Should people be sacked for making factually accurate statements?

Started by papasmurf, March 10, 2023, 05:31:55 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on March 12, 2023, 11:12:46 AM
Work only sets you free if the wages are high enough to live on.

Self respect sets you free.

If you spend your life blaming everything on the Tories or telling childish lies about the  area in which you live then you will never be free
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 12, 2023, 11:11:24 AM
FFS you really are a case aren't you.  Seems you now want IDS to be condemned for saying the truth.  He may have used unfortunate words but like it or not work really does make you free. 
Work only sets you free if the wages are high enough to live on.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on March 12, 2023, 10:08:40 AM
IDS is just one example of copying 1930's German rhetoric. I first noticed the copying of 1930's propaganda, writings and speeches by the Conservatives back as far as Peter Lilley, Braverman is still doing it.
FFS you really are a case aren't you.   Seems you now want IDS to be condemned for saying the truth.  He may have used unfortunate words but like it or not work really does make you free.  

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 12, 2023, 10:04:45 AM
No nit picking by me

'by Germany'  means by the then Nazi state, 'in Germany' could be non Nazi elements

And as for that fool IDS and his stupid gob what on earth is the relevance here? 
IDS is just one example of copying 1930's German rhetoric. I first noticed the copying of 1930's propaganda, writings and speeches by the Conservatives back as far as Peter Lilley, Braverman is still doing it.

Ratcliff

Quote from: papasmurf on March 11, 2023, 10:18:38 AM
As anyone who has studied Germany in the lead up to the second World War Lineker's comments about the language use about illegal immigrants by the Conservatives is similar to that used in 1930s Germany is factually accurate.

Linneker tweeted used BY Germany in the 30's , not ''in'' Germany. You need to read it properly , it's a huge difference in meaning

Unlucky4Sum

No nit picking by me 

'by Germany'  means by the then Nazi state, 'in Germany' could be non Nazi elements

And as for that fool IDS and his stupid gob what on earth is the relevance here?  

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 12, 2023, 09:32:00 AM
Well why don't you quote examples then instead of just ranting

And to correct you: Lineker didn't say 'used in Germany' he said 'used by Germany'  BIG difference. 

You nit picking aside I repeat anyone who has studied Germany in the 1930s know that the Conservatives have been using similar language for a long time Braverman is just the latest instance. 

Iain Duncan Smith "Work actually helps free people" - (Arbeit macht frei) - YouTube

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on March 11, 2023, 05:25:42 PM
Nick I suggest you do some research. (Don't bother coming back with the usual abuse, because of your ignorance of the subject.)

Lineker compared the language use by the Conservatives with that used in Germany in the 1930s. Anyone who has studied Germany in the 1930s will be aware Lineker is being factually accurate.  Also if anyone bothers to check Conservatives when both in and out of government have been using German propaganda and speeches from the 1930s in translation as part or all of speeches they have made and articles they have written.  An inconvenient truth that is being ignored.
Well why don't you quote examples then instead of just ranting

And to correct you: Lineker didn't say 'used in Germany' he said 'used by Germany'  BIG difference.  

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on March 12, 2023, 12:50:23 AM
It's funny that you mention abuse, I deliberately use the exact language that you use.
You should maybe revisit your own use of language.
I respond to attacks.

Nick

Nick I suggest you do some research. (Don't bother coming back with the usual abuse, because of your ignorance of the subject.)

Lineker compared the language use by the Conservatives with that used in Germany in the 1930s. Anyone who has studied Germany in the 1930s will be aware Lineker is being factually accurate.  Also if anyone bothers to check Conservatives when both in and out of government have been using German propaganda and speeches from the 1930s in translation as part or all of speeches they have made and articles they have written.  An inconvenient truth that is being ignored.
It's funny that you mention abuse, I deliberately use the exact language that you use.
You should maybe revisit your own use of language. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on March 10, 2023, 05:31:55 PM
Should people be sacked for making factually accurate statements?
A good question.

Diane Abbott thinks so.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Jesus Pappa , thats way out there with the fairies 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on March 11, 2023, 04:00:24 PM
No it's not, it's nothing like the same.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on March 11, 2023, 12:50:11 PM
His comments about language use are factually accurate. Whether you or anyone else likes it or not. (The rest of his comments I disagree with strongly.)
No it's not, it's nothing like the same. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on March 11, 2023, 12:50:11 PM
His comments about language use are factually accurate. Whether you or anyone else likes it or not. (The rest of his comments I disagree with strongly.)
I didn't hear Braverman speaking in German so factually no he wasn't accurate . Braverman did over egg the pudding with regard the potential numbers of asylum seekers but is correct in saying something must be done to stop the illegal crossings .

Of course as soon as the Goverment try to do something about it the left wing wokerati of which Lineaker is a fully paid up member start slinging the Nazi accusations about which are lapped up by twats on twitter and other social media platforms .
There is much wrong with the conservative government , its failed immigration and asylum system being one that they know they need to fix if they are to have a hope in hell of any votes come the next election 

It remains to be seen if this is the fix or whether yet again they have given millions to the French to do feck all but usher people in our direction but always remember that the more illegal migrants that can be stopped the more genuine refugees that can be accomodated . 

Thats something that is completely lost on the likes of Lineaker .