The Windsor Framework, getting Brexit undone

Started by Streetwalker, March 19, 2023, 07:01:14 AM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 28, 2023, 06:31:08 AM
UK to work more closely with EU on financial services - BBC News

More backsliding into the hands of EU officialdom . Bang goes any chance of genuine financial reform and another lesson on what would happen if we didnt leave the EU properly in the first place .

To be fair, a while back all the financial services were going to move from London to Frankfurt and Herman the German would be be master of the money markets. That does not appear to have happened and I suspect that the UK will do well out of any changes in the rules
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

UK to work more closely with EU on financial services - BBC News

More backsliding into the hands of EU officialdom . Bang goes any chance of genuine financial reform and another lesson on what would happen if we didnt leave the EU properly in the first place .

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 23, 2023, 11:06:18 PM
Well if it 'won't be long' you won't mind not posting til it happens
Forseeing the future is a gift I like to share 
Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 23, 2023, 11:06:18 PM
The sane members of the forum will know your boast is just another 'Serbia is joining', 'Euro will fail by Christmas 2016' etc etc piece of rubbish from UKIP's crack Paronoidials Brigade
That was a legitimate claim seeing as they were and still are  a candidate country along with the rest of the Balkans  . They have seen sense  I believe in more recent years and cooled on the idea . 

The UKIP membership may have been as mad as a bag of frogs (thats the reptilian kind not Frenchmen) but they were not wrong on much least of all that we would never leave without a clean break 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 23, 2023, 06:32:12 PM
Wont be long before Sunak cancels the CPTPP application and puts us back in the single market
Well if it 'won't be long' you won't mind not posting til it happens

The sane members of the forum will know your boast is just another 'Serbia is joining', 'Euro will fail by Christmas 2016' etc etc piece of rubbish from UKIP's crack Paronoidials Brigade

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on March 23, 2023, 03:49:36 PM
Where did you get that data?
If you can't understand the premise of simplified conversation don't get involved, it's clearly above your understanding if you're asking for data. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 23, 2023, 06:28:42 PM
I dont expect anyone currently in Westminster to anything but gradually cede power back to Brussels
Possibly less likely than Boris seeding available females around Westminster...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on March 23, 2023, 05:00:46 PM
With Sunak the Shit and Beverly Hunt in charge that is already happening.

Amazingly, about the only hope I can see is for Starmer to become PM. Sir Stodge does not want to rock the boat and is unlikely to try to rejoin the EU anytime soon.
Wont be long before Sunak cancels the CPTPP application and puts us back in the single market 

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on March 23, 2023, 03:21:08 PM
So are Labour going to go against 80% of their voters? Who voted to leave the EU? Even they're not that stupid.
I dont expect anyone currently in Westminster to anything but gradually cede power back to Brussels 

We gave it a good go and although we won the big battle never really managed to win the war . Until people vote these aholes out there is not we can do

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 23, 2023, 07:20:50 AM
Unfortunately its not

The tories have had their chance to inact Brexit and have failed misserably . What happens next is that the tories will lose support and your more 'sensible and able' will be able to rebuild the party sitting next to the lib dems .

With Sunak the Shit and Beverly Hunt in charge that is already happening.

Amazingly, about the only hope I can see is for Starmer to become PM. Sir Stodge does not want to rock the boat and is unlikely to try to rejoin the EU anytime soon.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on March 23, 2023, 03:21:08 PM
So are Labour going to go against 80% of their voters? Who voted to leave the EU? Even they're not that stupid.
Where did you get that data?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 23, 2023, 07:20:50 AM
Unfortunately its not

The tories have had their chance to inact Brexit and have failed misserably . What happens next is that the tories will lose support and your more 'sensible and able' will be able to rebuild the party sitting next to the lib dems .
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on March 22, 2023, 06:11:44 PM
Unfortunately, it is.

But on the brighter side, it is a step towards sanity. Now what's needed is for Johnson to be penalised for being the lying chancer he is, the ERG to sod off, and the more sensible and able Tories to try and rebuild the party — probably a forlorn hope...
Unfortunately its not 

The tories have had their chance to inact Brexit and have failed misserably . What happens next is that the tories will lose support and your more 'sensible and able' will be able to rebuild the party sitting next to the lib dems .

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 22, 2023, 04:01:14 PM
Well as expected a  win for Westminster  (486 majority) and defeat for everyone that voted leave . Just 22 tory rebels . The news channels are not even covering this traitorous act ,covering it up with non stop questions of did Johnson have a party .

Its not brexit
Unfortunately, it is.

But on the brighter side, it is a step towards sanity. Now what's needed is for Johnson to be penalised for being the lying chancer he is, the ERG to sod off, and the more sensible and able Tories to try and rebuild the party — probably a forlorn hope...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: GerryT on March 22, 2023, 03:32:30 PM
So what changed with your sovereignty. What are you able to do now that you couldn't before. If you think you can just write your own laws as you see fit, no you can't. You've signed trade deals with a number of countries and they restrict what you can do, so whats changed ?  In fact you've lost sovereignty, at least in the EU you had a say in the EU laws, now you don't.
As for borders, the only land border that you have is in IRL and that's not going so well for you, now is it.
Any other wins from Brexit ?
FFS not you as well as the diminutive piskie immigrant from somewhere up country that was too tough for him so he inflicted himself on the Cornish...