Stop RAF Scampton Being Turned into a Detention Camp for immigrants

Started by papasmurf, March 20, 2023, 07:28:01 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 22, 2023, 09:13:05 AM
After due consideration Im with Pappa and joined the other 35000 on the petition Union Flag Feck the home office ,they should be turning these people around without so much as a blanket
Thank you, looking around the internet and at various news items Unlucky4Sum seems be very much in a minority. He strikes me as the sort of person who would like the Cenotaph to be knocked down.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on March 22, 2023, 07:24:54 AM
It is Scampton. As someone who has been researching various matters from the 2nd World War. The original official reports on practically any military action are littered with propaganda and falsehoods, and also subject to 30 year, 50 year, and even 100 year blocks on the release of the real records.
To put illegal immigrants on RAF Scampton in the process scuppering a £300 million development program to preserve the 617 artifacts and memorabilia plus develop the airfield creating 1000 jobs is Heritage Vandalism by the government.
You very obvious have no (expletive deleted) idea of what is going on and frankly people like you make me sick.

RAF Scampton: Asylum seekers could stay in runway cabins, meeting told - BBC News

RAF Scampton: Historians pen letter against WW2 airfield migrant plan - BBC News

Petition · Stop RAF Scampton Being Turned into a Detention Camp · Change.org
So you finally admit that the popular conception of the dambusters raid is false yet you want a base that's been massively redeveloped over and over since then preserved because you think there's evidence there to help your hobby.  

Don't you think the real records might be elsewhere?

Streetwalker

After due consideration Im with Pappa and joined the other 35000 on the petition Union Flag Feck the home office ,they should be turning these people around without so much as a blanket 

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 21, 2023, 10:07:10 PM
From originally the wrong thread (my bad)

And when those details were released the previous official narrative was shown to be full of lies.  One could even say Scamton lies.
It is Scampton. As someone who has been researching various matters from the 2nd World War. The original official reports on practically any military action are littered with propaganda and falsehoods, and also subject to 30 year, 50 year, and even 100 year blocks on the release of the real records.
To put illegal immigrants on RAF Scampton in the process scuppering a £300 million development program to preserve the 617 artifacts and memorabilia plus develop the airfield creating 1000 jobs is Heritage Vandalism by the government.
You very obvious have no (expletive deleted) idea of what is going on and frankly people like you make me sick.

RAF Scampton: Asylum seekers could stay in runway cabins, meeting told - BBC News

RAF Scampton: Historians pen letter against WW2 airfield migrant plan - BBC News

Petition · Stop RAF Scampton Being Turned into a Detention Camp · Change.org

Unlucky4Sum

From originally the wrong thread (my bad)

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 21, 2023, 07:39:46 PM
No point answering, it's in double figures so would bewilder you

Your whole rationale for preserving Scampton as some sort of sacred site is based on false stories spread by a UK need for good stories in 1943 and to publicise a 1950s film.  I've shown you the facts, I've shown you Bomber Harris's caustic summary but either you can't read them or you have decided your false beliefs are not to be challenged.  Looking through other threads on this site it seems either or both could be true.  You either don't read or you don't comprehend others' posts.     

Quote from: papasmurf on March 21, 2023, 09:52:21 PM
You really are spouting rubbish,. (Seriously.) The 1950s films is just that a film, with a lot of fiction in it.  Full details of the raid on the dams was not released for decades afterwards because they were covered by the official secrets act.
And when those details were released the previous official narrative was shown to be full of lies.  One could even say Scamton lies.

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 21, 2023, 02:24:19 PM
Tell that to Bomber Harris who say about that raid "I have seen nothing... to show that the effort was worthwhile except as a spectacular operation."

And that's before it emerged that the death toll of allied prisoners plus civilians was horrendous.

Yes it diverted some German resources but that's to ignore the appalling losses in the raid and the diversion of resources for months preparing for it. 

You probably celebrate Scott's Antarctic failure as some sort of great achievement.

Anyway Scampton is nothing to preserve, use it as our Guantanemo

Frankly you are pig ignorant of history. You have reached my not trying to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person limit.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on March 21, 2023, 12:51:03 PM
That you do not understand the historical importance of RAF Scampton is a disgrace, you ought to be ashamed of yourself. That Dambusters raid had the emergent property of the Germans moving a massive number of troops and materiel from the channel coast to guard dams and other important sites. That meant the D-Day landings had  lot less casualties than the "top brass," expected.
Tell that to Bomber Harris who say about that raid "I have seen nothing... to show that the effort was worthwhile except as a spectacular operation."

And that's before it emerged that the death toll of allied prisoners plus civilians was horrendous.

Yes it diverted some German resources but that's to ignore the appalling losses in the raid and the diversion of resources for months preparing for it.   

You probably celebrate Scott's Antarctic failure as some sort of great achievement.

Anyway Scampton is nothing to preserve, use it as our Guantanemo 

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on March 20, 2023, 07:28:01 PM
Frankly I am in a state of shock about the proposal to turn such an important part of British history into a detention centre for immigrants. Please sign the petition:-
A landmark deal had already been agreed to unlock £300 million of investment in a hotel, new homes, shops, restaurants and bars at RAF Scampton.

Gainsborough MP Sir Edward Leigh said: "I have had conversations with the Home Office and their view was that using Scampton to house asylum seekers would not spoil the £300 million deal, but my view, and that of West Lindsey District Council, and the private partner, is very different: that it would have implications for the deal..."

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/local-news/mp-sir-edward-leigh-wants-8238726
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 21, 2023, 12:15:29 PM
What because I pointed out the true heritage of Scampton?  And remember you couldn't refute a word I posted. 

We rightly have war memorials to those who gave their lives, there's even a dedicated one to Bomber command, no one is saying raze them to build these needed camps.  But Scampton is no precious national emotional asset, either get over it or start campaigning to house these 'migrants' in your back water.  You've already told us there's over 10 miles of economic wasteland between you and civilisation so should be easy for you to draft such a plan.
That you do not understand the historical importance of RAF Scampton is a disgrace, you ought to be ashamed of yourself. That Dambusters raid had the emergent property of the Germans moving a massive number of troops and materiel from the channel coast to guard dams and other important sites. That meant the D-Day landings had  lot less casualties than the "top brass," expected.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on March 21, 2023, 09:01:40 AM
Mate frankly you are sick.
What because I pointed out the true heritage of Scampton?   And remember you couldn't refute a word I posted.  

We rightly have war memorials to those who gave their lives, there's even a dedicated one to Bomber command, no one is saying raze them to build these needed camps.  But Scampton is no precious national emotional asset, either get over it or start campaigning to house these 'migrants' in your back water.  You've already told us there's over 10 miles of economic wasteland between you and civilisation so should be easy for you to draft such a plan. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 21, 2023, 08:27:38 AM
So you think it should be preserved for all time as some wonderful asset all because it was used for a botched raid that killed Allied prisoners and hundreds of raids to kill non combatant civilians?

How stupid
Mate frankly you are sick.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on March 21, 2023, 07:27:55 AM
It is a very important part of British history. I am frankly shocked that you seem unaware of that.
Far more at link:-

• 2 days ago
A group of world-renowned historians have written to the government opposing plans to house asylum seekers at a historic air base.

Earlier this month, West Lindsey District Council confirmed RAF Scampton in Lincolnshire was being considered as an asylum centre by the Home Office.
The airfield was the HQ of the famous World War Two Dambusters 617 squadron.
But historian James Holland said there were other less historically important sites to house migrants.
The World War Two expert said Home Secretary Suella Braverman would have the letter, signed by "a raft of historians and broadcasters", by Monday.

So you think it should be preserved for all time as some wonderful asset all because it was used for a botched raid that killed Allied prisoners and hundreds of raids to kill non combatant civilians?

How stupid

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 20, 2023, 11:30:04 PM
No it is not.  It's just a tired old airbase. 
It is a very important part of British history. I am frankly shocked that you seem unaware of that.
Far more at link:-

• 2 days ago
A group of world-renowned historians have written to the government opposing plans to house asylum seekers at a historic air base.

Earlier this month, West Lindsey District Council confirmed RAF Scampton in Lincolnshire was being considered as an asylum centre by the Home Office.
The airfield was the HQ of the famous World War Two Dambusters 617 squadron.
But historian James Holland said there were other less historically important sites to house migrants.
The World War Two expert said Home Secretary Suella Braverman would have the letter, signed by "a raft of historians and broadcasters", by Monday.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on March 20, 2023, 08:40:23 PM
It has stopped a multi-£million development of the area, that would have preserved the 617 Squadron memorabilia, kept the runway in use are created 1000 jobs. The Home Office are a disgrace.

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/local-news/developers-say-plans-transform-raf-8265094
The home office has been a discrace for years failing in every one of its responsabilities . They are though where they are and having failed on border control  need detention centres , ex military bases are as good as anything . If you have any other suggestions Im sure the home office would be all ears 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on March 20, 2023, 08:30:16 PM
Philistine. It is a VERY important part of British History.
No it is not.  It's just a tired old airbase.  

No Magna Carta like document was signed there, no national or civil war battles fought there, no parliament ever there, no royal palace ever there, no FA Cup finals, no major cultural events there, no famous prisoners, no gold mines, no oil fields,

A few planes took off from there in 1943 to kill a whole stack of Nazi held Allied prisoners in a spectacularly tragic and long covered up own goal but that's hardly something to celebrate the base for is it