Cost of living: Food banks used by 3% of UK families

Started by papasmurf, March 23, 2023, 01:57:46 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on March 24, 2023, 06:57:58 PM
No data on how many had chosen 24 cans of Kestrel lager over budgeting and actually feeding their family then!!
I had had a few beers just before crimbo and as I walked passed the charity food box thought feck it merry Christmas (to someone) and dropped a box of stella on the top .
I did wonder if it found a good home , maybe Papa can tell me if they accept drink at the food banks , just in case I have a moment of weakness again 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on March 24, 2023, 06:57:58 PM
No data on how many had chosen 24 cans of Kestrel lager over budgeting and actually feeding their family then!!

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on March 23, 2023, 01:57:46 PM
The latest stats when published will be worse than these because of the rise in the cost of living:-
More at link:-
Cost of living: Food banks used by 3% of UK families - BBC News

55 minutes ago
About 3% of families in the UK - at least 2.1 million people - used a food bank in the year to March 2022, according to official figures.
That rose to about one in nine (11%) for families receiving state income-related benefits.

Those in the north of England and Scotland were most likely to have used a food bank in the previous 12 months compared to the rest of the UK.

These are the first Department for Work and Pensions figures on food bank use.

The data was collected between April 2021 and March 2022, with people asked if they had been to a food bank in the last 12 months and last 30 days. So the figures cover some of the pandemic but miss most of the energy price crisis, which hit in April 2022.
It comes amid the continuing cost-of-living crisis, with prices rising more than expected, according to new inflation figures released this week.

No data on how many had chosen 24 cans of Kestrel lager over budgeting and actually feeding their family then!!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

The latest stats when published will be worse than these because of the rise in the cost of living:-
More at link:-
Cost of living: Food banks used by 3% of UK families - BBC News

55 minutes ago
About 3% of families in the UK - at least 2.1 million people - used a food bank in the year to March 2022, according to official figures.
That rose to about one in nine (11%) for families receiving state income-related benefits.

Those in the north of England and Scotland were most likely to have used a food bank in the previous 12 months compared to the rest of the UK.

These are the first Department for Work and Pensions figures on food bank use.

The data was collected between April 2021 and March 2022, with people asked if they had been to a food bank in the last 12 months and last 30 days. So the figures cover some of the pandemic but miss most of the energy price crisis, which hit in April 2022.
It comes amid the continuing cost-of-living crisis, with prices rising more than expected, according to new inflation figures released this week.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe