Just had an idea. I will build a mobile shower unit

Started by Borchester, March 14, 2023, 05:05:08 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 14, 2023, 10:01:25 AM
Tempting Fate alert ^
Quite.  I had very similar to this happen during a storm when I was still living in Buckinghamshire. 

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on March 14, 2023, 07:33:33 AM
My plumbing never leaks, even the HEP2O in the new part of the house is sound. It's very quick to connect and leak proof as long as you remember to put the inserts in before you joint it.
Tempting Fate alert ^

papasmurf

Been in my current home since 1984, the only water leaks have mainly just needed  tap washer replacements. I replaced the cistern in the bog which had started to fall off of the wall. (A far simpler job than I thought, despite the old cistern being obsolete.) There was a load of "cag" build up in the microbore central heating system, draining the system removing all the radiators, taking them outside and back flushing them and putting inhibiter in the system was not too troublesome. Immersion heater thermostat has been replaced once.
The only major job was replacing a pipe behind the back boiler which had been badly fitted back in 1972 by the cowboy who fitted it, is corroded through due to touching where it shouldn't. That required the removal of the fireplace surround, removing the corroded pipe and replacing it with a new one.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on March 14, 2023, 05:05:08 AM
Not straight away. I have a dozen other jobs on hand right now, but definitely when I get to install the second shower at the rural ruin.

The way I see it, any sort of plumbing invariably leaks. So the important point is to be able to get at the pipework and that is a damn sight easier when the shower is movable  than when it built into a corner.

I might make a wooden prototype and iron out the kinks. That won't cost anything because there is always a use for scrap timber around the house. And once everything is up and running I will build another one for the hovel in London.

I spent hours trying to sleep and now I am so chuffed that I don't want to.Dancing
My plumbing never leaks, even the HEP2O in the new part of the house is sound. It's very quick to connect and leak proof as long as you remember to put the inserts in before you joint it.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Not straight away. I have a dozen other jobs on hand right now, but definitely when I get to install the second shower at the rural ruin.

The way I see it, any sort of plumbing invariably leaks. So the important point is to be able to get at the pipework and that is a damn sight easier when the shower is movable  than when it built into a corner.

I might make a wooden prototype and iron out the kinks. That won't cost anything because there is always a use for scrap timber around the house. And once everything is up and running I will build another one for the hovel in London.

I spent hours trying to sleep and now I am so chuffed that I don't want too.Dancing
Algerie Francais !