Lewis Hamilton - is sad

Started by Cassie, October 16, 2019, 10:00:30 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Formula one drivers are boring, bring back Hunt the Shunt.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Cassie post_id=786 time=1571216430 user_id=57
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/50061569">https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/50061569

It just go to show that all the money in the world doesn't make you happy! I would like to point out to him that his sport is probably one of the worst for ruining the planet in so many ways.

Well !!!!!

Don't know if there is any truth to it but, I have been told by a guy that has been going  to every F1 race world wide For the last 10 years that. Lewis was caught snogging one of his mechanics in a night club. Maybe his inner self is in turmoil about wanting to come out.

Like I said, don't know how much truth there is in it.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=817 time=1571231988 user_id=62
 Maybe we should ban motor racing and introduce vegan hunting.

With packs of hounds?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Gliderman

So why doesn't he switch to Formula E ?

johnofgwent

I lost interest in motor sport the day they put bloody turbos in rally cars. 0-60 faster than driving it off a cliff for heaven's sake.

I watched one inevitable consequence unfold right before my eyes. In the forest of Dean warming up for the Fram Welsh one prize arse lost it at full revs went sideways into a tree pretty much cut the car in half and driver and copilot were so inextricably intimate with the tree trunk they were not even worth scraping off....

And this wasn't any sort of official warmup, I was out there on a bloody field trip collecting samples of the soil bacteria for the zoology dept....

The other thing that pisses me off is the arrogance.

When I held an open class rallying licence back in the 70s the RAC warned you they'd void it if you were done for speeding on the public highway, EVER, because to get busted for speeding suggested a mentality incompatible with a sport where you chucked a car round special stages like a lunatic.

Some years ago whichever F1 shithead it was who absolutely rocketed up the M40 and got pulled for it told the court he shouldn't be penalised like ordinary drivers because of his racing experience.

Too right.

They should have banned him for life from the public highway AND the race track.

But if course they didn't.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester post_id=817 time=1571231988 user_id=62
My heart pumps piss for him.

He was a miserable bastard before and he is one now. Maybe we should ban motor racing and introduce vegan hunting. There are already too many of them and it is time for a cull.

:hattip
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

Quote from: Cassie post_id=1081 time=1571341603 user_id=57
True,  but look at the flying involved and the damage he sport did before they changed the engines. I like that we have an English man top of the world, I like watching him, but I don't like a multi-millionaire bleating on about stuff when he's made a nice living flying around the world and driving fast cars.

I guess anyone with a Jeremiah outlook could even level that charge at athletes, equestrianism, sports cyclists, etc.

Surely the human effect on global warming and climate change must have started with the discovery of the ability to start fire...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Cassie

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=1077 time=1571340512 user_id=53
Does seem a bit down , probably because his team mate just beat him up all weekend .  His sport though F1 has probably done more for tackling carbon emissions than most people realise . Its Hybrid engines for instance are probably the most efficient in the world and its ongoing fuel technologies  can only further the cause for cleaner engines in the future

True,  but look at the flying involved and the damage he sport did before they changed the engines. I like that we have an English man top of the world, I like watching him, but I don't like a multi-millionaire bleating on about stuff when he's made a nice living flying around the world and driving fast cars.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Cassie post_id=786 time=1571216430 user_id=57
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/50061569">https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/50061569

It just go to show that all the money in the world doesn't make you happy! I would like to point out to him that his sport is probably one of the worst for ruining the planet in so many ways.

Does seem a bit down , probably because his team mate just beat him up all weekend .  His sport though F1 has probably done more for tackling carbon emissions than most people realise . Its Hybrid engines for instance are probably the most efficient in the world and its ongoing fuel technologies  can only further the cause for cleaner engines in the future

T00ts

Perhaps he is suffering from success syndrome (my own suggestion). Anyone who has really striven to reach the top of the ladder knows the feeling when you suddenly look around and there is no-where left to go. When all the goals have been achieved and material stuff doesn't really count anymore, there is a dangerous lull.

Like everyone else he needs to re-evaluate, perhaps change his goals, seek a new path.

Barry

I'm surprised such a famous person appears to be attention seeking. I wonder if he is suffering from depression. I would be if I'd turned Vegan, can't beat a good peppered steak.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

My heart pumps piss for him.

He was a miserable bastard before and he is one now. Maybe we should ban motor racing and introduce vegan hunting. There are already too many of them and it is time for a cull.
Algerie Francais !

Cassie