Labour to make fly-tippers join clean-up squads as cases rise to nearly 3,000 per day

Started by SKY News, April 05, 2023, 07:00:19 PM

« previous - next »

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 06, 2023, 09:45:44 PM
You could but then we would have the problem of not having anyone to tow the caravan away
;D

Simples, crush the caravan as well.  In fact any caravan on the roads between 5 am and midnight should be confiscated and crushed anyway

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 06, 2023, 09:07:09 AM
Option 2 looks good.  Could leave them in the vehicle when it's crushed cutting out that flogging and patrol malarkey
You could but then we would have the problem of not having anyone to tow the caravan away

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 06, 2023, 07:11:55 AM
As I see it there are 2 options to the fly tipping problem

1 .Make council dumps accessible to trade vehichles , vans and tippers .

2 . Crush the vehicles give them a flogging and  12 months on litter patrol  .

I read in a trade mag a while back that most fly tipping happens close to council dumps . It was concluded that there is a will to use them if they were open longer hours and took the hieght restriction /van ban  away ..Its ridiculas that after having your kitchen refitted you have to make 10 journey's in the Range Rover when you could make one in the Ford Transit
Option 2 looks good.  Could leave them in the vehicle when it's crushed cutting out that flogging and patrol malarkey

Streetwalker

As I see it there are 2 options to the fly tipping problem 

1 .Make council dumps accessible to trade vehichles , vans and tippers . 

2 . Crush the vehicles give them a flogging and  12 months on litter patrol  . 

I read in a trade mag a while back that most fly tipping happens close to council dumps . It was concluded that there is a will to use them if they were open longer hours and took the hieght restriction /van ban  away ..Its ridiculas that after having your kitchen refitted you have to make 10 journey's in the Range Rover when you could make one in the Ford Transit 

SKY News

Labour to make fly-tippers join clean-up squads as cases rise to nearly 3,000 per day

Labour will force fly-tippers to work in "clean-up squads" if it wins power at the next election.

Source: Labour to make fly-tippers join clean-up squads as cases rise to nearly 3,000 per day