St David’s day — who noticed?

Started by patman post, March 02, 2023, 02:20:25 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on March 03, 2023, 10:46:05 AM
Let me guess — you place a tiddly oggy on the ground and all do the Can Can round it...
I don't do anything I am not Cornish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgPb6vs9HTA
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on March 03, 2023, 09:25:42 AM
Sun, Mar 5, 2023 is St Piran's Day.
Saint Piran's Day (Cornish: Gool Peran), or the Feast of Saint Piran, is the national day of Cornwall,[1] held on 5 March every year. The day is named after one of the patron saints of Cornwall, Saint Piran, who is also the patron saint of tin miners.
Let me guess — you place a tiddly oggy on the ground and all do the Can Can round it...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on March 03, 2023, 09:21:01 AM
The irish are legendary pissheads, the welsh sober chapel goers ??
Sun, Mar 5, 2023 is St Piran's Day. 
Saint Piran's Day (Cornish: Gool Peran), or the Feast of Saint Piran, is the national day of Cornwall,[1] held on 5 March every year. The day is named after one of the patron saints of Cornwall, Saint Piran, who is also the patron saint of tin miners.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on March 02, 2023, 02:20:25 PM
Sheffield City Council apologises after flying wrong flag on St David's Day

The local authority later replaced the blue and white St Andrew's Cross with the correct one on its town hall flagpole, but this is not the first time Sheffield City Council has made a flag blunder.

news.sky.com/story/sheffield-city-council-apologises-after-flying-wrong-flag-on-st-davids-day-12823427

Can't say I noticed it was st David's day yesterday. And the Sheffield Council flag fliers might be a bit thick.

But when it comes to St Patrick, the celebrations appear to take place around the world.

Why...?
The irish are legendary pissheads, the welsh sober chapel goers ??
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on March 03, 2023, 05:46:45 AM
Countless times a Septic has told me they've Irish descends but are then unable to say what the relation was was, let alone a name. Even sleepy Joe harps back to Irish roots, but I believe this goes back almost 200 years.
I was in SLC a few years back and they had a Paddy's night, I refused to give a tip to the band that were playing, they asked why so I pointed out that they were wearing Scottish Tartan and were playing Scottish bagpipes.
;D  

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 02, 2023, 08:47:11 PM
Why is because everyone ,well nearly everyone has an Irish great granny so its rude not to get on the beer and join in the biggest piss up of the year

The Welsh were maybe not so randy in the past and prefered sheep to women anyway so there are not a lot of us with Welsh blood .
Having said that they did have a few bottles of Welsh IPA in the fridge down the club on offer for anyone prepared to put Tom Jones on the jukebox so its not as if it went unnoticed , its just that nobody cared after 20 plays of Diliah
Countless times a Septic has told me they've Irish descends but are then unable to say what the relation was was, let alone a name. Even sleepy Joe harps back to Irish roots, but I believe this goes back almost 200 years. 
I was in SLC a few years back and they had a Paddy's night, I refused to give a tip to the band that were playing, they asked why so I pointed out that they were wearing Scottish Tartan and were playing Scottish bagpipes. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on March 02, 2023, 02:20:25 PM

The local authority later replaced the blue and white St Andrew's Cross with the correct one on its town hall flagpole, but this is not the first time Sheffield City Council has made a flag blunder.

news.sky.com/story/sheffield-city-council-apologises-after-flying-wrong-flag-on-st-davids-day-12823427

Can't say I noticed it was st David's day yesterday. And the Sheffield Council flag fliers might be a bit thick.

But when it comes to St Patrick, the celebrations appear to take place around the world.

Why...?
Why is because everyone ,well nearly everyone has an Irish great granny so its rude not to get on the beer and join in the biggest piss up of the year 

The Welsh were maybe not so randy in the past and prefered sheep to women anyway so there are not a lot of us with Welsh blood . 
Having said that they did have a few bottles of Welsh IPA in the fridge down the club on offer for anyone prepared to put Tom Jones on the jukebox so its not as if it went unnoticed , its just that nobody cared after 20 plays of Diliah 

patman post

Can't say I noticed it was st David's day yesterday. And the Sheffield Council flag fliers might be a bit thick. 

Why...?

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...