Bank and Building Society branch closures.

Started by papasmurf, February 28, 2023, 11:11:53 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 03, 2023, 08:35:01 AM
Oh do read what I actually posted

BT and other ISPs use changing IP addresses that are often indicating a location many miles away from the actual user's location.  I was asking you to google that fact.

And you have no right to publish an IP location - read your own rule 3.12
Quite, it is the 2nd time Nick has ignored regulations in an unforgivable way.  (In any case when I put "use my location" on websites, they are usually many miles away from my actual location. Unless you have a friend who works at GCHQ it is most unlikely  you can trace an exact location.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on March 03, 2023, 05:21:28 AM
I don't use google for IP addressed, I used it to see the location of ATM's.
As for privacy, PS has mentioned many times where he lives, he's even out photos of himself on here.
Oh do read what I actually posted

BT and other ISPs use changing IP addresses that are often indicating a location many miles away from the actual user's location.  I was asking you to google that fact.

And you have no right to publish an IP location - read your own rule 3.12

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 02, 2023, 10:13:21 PM
More like Nick was using an IP position which are often wrong and then using as the crow flies distances.  Roads don't work that way in Cornwall, they don't work that way in many places.
Quite, straight point to point distances don't work here. (As many hikers and tourists find out.)

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on March 03, 2023, 05:12:59 AM
And the Tesco / Sainsbury? I suppose they have closed have they?
They are ten miles away.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on March 03, 2023, 05:17:21 AM
He's told everyone a million times he lives in Helston, 
I don't live in Helston and have NEVER stated I do. Helston is the nearest town 10 miles away.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on March 03, 2023, 05:21:28 AM
As for privacy, PS has mentioned many times where he lives, he's even out photos of himself on here.
The location of ATMs is years in some cases decades out of date.  I repeat the nearest ATMs to me are 10 or more miles away.
If you are ever on holiday in the area and use Google to find an ATM you are in for a shock. Also the nearest bank and building society branches are 25 miles away.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 02, 2023, 10:11:05 PM
Well you're no messiah then in fact you're a very naughty boy
;D
To be fair the authorities have put a spanner in the works and the VPN streaming has become a bit hit and miss . The more recent pre loaded sticks work better ,apparentley . Not that I would ever thing of having one of course . 

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 02, 2023, 05:15:36 PM
So not only have you no regard for someone's privacy you appear to know nothing about IP addresses

Mine right now places me over 50 miles from where I actually am.  Google BT IP addresses for an explanation
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 02, 2023, 10:13:21 PM
More like Nick was using an IP position which are often wrong and then using as the crow flies distances.  Roads don't work that way in Cornwall, they don't work that way in many places.
He's told everyone a million times he lives in Helston, my IP is not wrong. I can see who uses a VPN, which one, which mobile phone or ISP they use. I even store every IP address a user has ever had and the system tells me members that have used the same IP and are therefore using duplicate names.  

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on March 02, 2023, 07:35:10 PM
Nick there has not been access to an ATM nearer than 10 miles for decades. Google maps is a very long way out of date. Also Google search is out of date by a long time. It is showing an ATM near me in a shop that closed down years ago.
And the Tesco / Sainsbury? I suppose they have closed have they?

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Borchester on March 02, 2023, 09:19:09 PM
Understandable mistake.

Nick was using the Google maps for the Earth. Pappy uses the ones for planet Zog

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 02, 2023, 08:54:58 PM
 . . . I do occasionally use a VPN for the footy though which puts me on the other side of the world
Well you're no messiah then in fact you're a very naughty boy 

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on March 02, 2023, 07:35:10 PM
Nick there has not been access to an ATM nearer than 10 miles for decades. Google maps is a very long way out of date. Also Google search is out of date by a long time. It is showing an ATM near me in a shop that closed down years ago.
Understandable mistake.

Nick was using the Google maps for the Earth. Pappy uses the ones for planet Zog

Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 02, 2023, 05:15:36 PM
So not only have you no regard for someone's privacy you appear to know nothing about IP addresses

Mine right now places me over 50 miles from where I actually am.  Google BT IP addresses for an explanation
Mine is normally about 5 miles away but I'm not normally trying to hide so its no problem . I do occasionally use a VPN for the footy though which puts me on the other side of the world 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on March 02, 2023, 07:25:28 PM
Ah, so not only is everyone on this forum wrong, Google maps is wrong as well.
You really are the gift that keeps giving.