Sales staff up by 10% in one year!!!

Started by patman post, March 06, 2023, 02:14:36 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 07, 2023, 03:21:27 PM
With apparently a million or so jobs to be filled in various sectors there realy is no reason anyones going to stand outside a supermarket all day for any other reason than to collect the associated benefit package .  Its a scam .

Stop the sales of it and what do you think will happen ?
1  The sellers will sleep in a doorway and rely on the goodwill of passers by
2  The sellers will without the benefit package sod off back to Romania / Albania / who cares
3 Get a job

I'll give you a clue , its not 1
Please explain what is the scam? ( Scam an illegal plan for making money, especially one that involves tricking people.)

Where is the scam involving ALL of the Big Issue organisation?

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on March 07, 2023, 12:42:48 PM
Why scam? The Big Issue is a legitimate publication that's produced and distributed on a legitimate business model but with the additional purpose of providing work and income to the poorest and disadvantaged in the country.

The reason for its recent growth is the increasing number of people falling into severe debt and hardship because of the UK's current economic situation...
With apparently a million or so jobs to be filled in various sectors there realy is no reason anyones going to stand outside a supermarket all day for any other reason than to collect the associated benefit package .  Its a scam .

Stop the sales of it and what do you think will happen ?
1  The sellers will sleep in a doorway and rely on the goodwill of passers by 
2  The sellers will without the benefit package sod off back to Romania / Albania / who cares
3 Get a job 

I'll give you a clue , its not 1

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on March 07, 2023, 02:36:12 PM
I expect people to study  the references.  They provide the answer that Brexit is why the shortage of workers is far worse in Britain than it is in the EU.

"Never regard study as a duty but as an enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later works belong."

Albert Einstein
Firstly, you posted 2 links, one for the UK and one for the EU. I said it was a worldwide problem to which you have posted no data as I've repeated. 

As for your 2 links, using the data you supplied it states the percentage of EU businesses are suffering more than the UK. A stat you have Smurfed (ignored). 

UK from your link. 
Quote13.3% of businesses surveyed in November 2022 said they experienced a shortage, according to a Parliamentary report. Proportions go up to 35.5% for Accommodation and food services, and 20.7% for Construction.

EU from your link. 
QuoteIn France, around half of the companies recently surveyed by the largest French employers' association CPME were trying to hire. Of them, 94% say they struggle to find the right fit – or any candidates, for that matter.

Across the Rhine, the picture looks very similar. As many as 87% of German family businesses surveyed by the Munich-based Ifo Institute on behalf of the foundation for family businesses said they felt the effects of the workers' shortage.
Expand Quote

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 07, 2023, 10:34:12 AM
If what you are saying is true why don't you actually quote the relevant and comparable statements in those links?

Maybe it's because what you are saying is neither true nor backed by those links. 
He's doing what Smurf always does, stating that he's posted the data you want and accusing you of not reading it. When you prove him wrong he disappears for a few days thinking everyone will have forgotten. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on March 07, 2023, 02:42:01 PM
So how come a seller was jailed for fraud?
Nick ONE case cannot be extrapolated to accuse and entire organisation of fraud. You are being as ridiculous as 30p Lee.

Nick

Why scam? The Big Issue is a legitimate publication that's produced and distributed on a legitimate business model but with the additional purpose of providing work and income to the poorest and disadvantaged in the country.

The reason for its recent growth is the increasing number of people falling into severe debt and hardship because of the UK's current economic situation...
So how come a seller was jailed for fraud?

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 07, 2023, 01:47:13 PM
And you expect anyone to believe that?  Well they don't.  You've been shown to not have a clue.
I expect people to study  the references.  They provide the answer that Brexit is why the shortage of workers is far worse in Britain than it is in the EU.

"Never regard study as a duty but as an enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later works belong."

Albert Einstein

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on March 07, 2023, 12:46:09 PM
There is a mass of data in both links, that is relevant for comparison purposes there is no way to précis it. They both need to be studied in depth.
And you expect anyone to believe that?  Well they don't.  You've been shown to not have a clue.

papasmurf

Precisely.

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 07, 2023, 10:34:12 AM
If what you are saying is true why don't you actually quote the relevant and comparable statements in those links?

Maybe it's because what you are saying is neither true nor backed by those links. 
There is a mass of data in both links, that is relevant for comparison purposes there is no way to précis it. They both need to be studied in depth. 

patman post

Quote from: Nick on March 07, 2023, 07:36:22 AM
Yes, a scam business, and that's the reason for the growth.
Why scam? The Big Issue is a legitimate publication that's produced and distributed on a legitimate business model but with the additional purpose of providing work and income to the poorest and disadvantaged in the country.

The reason for its recent growth is the increasing number of people falling into severe debt and hardship because of the UK's current economic situation...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on March 07, 2023, 09:27:08 AM
Nick I already have given references loaded with date that Brexit is a major cause of labour shortages when  compared with a reference showing the situation in Europe. If you are incapable of comparing the datasets, you must be less intelligent than the impression you try and give.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on March 07, 2023, 08:58:15 AM
Where's the evidence? Show some data that proves the UK is worse than every other country.

How about you answer the above.
Nick I already have given references loaded with date that Brexit is a major cause of labour shortages when  compared with a reference showing the situation in Europe. If you are incapable of comparing the datasets, you must be less intelligent than the impression you try and give.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on March 07, 2023, 08:52:53 AM
Evidence please? (Seriously.)  Given the growth in poverty and homelessness I can't see any specific reason for you to think it is a scam.
Quote from: papasmurf on March 03, 2023, 04:36:22 PM
Brexit has directly caused the labour shortage in Britain, making the shortage far worse than it needs to be.
Where's the evidence? Show some data that proves the UK is worse than every other country.

How about you answer the above. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on March 07, 2023, 07:36:22 AM
Yes, a scam business, and that's the reason for the growth.
Evidence please? (Seriously.)  Given the growth in poverty and homelessness I can't see any specific reason for you to think it is a scam.