Why has ‘richest PM in history’ not published tax returns?

Started by BBC News , March 09, 2023, 07:00:05 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on March 09, 2023, 02:21:16 PM
Again, if he's fiddling his taxes, it's up to HMRC to check. If he's breaking Parliamentary rules it's up to the relevant authorities to deal with...
None of that inspires me with any confidence.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on March 09, 2023, 02:12:15 PM
I am far more interested in Boris Johnson's tax returns:-
Again, if he's fiddling his taxes, it's up to HMRC to check. If he's breaking Parliamentary rules it's up to the relevant authorities to deal with...

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

I am far more interested in Boris Johnson's tax returns:-

Boris Johnson's pay accounts for 85% of all outside earnings declared by MPs so far this year | Politics News | Sky News

Thursday 9 March 2023 11:50, UK

Boris Johnson earned 85% of all the outside pay generated by MPs this year, Sky News can reveal.
The former prime minister has declared earnings of £4.8m, mostly since stepping down from Downing Street, in speeches and book deals, the latest update to the Westminster Accounts by Sky News can reveal.

Some £3.7m of this was earned in just the first six weeks of this year, on top of the basic MP salary of £84,144.
Adding up the outside earnings of every MP in almost two months in 2023 comes to £4.4m, meaning that Mr Johnson received just under 85% of all second job cash. This includes all earnings released up to 20 February.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Unless he's caught fiddling, it's my view his tax returns are as private as everyone else's. But if he's forced to publish his tax returns, the UK could do worse than copy Norway, where everyone's tax returns are published online...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

BBC News

Why has 'richest PM in history' not published tax returns?

A Labour MP reminds Rishi Sunak of a pledge to publish his tax returns and asks where they are.

Source: Why has 'richest PM in history' not published tax returns?