Rule breakers.

Started by Nick, April 07, 2023, 08:35:38 PM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on April 23, 2023, 07:51:55 PM
Have you been living under a rock? Do you think someone who has come across from Tunisia to Italy is going to fess up to where they landed in the EU, and they'll have destroyed or hidden their passport, making it impossible to remove them. And do you think Germany is going to accept 2 million Syrians back because the rest of the EU don't want them.
No, not all Syrians are terrorists, have you got a list of the ones that are? NO, you haven't, so your point is baseless.
You can make up the narrative all you want, it's not reality, it's scaremongering and xenophobic. 80% of refugees/asylum seekers end up in a neighbouring country. You went from talking about not been able to stop them to you can't stop the illegal ones. When you were in the EU, all those taken from boats in the channel could have been sent straight back to France, now you can't, not much of a brexit benefit.
There were terrorists attacks in NI from both the nationalist and unionist communities. Should we then label all British and Irish people as terrorists. You seem very fearful of Syrians, how many terrorist attacks have they done

Nick

Quote from: HDQQ on April 23, 2023, 10:35:17 PM
Exactly!
And I believe that if we'd joined the Euro and Schengen, we'd still be in the EU. There would have been even more to lose by leaving and Farage would have had a harder job conning the British people with misinformation.
That's just your small mindedness. We didn't leave anything, we rejoined the biggest economy in the world, it's call the global market, and by doing so we reduced your beloved EU by a massive amount. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 12, 2023, 11:29:20 AM
Rubbish ^

You had a GE in 1970 that gave authority to join the EEC
You had a referendum in 1975 to OK stating n on renegotiated terms
You had a GE in 1992 that voted in a party openly committed to join the EU
Please show the manifesto's showing this.
Major had to threaten his cabinet with disbanding parliament to get stuff done, is that your view of democracy?

HDQQ

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 12, 2023, 11:29:20 AM
Rubbish ^

You had a GE in 1970 that gave authority to join the EEC
You had a referendum in 1975 to OK stating n on renegotiated terms
You had a GE in 1992 that voted in a party openly committed to join the EU
Exactly!
And I believe that if we'd joined the Euro and Schengen, we'd still be in the EU. There would have been even more to lose by leaving and Farage would have had a harder job conning the British people with misinformation.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on April 23, 2023, 07:37:04 PM
The EU rule is the Dublin Agreement. Migrants/asylum seekers can be sent back to the country that they first entered the EU. Thats been in force since '97. Readily available to the UK if it had wanted to send back migrants/asylum seekers when it was in the EU. Now that you're out you can't send them back, sort of ironic as its the total opposite of what brexit was about.

So all syrian refugees are bomb makers, is that all of the 5.5million syrian refugees/asylum seekers ? and we can stop them coming to IRL, EU rules. (see above if your still confused)

I think most people begging, given the choice would prefer a job and steady wage, I guess you think there just lazy.
Have you been living under a rock? Do you think someone who has come across from Tunisia to Italy is going to fess up to where they landed in the EU, and they'll have destroyed or hidden their passport, making it impossible to remove them. And do you think Germany is going to accept 2 million Syrians back because the rest of the EU don't want them. 
No, not all Syrians are terrorists, have you got a list of the ones that are? NO, you haven't, so your point is baseless. 

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on April 23, 2023, 04:30:15 PM
What you call an explanation is just you saying that it's EU rules.
So now you're saying IRL wants Syrians begging on every corner, you know how ridiculous that sounds? The truth is you can't stop them cause Germany let them in unilaterally.

And the other point you continually fail to get is some of these people don't come to get a better life, they come to blow you up.
The EU rule is the Dublin Agreement. Migrants/asylum seekers can be sent back to the country that they first entered the EU. Thats been in force since '97. Readily available to the UK if it had wanted to send back migrants/asylum seekers when it was in the EU. Now that you're out you can't send them back, sort of ironic as its the total opposite of what brexit was about.

So all syrian refugees are bomb makers, is that all of the 5.5million syrian refugees/asylum seekers ? and we can stop them coming to IRL, EU rules. (see above if your still confused)

I think most people begging, given the choice would prefer a job and steady wage, I guess you think there just lazy.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on April 23, 2023, 01:32:32 PM
This has been explained to you a dozen times. If IRL doesn't want those refugees in IRL, then none will be here, that's allowed under EU rules. For an EU citizen (it could take 10yrs for a refugee to get EU citizenship) to come and stay in another EU country they have to have either a Job or a means to support themselves, so even with citizenship they are guaranteed of getting into another EU country to stay. You should know this, its been mentioned multiple times on here.  I take it you have it on good authority that all syrians are beggars.

Maybe you haven't factored in that we welcome refugees and want them to be here. They can integrate with society and we all benefit, a novel idea.
What you call an explanation is just you saying that it's EU rules. 
So now you're saying IRL wants Syrians begging on every corner, you know how ridiculous that sounds? The truth is you can't stop them cause Germany let them in unilaterally. 

And the other point you continually fail to get is some of these people don't come to get a better life, they come to blow you up. 

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on April 21, 2023, 01:29:43 PM
WTF are you talking about? Merkel let in over a million Syrian 'refugees', all of which will be entitled to an EU passport at some point. You need to open your eyes the next time you walk through the centre of Dublin, thousands of these Syrians begging.
This has been explained to you a dozen times. If IRL doesn't want those refugees in IRL, then none will be here, that's allowed under EU rules. For an EU citizen (it could take 10yrs for a refugee to get EU citizenship) to come and stay in another EU country they have to have either a Job or a means to support themselves, so even with citizenship they are guaranteed of getting into another EU country to stay. You should know this, its been mentioned multiple times on here.  I take it you have it on good authority that all syrians are beggars.

Maybe you haven't factored in that we welcome refugees and want them to be here. They can integrate with society and we all benefit, a novel idea.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on April 21, 2023, 07:52:52 AM
Syria isn't in the EU.
You could change that sentence and replace Syrian with 'brit' and it makes as much sense.
WTF are you talking about? Merkel let in over a million Syrian 'refugees', all of which will be entitled to an EU passport at some point. You need to open your eyes the next time you walk through the centre of Dublin, thousands of these Syrians begging. 

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on April 19, 2023, 09:54:27 PM
And there it is, proof you don't get it. A Syrian that is affiliated to ISIS for example doesn't give a monkeys about the dole. They won't be around long enough to claim it, they'll be in a million bits inside an arena for example.
Syria isn't in the EU.
You could change that sentence and replace Syrian with 'brit' and it makes as much sense.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on April 19, 2023, 04:39:15 PM
Thanks for telling me I don't get it. What you're failing to consider is two things.

First as has been pointed out the process for Citizenship is long and painful, by the time an refugee received it they would most likely be knitted into their locality. Possibly kids in schools, a job, friends etc... Unless you think they have a 10yr plan, like a sleeper russian spy.

[highlight]Second, if an EU citizen arrives in another EU country they can't just go on the dole. [/highlight]They must prove that they have the means to support themselves for a min of 6mths, either money in the bank or a job. If they can't do that then they can be sent back to where they came from. The EU citizen can't claim the dole or any benefits for those 6mths. The UK didn't do that, why not ?

Not directly related but if an EU citizen say came to IRL, and used the health service, all those costs can be claimed from the persons home country, we do that, Germany, France, Spain... they all do that. But when the UK was in the EU it wasn't arsed claiming that money back ? why ?
Now that you're out of the EU you can't reclaim any health costs for EU citizens in the UK, you can't ship  emigrants back to where they came from. Are these Brexit benefits ?
And there it is, proof you don't get it. A Syrian that is affiliated to ISIS for example doesn't give a monkeys about the dole. They won't be around long enough to claim it, they'll be in a million bits inside an arena for example. 

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on April 19, 2023, 09:27:00 AM
You don't get it Gerry, these two million let in by Merkel will any time soon be able to claim EU citizenship, if not all ready. They can now roam free anywhere with an EU passport, and that would have included the U.K. 
Thanks for telling me I don't get it. What you're failing to consider is two things.

First as has been pointed out the process for Citizenship is long and painful, by the time an refugee received it they would most likely be knitted into their locality. Possibly kids in schools, a job, friends etc... Unless you think they have a 10yr plan, like a sleeper russian spy.

Second, if an EU citizen arrives in another EU country they can't just go on the dole. They must prove that they have the means to support themselves for a min of 6mths, either money in the bank or a job. If they can't do that then they can be sent back to where they came from. The EU citizen can't claim the dole or any benefits for those 6mths. The UK didn't do that, why not ?

Not directly related but if an EU citizen say came to IRL, and used the health service, all those costs can be claimed from the persons home country, we do that, Germany, France, Spain... they all do that. But when the UK was in the EU it wasn't arsed claiming that money back ? why ?
Now that you're out of the EU you can't reclaim any health costs for EU citizens in the UK, you can't ship  emigrants back to where they came from. Are these Brexit benefits ?

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on April 19, 2023, 09:27:00 AM
You don't get it Gerry, these two million let in by Merkel will any time soon be able to claim EU citizenship, if not all ready. They can now roam free anywhere with an EU passport, and that would have included the U.K. 
Nope.  It's years before they can claim citizenship of the asylum granting country and years after that before they get EU citizen status.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on April 17, 2023, 02:12:17 PM
When you were an EU member and any of those refugees came from any other EU country you could have sent them back to that country, now you are out, you can't do that, you should under UNHCR rules be taking them in for processing, but the border act breaks some of these, but that's a whole different discussion.

Breaching Schengen does not mean you can go where you want, EU countries do send migrants back to where they came from, do you know why the UK chose not to do that ?

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on April 12, 2023, 04:56:57 PM
And it means once you've breached the exterior which is happening on an hourly basis they are in. Also I don't think Merkel allowing 2 million unknowns in is classified as maintaining your borders.
When you were an EU member and any of those refugees came from any other EU country you could have sent them back to that country, now you are out, you can't do that, you should under UNHCR rules be taking them in for processing, but the border act breaks some of these, but that's a whole different discussion.

Breaching Schengen does not mean you can go where you want, EU countries do send migrants back to where they came from, do you know why the UK chose not to do that ?