  She doesn't and didn't have dual citizenship.  Javid got it wrong, he was misadvised and didn't challenge the advice.
She did have dual nationality otherwise the UK would not have been allowed to revoke her UK citizenship. It is against international law to leave anyone stateless, and she lost her court case about being stateless 3 years ago because she has Bangladeshi nationality so you're wrong. The fact they also don't want her is an entirely different argument, but she is not stateless. A bit of lead in her ear will soon sort her out. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.