Equal pay my Arse-nal

Started by Nick, February 23, 2023, 08:05:36 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on February 24, 2023, 11:05:02 AM
Actually Mrs U4S and I did go see it (both mens and womens games in same session) at the London Olympics.  That's how I know about the net height.  If the thousands there only wanted to go see women in little clothing I'm sure there were much cheaper and more salacious options

But to your serious point:  so many of the goals are caused/contributed to by the goalkeepers staying much closer to their line than you see in mens football.  But then I'm not an avid watcher of women's football so can't say I've done a detail study.

Bigger goals would just take football down the basketball line which is probably why the USA did once suggest it.   
They also suggest being allowed to score with your hand from a corner, the septics love a nil nil draw... NOT
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 24, 2023, 06:22:32 AM
I don't think the guys who went to London Olympics match gave a hoot about the hieght of the net ;)That would cause problems at grassroots level where pitches are used by eveyone , kids women and men . Best leave them as they are .
From what Ive seen of the girls game being lobbed is the last of their worries ,besides how does making the goal smaller resulting in less goals make it more entertaining ?  There was discussion a few years back of making the goals bigger to increase goals and entertainment .

Maybe the women could play on Hockey pitches , they could use a smaller ball and they may as well take some sticks with them while they are at it . Now thats a good sport for girls .
Actually Mrs U4S and I did go see it (both mens and womens games in same session) at the London Olympics.  That's how I know about the net height.  If the thousands there only wanted to go see women in little clothing I'm sure there were much cheaper and more salacious options

But to your serious point:  so many of the goals are caused/contributed to by the goalkeepers staying much closer to their line than you see in mens football.  But then I'm not an avid watcher of women's football so can't say I've done a detail study.

Bigger goals would just take football down the basketball line which is probably why the USA did once suggest it.    

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 24, 2023, 12:34:17 AM
So why is that ? I'm not acquainted with the game but i assume this is because women are on average not as tall as men so it would make sense for that reason to have a lower net height.
Yep

So same could apply to football but of course it never will 

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 24, 2023, 12:34:17 AM
So why is that ? I'm not acquainted with the game but i assume this is because women are on average not as tall as men so it would make sense for that reason to have a lower net height.
John it is because the women wear very little in the way of clothing.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on February 23, 2023, 10:29:32 PM
One of the things in Beach volleyball is the net is not the same height for women's matches.  
I don't think the guys who went to London Olympics match gave a hoot about the hieght of the net ;)
 Maybe if they lowered the crossbar for women's football it'd make a difference to the entertainment
That would cause problems at grassroots level where pitches are used by eveyone , kids women and men . Best leave them as they are . 
From what Ive seen of the girls game being lobbed is the last of their worries ,besides how does making the goal smaller resulting in less goals make it more entertaining ?  There was discussion a few years back of making the goals bigger to increase goals and entertainment .

Maybe the women could play on Hockey pitches , they could use a smaller ball and they may as well take some sticks with them while they are at it . Now thats a good sport for girls .

johnofgwent

One of the things in Beach volleyball is the net is not the same height for women's matches. 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 23, 2023, 03:35:00 PM
Beach vollyball for me , Brazil v Sweden is always a classic 8)
One of the things in Beach volleyball is the net is not the same height for women's matches.  Maybe if they lowered the crossbar for women's football it'd make a difference to the entertainment 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 23, 2023, 06:24:30 PM
Why is because of your misogynistic attitude. This is just one of many forums I use and follow, I am not au fait with several thousand peoples marital or otherwise status.
My misogynistic attitude? The fact that I don't think women should be paid the same as men for doing 40% less makes me a misogynist? So the fact you don't have any children or understand that makes you an autistic jafa? You want to bracket me, I'll do the same. Wimbledon women's final 2022 watched by 3.1 million, men's final was watched by 5.5 million. Good job you don't run a business, the money makers would be well pissed off with you paying the slackers top dollar. 
BTW, I've been married a long time and have 4 children, 3 girls. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 23, 2023, 05:51:41 PM
Why? What has maths hot to do with whether I have a wife?
If you paid attention to what is going on on this forum you would know the answer to that already.
Why is because of your misogynistic attitude. This is just one of many forums I use and follow, I am not au fait with several thousand peoples marital or otherwise status.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 23, 2023, 03:19:03 PM
Nick I have to ask, have you got a wife or girlfriend? (Serious question by the way.)
Why? What has maths hot to do with whether I have a wife?
If you paid attention to what is going on on this forum you would know the answer to that already. 

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on February 23, 2023, 02:44:45 PM
Some women's sports do work as a spectacle, tennis is the best example but women's football does look so poor in comparison with even lower league men's football. 
Beach vollyball for me , Brazil v Sweden is always a classic 8)

patman post

Quote from: Nick on February 23, 2023, 03:13:04 PM
Even in Tennis they want equal pay, they only play 3 sets so give them 60%.
Surely, the main pay parameter is the paying crowd they can draw?

Emma Raducanu isn't fairing that well after her initial promise (UK ranking No1, world 81), but I wouldn't be surprised if she's able to draw as big a crowd as Cameron Norrie (UK No1, world 13)...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Unlucky4Sum

Have you ever been to watch top tennis?  IMHO the women's game is a better watch and with the modern long rallies those 5 setters are destructive to the spectacle.

papasmurf

Nick I have to ask, have you got a wife or girlfriend? (Serious question by the way.)

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on February 23, 2023, 02:44:45 PM
It just doesn't work does it.  IMHO it's much down to the size of the goals and the relatively shorter size of women so it makes goal scoring easier.

Some women's sports do work as a spectacle, tennis is the best example but women's football does look so poor in comparison with even lower league men's football.