General Election — is the outcome certain?

Started by patman post, April 02, 2023, 06:04:46 PM

« previous - next »

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: HDQQ on April 11, 2023, 08:59:02 AM
We can't be 100% sure of the outcome of any future election but a Tory win in the next election looks most unlikely. An added factor in recent days is the turmoil in the SNP and how that will impact the next election.

I'll be voting Lib Dem in the next election because that is the only party in our constituency that has any chance of beating the Tories. Labour always comes a poor third.
Agreed and ditto (plus I can't vote Labour with some of their policies and recent antics)

HDQQ

We can't be 100% sure of the outcome of any future election but a Tory win in the next election looks most unlikely. An added factor in recent days is the turmoil in the SNP and how that will impact the next election.

I'll be voting Lib Dem in the next election because that is the only party in our constituency that has any chance of beating the Tories. Labour always comes a poor third.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 04, 2023, 01:14:49 PM
That the conservatives installed Sunak rather than elected him , that Johnson and then Truss were disposed of by the Westminster rabble  rather than the membership or electorate  has taken them out of the equation of who to vote for many . Sunaks surrender to the EU has given anyone thats left in his camp further food for thought .

The conservatives are dead in the water

Labour can't speak without putting their foot in it so have taken on impersinating Monastic monks . Nobody knows what they stand for apart from agreeing that women dont have dicks . Well that was yesterday , they may have changed their minds today

The Lib dems have all gone to live in Luxembourg

The greens have failed due to the frost

Pat  Rice sorry Richard Tice has decided not to reform but to buy a season ticket for Arsenal as they are a better bet

Nigel has gone fishing

So I guess its all to play for ???
Like I've said a few times, Labour went way too early. I'm betting the Tories have something big on Labour and Starmer. The ain't just sitting there wsiting, that's for sure. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

That the conservatives installed Sunak rather than elected him , that Johnson and then Truss were disposed of by the Westminster rabble  rather than the membership or electorate  has taken them out of the equation of who to vote for many . Sunaks surrender to the EU has given anyone thats left in his camp further food for thought .

The conservatives are dead in the water 

Labour can't speak without putting their foot in it so have taken on impersinating Monastic monks . Nobody knows what they stand for apart from agreeing that women dont have dicks . Well that was yesterday , they may have changed their minds today 

The Lib dems have all gone to live in Luxembourg 

The greens have failed due to the frost 

Pat  Rice sorry Richard Tice has decided not to reform but to buy a season ticket for Arsenal as they are a better bet 

Nigel has gone fishing 

So I guess its all to play for ???

patman post

Quote from: johnofgwent on April 02, 2023, 09:54:31 PM
Unsurprisingly i am more inclined to say a leader's or front bench's personal unpopularity is far more likely to torpedo a party than popularity resurrect it.

If someone other than a Tory is in the big chair in a year and a half, the fault will be Sunaks.
I guess the top guy always carries the can, but a party that's infighting with the different factions scrapping so viciously doesn't deserve to be in power. 

The rot began after Cameron left — the Conservatives couldn't find a strong enough leader able to get even a veneer of unity — and its fate was probably sealed by Johnson's antics and Truss. 

Sunak has an almost impossible job which he cannot do unless his party unites behind him (or gives that impression) in the run up to the election...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Unsurprisingly i am more inclined to say a leader's or front bench's personal unpopularity is far more likely to torpedo a party than popularity resurrect it.

If someone other than a Tory is in the big chair in a year and a half, the fault will be Sunaks.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

It's not looking good for the Tories — in February 2023, Ipsos puts Labour on 50% and Conservatives on 25% answer to question: How would you vote if there were an election tomorrow?

But Rishi Sunak's approval rating is rising. In March, the favourable opinion for Keir Starmer was 31% and Sunak was 29%.

I guess one question is: can a leader's popularity drag an unpopular party back into the running...?

https://www.ipsos.com/en-uk/uk-opinion-polls
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...