Should people be sacked for making factually accurate statements?

Started by papasmurf, March 10, 2023, 05:31:55 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on March 13, 2023, 05:43:15 PM
Nick that you prefer to remain in ignorance really is your problem. The evidence just takes a bit of time for you to research. All the Tories have done with the German 1930 material is use an English translation and change the word from Jew to the whatever is their scapegoat target is.  They have been doing so for the last 40 years.
I first noticed it when I first got some DVDs of German propaganda speeches I thought it strange I had heard parts them translated in to English spoken or written by various Tory ministers and shadow ministers over the years.
I am by no means the only person to notice it by a very long way.
It won't take me any time cause I won't be researching it. I'm not wasting my time investigating stuff that you've just made up, the fact you don't prove it means it is more lies. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on March 13, 2023, 03:51:22 PM
Well I can speak reasonably good German and as I stated previously it mean Work Sets You Free.
I've learned that there's a difference between word for word  translation and understanding the idiom...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on March 13, 2023, 04:52:25 PM
If you make a statement it's up to you to provide the evidence to back it up. If you don't it will be assumed to be lies.
Nick that you prefer to remain in ignorance really is your problem. The evidence just takes a bit of time for you to research. All the Tories have done with the German 1930 material is use an English translation and change the word from Jew to the whatever is their scapegoat target is.  They have been doing so for the last 40 years. 
I first noticed it when I first got some DVDs of German propaganda speeches I thought it strange I had heard parts them translated in to English spoken or written by various Tory ministers and shadow ministers over the years.
I am by no means the only person to notice it by a very long way.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on March 13, 2023, 03:56:35 PM
You pedantry makes no difference. (If you speak good German, you can check for yourself, German language use in the 1930s in propaganda posters and leaflets, speeches, films, and writings.) You will see for yourself how much the Conservatives have used over the last 40 years. (It is frankly scary.) If often looks as if Joseph Goebbels is alive and working at Tory HQ.
If you make a statement it's up to you to provide the evidence to back it up. If you don't it will be assumed to be lies. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on March 13, 2023, 03:51:22 PM
Well I can speak reasonably good German and as I stated previously it mean Work Sets You Free.
You pedantry makes no difference. (If you speak good German, you can check for yourself, German language use in the 1930s in propaganda posters and leaflets, speeches, films, and writings.) You will see for yourself how much the Conservatives have used over the last 40 years. (It is frankly scary.) If often looks as if Joseph Goebbels is alive and working at Tory HQ.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on March 13, 2023, 03:37:23 PM
Mein Deutsch ist nicht perfekt, but I think "Arbeit macht frei" can be translated as "Work sets you free" or "Work makes one free"...

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on March 13, 2023, 03:29:50 PM
So the Tories put you in a gas chamber three times in one day?

Anyway, you will be delighted to know that the BBC has backed down

Lineker is delighted and Auntie is reviewing the rules, which is code for bottling out

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/entertainment-arts-64938252
Come on — the comparison was between the words used, not the actions taken by anyone.

Personally, I think Lineker over-egged the pudding, but maybe he supposed the majority of the Tory front bench wouldn't understand references to Mosley's BUF statements in the 1930s...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Nick on March 13, 2023, 09:28:02 AM
He didn't copy it cause it doesn't say work makes you free, it says work sets you free. So once again your example is wrong, you should know that if you had studied Germany like you say you have.
Mein Deutsch ist nicht perfekt, but I think "Arbeit macht frei" can be translated as "Work sets you free" or "Work makes one free"...

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on March 13, 2023, 12:28:02 PM
I am stating the comments about comparing the comments in Germany in the 1930 with comment by Conservatives are accurate. Using "Arbeit Macht Frei" Work Frees You three times in one day after being pictured under the sign at the entrance to Auschwitz is using the same terminology.  Work only frees you if it pays enough.
So the Tories put you in a gas chamber three times in one day?

Anyway, you will be delighted to know that the BBC has backed down

Lineker is delighted and Auntie is reviewing the rules, which is code for bottling out

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/entertainment-arts-64938252

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on March 13, 2023, 12:22:26 PM
Two faced from you again.
You're saying what Lineker said is true so it's ok, work does free you so that's ok then cause it's true.
I am stating the comments about comparing the comments in Germany in the 1930 with comment by Conservatives are accurate. Using "Arbeit Macht Frei" Work Frees You three times in one day after being pictured under the sign at the entrance to Auschwitz is using the same terminology.  Work only frees you if it pays enough.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on March 13, 2023, 10:21:41 AM
Nick, the translation is close whether you like it or not. IDS being pictured under Arbeit Macht Frei at Auschwitz and then in one day stating work frees you, on  BBC Question Time, on Radio 4 and in an interview is very obvious. It is just one example of many of the Tories using the same or similar comments directly taken from German propaganda, speeches and articles from the 1930s and using them for several decades and still doing it.  It is an inconvenient truth, whether you like it or not.

Interesting article by Peter Oborne:-

Why Sunak has not disavowed Braverman's inflammatory remarks on migrants | Middle East Eye

Why Sunak has not disavowed Braverman's inflammatory remarks on migrants

Peter Oborne
9 March 2023 10:40 UTC | Last update: 3 days 23 hours ago

Two faced from you again. 
You're saying what Lineker said is true so it's ok, work does free you so that's ok then cause it's true. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on March 13, 2023, 09:28:02 AM
He didn't copy it cause it doesn't say work makes you free, it says work sets you free. So once again your example is wrong, you should know that if you had studied Germany like you say you have.
Nick, the translation is close whether you like it or not. IDS being pictured under Arbeit Macht Frei at Auschwitz and then in one day stating work frees you, on  BBC Question Time, on Radio 4 and in an interview is very obvious. It is just one example of many of the Tories using the same or similar comments directly taken from German propaganda, speeches and articles from the 1930s and using them for several decades and still doing it.  It is an inconvenient truth, whether you like it or not.

Interesting article by Peter Oborne:- 

Why Sunak has not disavowed Braverman's inflammatory remarks on migrants | Middle East Eye

Why Sunak has not disavowed Braverman's inflammatory remarks on migrants

Peter Oborne
9 March 2023 10:40 UTC | Last update: 3 days 23 hours ago

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on March 12, 2023, 10:08:40 AM
IDS is just one example of copying 1930's German rhetoric. I first noticed the copying of 1930's propaganda, writings and speeches by the Conservatives back as far as Peter Lilley, Braverman is still doing it.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 12, 2023, 10:33:01 PM
I think JoG has already done that .  The word racist wasn't used but is  implied being associated with the far right . We are not dealing with 'direct quotes' here but assumptions on what people have said and the implications of it .

If you take the whole thread in context you might get it ,but I wont hold my breath .
Pathetic ^  You were wrong and your verbose crap is just an attempt to hide that.   

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 12, 2023, 08:38:34 PM
And you can back that with evidence?  Please do so if true
I think JoG has already done that .  The word racist wasn't used but is  implied being associated with the far right . We are not dealing with 'direct quotes' here but assumptions on what people have said and the implications of it .

If you take the whole thread in context you might get it ,but I wont hold my breath .