Sales staff up by 10% in one year!!!

Started by patman post, March 06, 2023, 02:14:36 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on March 08, 2023, 02:06:52 PM
If you were a girl selling the Big Issue magazine in the street and was approached by a strange male inviting her to lunch, would you go with him...?
I wasnt asking her out I asked her she wanted a Sandwich from Waitrose . If however I had asked her out to lunch (I have a 100% success rate on that score )Im sure she would have gone home and changed into something more suitable ;)

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on March 08, 2023, 02:06:52 PM
If you were a girl selling the Big Issue magazine in the street and was approached by a strange male inviting her to lunch, would you go with him...?
Quite. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 08, 2023, 11:26:08 AM
And no I havn't asked , I did offer to buy her lunch many years ago but she said 'No just money' which more or less ended any hope she had with me of ever speaking to her again .
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 08, 2023, 07:55:39 AM
Good sales pitch but bares little reality to what Im seeing

One-third of Big Issue sellers now Romanian and many of them have homes AND claim benefits | Daily Mail Online
All you're probably seeing is probably filtered through the Mail Online.

Can't open your link but, in general, the marshmallow titillation and Fox News cross that is the online Mail is not a source I'd readily judge as anywhere near reliable. It even gives tabloid journalism a bad name...

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 08, 2023, 11:42:10 AM
No , as Ive said I wasn't refering to the whole organisation just my own experiance of it backed up by  reports of simlar goings on elsewhere .
But you imply it, I have been checking since this thread started and can find nothing that shows the Big Issue is a scam.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on March 08, 2023, 11:29:22 AM
So you are using one case that you know precisely zero about, to besmirch the entire Big Issue organisation.
No , as Ive said I wasn't refering to the whole organisation just my own experiance of it backed up by  reports of simlar goings on elsewhere .

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 08, 2023, 11:26:08 AM
Mate at my age any woman  under 60 is a girl ;)

And no I havn't asked , I did offer to buy her lunch many years ago but she said 'No just money' which more or less ended any hope she had with me of ever speaking to her again .
So you are using one case that you know precisely zero about, to besmirch the entire Big Issue organisation.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on March 08, 2023, 10:37:17 AM
Can't be a girl anymore. Have you bothered to ask the woman about her circumstances or are you just guessing?
Mate at my age any woman  under 60 is a girl ;)

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 08, 2023, 10:35:27 AM
Yes I know its 20 years old , as I said the same 'homeless' girl has been parked outside the local supermarket for the best part of it 
Can't be a girl anymore. Have you bothered to ask the woman about her circumstances or are you just guessing?

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on March 08, 2023, 08:14:28 AM
The Daily Mail report is 20 years old. Not current.
Also your personal experience doe not reflect the national picture.
Yes I know its 20 years old , as I said the same 'homeless' girl has been parked outside the local supermarket for the best part of it . Postys link says the Big issue has 30 years experiance of changing peoples lives , I guess they have failed with our one as she hasn't changed at all . In fact you have got me wondering ,thinking about it she hasn't changed a jot , maybe she is from Transalvania 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 08, 2023, 07:55:39 AM

One-third of Big Issue sellers now Romanian and many of them have homes AND claim benefits | Daily Mail Online
The Daily Mail report is 20 years old. Not current.
Also your personal experience doe not reflect the national picture.

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on March 07, 2023, 08:55:54 PM
There were 5.1 people sleeping rough on a single night in September 2022 per 100,000 people in England, compared to 4.3 people in the previous quarter June 2022 and same period last year. The rate of rough sleeping was 8.5 people per 100,000 people in 2017. 27% of people sleeping rough on a single night in September 2022 were new and had not been seen sleeping rough before.

h
ttps://www.gov.uk/government/publications/support-for-people-sleeping-rough-in-england-september-2022/support-for-people-sleeping-rough-in-england-september-2022

Big Issue Group has "over 30 years of experience changing lives through enterprise by supporting Big Issue magazine vendors to earn an income through selling the Big Issue magazine and we have invested £400 million into over 500 social enterprises since 2005."

https://www.bigissue.com/about-the-big-issue-group/

Vendors who sell The Big Issue magazine are their own mini-enterprises, buying copies for £1.75 and selling them to the public for £4, keeping the difference. This allows them to support themselves and their families, while becoming less reliant on tax-funded benefits.
Thanks to people buying magazines, vendors have been able to earn a staggering amount of money as the cost-of-living crisis continues.
Over 2.2 million magazines were sold in the last year – an incredible 34 per cent year-on-year increase in sales – meaning that £3.76 million went into the pockets of our vendors, who are some of the most marginalised and vulnerable people in the UK.
The economic landscape has indisputably had an impact on the increasing number of people turning to The Big Issue to make ends meet in tough times. There are 14 million people in the UK living in poverty as rent, energy and food prices continue to soar and this latest report on the impact of The Big Issue shows how people experiencing difficulty can benefit from becoming a vendor.

https://www.bigissue.com/news/more-people-are-getting-a-hand-up-from-big-issue-as-the-cost-of-living-crisis-bites/

https://www.bigissue.com/
Doesn't seem to be a scam...

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 07, 2023, 03:54:12 PM
See above  (Scam . A dishonest scheme , a fraud )  they are tricking you into believing they are homelessI dont think anyone has said ALL BI sellers are in on it , though since the the EU  took over the selling of it it would seem they have scared any other potential sellers away
There were 5.1 people sleeping rough on a single night in September 2022 per 100,000 people in England, compared to 4.3 people in the previous quarter June 2022 and same period last year. The rate of rough sleeping was 8.5 people per 100,000 people in 2017. 27% of people sleeping rough on a single night in September 2022 were new and had not been seen sleeping rough before.

h
ttps://www.gov.uk/government/publications/support-for-people-sleeping-rough-in-england-september-2022/support-for-people-sleeping-rough-in-england-september-2022

Big Issue Group has "over 30 years of experience changing lives through enterprise by supporting Big Issue magazine vendors to earn an income through selling the Big Issue magazine and we have invested £400 million into over 500 social enterprises since 2005."

https://www.bigissue.com/about-the-big-issue-group/

Vendors who sell The Big Issue magazine are their own mini-enterprises, buying copies for £1.75 and selling them to the public for £4, keeping the difference. This allows them to support themselves and their families, while becoming less reliant on tax-funded benefits.
Thanks to people buying magazines, vendors have been able to earn a staggering amount of money as the cost-of-living crisis continues.
Over 2.2 million magazines were sold in the last year – an incredible 34 per cent year-on-year increase in sales – meaning that £3.76 million went into the pockets of our vendors, who are some of the most marginalised and vulnerable people in the UK.
The economic landscape has indisputably had an impact on the increasing number of people turning to The Big Issue to make ends meet in tough times. There are 14 million people in the UK living in poverty as rent, energy and food prices continue to soar and this latest report on the impact of The Big Issue shows how people experiencing difficulty can benefit from becoming a vendor.

https://www.bigissue.com/news/more-people-are-getting-a-hand-up-from-big-issue-as-the-cost-of-living-crisis-bites/

https://www.bigissue.com/
Doesn't seem to be a scam...

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 07, 2023, 03:54:12 PM
I dont think anyone has said ALL BI sellers are in on it ,
It is being implied, by at least two people on the forum without them explaining what the scam is. (If there is one.)

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on March 07, 2023, 03:40:55 PM
Please explain what is the scam? ( Scam an illegal plan for making money, especially one that involves tricking people.)
See above  (Scam . A dishonest scheme , a fraud )  they are tricking you into believing they are homeless
Quote from: papasmurf on March 07, 2023, 03:40:55 PMWhere is the scam involving ALL of the Big Issue organisation?
I dont think anyone has said ALL BI sellers are in on it , though since the the EU  took over the selling of it it would seem they have scared any other potential sellers away