Lewis Hamilton - is sad

Started by Cassie, October 16, 2019, 10:00:30 AM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

Amazing qualifier. I wish they'd just show Lewis's onboard the whole way through sometimes.

This should be great, Nico did a vid on Spa -

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PMhBVq2QpJU
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 28, 2020, 10:28:01 AM
Quote from: Dynamis on August 28, 2020, 09:29:26 AM

Do you think Hamilton will win this weekend then?

You wouldn't bet against him would you . The Mercedes just seems so reliable when running at the front  . The tyre problems seems the only thing that has slowed them down so far ,they dont seem to like the very soft compounds nor the increase in tyre pressure brought in a couple of races back .  Rain though is forecast which could make it a lottery , and fun  to watch

Sounds like fun indeed.

IIRC Pirelli said unpreced' downforce was pushing their tyres too hard, there's a slew of new regulations coming in '21 that shake everything up and will change that..dunno how all those factors will effect each other but it may take Merc's lead away I think.

I think Nico Rosberg does a youtube series going through the entire track in detail and how he takes every corner, it gets so technical - there are parts where he loses me, but it's truly a wonderful insight into how they drive. It might be interesting to see his version of thie s GP maybe accounting for wet conditions.

+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 28, 2020, 10:35:59 AM

If you dont understand the intricacy's I suppose it can be a little perplexing

No, just boring.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on August 28, 2020, 10:32:09 AM

You wouldn't bet against him would you . The Mercedes just seems so reliable when running at the front  . The tyre problems seems the only thing that has slowed them down so far ,they dont seem to like the very soft compounds nor the increase in tyre pressure brought in a couple of races back .  Rain though is forecast which could make it a lottery , and fun  to watch

I find F1 mind numbingly boring.

If you dont understand the intricacy's I suppose it can be a little perplexing 

papasmurf

I find F1 mind numbingly boring.

Streetwalker

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on August 28, 2020, 09:59:32 AM
Quote from: Dynamis on August 28, 2020, 09:57:00 AM

Didn't know about the history of regenerative braking,

It has been fitted to coaches, buses, and trucks for a very long time. (As an option.)

It is also part of electric vehicles these days.

And the tube too apparently.

The brake innovations goes back to 1880.

One other innovation I heard they're working on (in the now) is airless tyres, but I'll bet there's a much longer history of that too. :)
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis on August 28, 2020, 09:57:00 AM

Didn't know about the history of regenerative braking,

It has been fitted to coaches, buses, and trucks for a very long time. (As an option.)

It is also part of electric vehicles these days.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on August 28, 2020, 09:44:30 AM

They obtain kinetic energy from the brakes (remembering the brakes in an F1 car are prolly the most powerful brakes in the world). It is fascinating and they do seem to be pioneering all kinds of amazing new technology which filters down into road cars.

Getting energy back from braking is in fact quite old technology, getting the system light enough to fit on on an F1 car is another matter.

Yeah, they use a KERS system.

Didn't know about the history of regenerative braking, but it looks interesting from what I read. Am no engineer of any kind (probably was obvious), but only recently rekindled my interest in F1 after years of not watching it. They showed moto gp in place of it a few times recently and the accidents are just awful, it's hard to watch.
+++

papasmurf

They obtain kinetic energy from the brakes (remembering the brakes in an F1 car are prolly the most powerful brakes in the world). It is fascinating and they do seem to be pioneering all kinds of amazing new technology which filters down into road cars.

Getting energy back from braking is in fact quite old technology, getting the system light enough to fit on on an F1 car is another matter.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 17, 2019, 08:28:32 PM
<r><QUOTE author="Cassie" post_id="786" time="1571216430" user_id="57">>
Quote from: Cassie post_id=786 time=1571216430 user_id=57
<URL url="https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/50061569">https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/50061569</URL>

It just go to show that all the money in the world doesn't make you happy! I would like to point out to him that his sport is probably one of the worst for ruining the planet in so many ways.
<e>
</e></QUOTE>

Does seem a bit down , probably because his team mate just beat him up all weekend .  His sport though F1 has probably done more for tackling carbon emissions than most people realise . Its Hybrid engines for instance are probably the most efficient in the world and its ongoing fuel technologies  can only further the cause for cleaner engines in the future</r>

I was reading in a bit of detail about how the new engines work just the other day.

+++

Hyperduck Quack Quack

Lewis Hamilton seemed happy enough on TV the other day.   Nothing wrong with going vegan although I'm too fond of cheese to do that.

Climate change won't kill the planet or cause the extinction of the human race but it could cause a lot of problems for a lot of people, especially if they live in low-lying areas vulnerable to rising sea levels.

Nalaar

The problem with any of these kinds of issues (like ethical consumption via diet, or lifestyle etc) is that we are all hypocrites to some extent or another. I don't think Hamilton  needs anyone to point out to them that his chosen carrer is one of the worst for pollution - but if that carrer has given him the platform, means, and ability to now speak out then he should be applauded for it.

Also a comment like 'vegans can't do simple calculation' is an odd sort of thing to say.
Don't believe everything you think.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Barry post_id=825 time=1571236062 user_id=51
I wonder if he is suffering from depression. I would be if I'd turned Vegan, can't beat a good peppered steak.

I've known quite a few who do that and they look weak and unhealthy. Meat is high in protein, and protein is needed for a healthy brain. Observation seems to indicate that it dizzes them out so they can't think logically, i.e. the higher brain functions are impaired. For example, if they had to do a simple calculation in their heads to give you your change, you can see they can't do it. Besides you have to be an idiot to choose to damage your own health voluntarily.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Churchill

The only motor sport I take any interest in is Motor Cycling elbow and knee to knee stuff into the bends head down flat on the tank on the straights, not a procession as in F1 dead boring for me
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>