Main Menu

Telly Tubbies

Started by Nick, April 01, 2023, 09:41:25 PM

« previous - next »

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: patman post on April 02, 2023, 05:37:24 PM
Without attracting any passing trade, I guess it's always been just a matter of time.

It's always had different styles under various owners and managers — though that's going so far back I'm finding it difficult to compose a list of past incarnations.

I can remember BDF, but I'm sure there were others before that. Or perhaps I'm getting confused with the forums that followed the takeover of Gumtree and the closure of its general forums...
Yes making the forum invisible to non members is a strange move unless the plan was to wind it down

patman post

Without attracting any passing trade, I guess it's always been just a matter of time.

It's always had different styles under various owners and managers — though that's going so far back I'm finding it difficult to compose a list of past incarnations.

I can remember BDF, but I'm sure there were others before that. Or perhaps I'm getting confused with the forums that followed the takeover of Gumtree and the closure of its general forums...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on April 01, 2023, 09:41:25 PM
As they say, The Sun is Setting in the Sky.

24th May is renewal day for the forum and I don't see any reason to renew, so unless the usage increases I won't be renewing and another one bites the dust. I'm sure there will be another free but unusable forum setup by the usual suspects, that constantly crashes and has that many swear filters it beggars belief.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
Would be a shame but no one owes you anything.  As Borchester says:  "well done you"

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on April 01, 2023, 09:41:25 PM

24th May is renewal day for the forum and I don't see any reason to renew, so unless the usage increases I won't be renewing and another one bites the dust. I'm sure there will be another free but unusable forum setup by the usual suspects, that constantly crashes and has that many swear filters it beggars belief.

That is a shame.

You have done a good job keeping the forum going, so well done you Nick
Algerie Francais !

Nick

24th May is renewal day for the forum and I don't see any reason to renew, so unless the usage increases I won't be renewing and another one bites the dust. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.