Rule breakers.

Started by Nick, April 07, 2023, 08:35:38 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 26, 2023, 09:17:54 AM
You are just trying to deny that business confidence, investment and as a result the £ and real GDP dropped as soon as the referendum was confirmed in 2015. 

My figures come from the widely respected Trading Economics site

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/indicators

and

https://tradingeconomics.com/euro-area/indicators
The pound didn't drop, it was deliberately forced down by futures traders. They bought billions of USD at around 1.4, took GBP down to almost parity, bought the GBP back and then started to bring it back to its usual level. It had very little to do Brexit. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 26, 2023, 09:17:54 AM
You are just trying to deny that business confidence, investment and as a result the £ and real GDP dropped as soon as the referendum was confirmed in 2015. 

and

You have to understand that when it comes to the damage that has been done and continues to be done by Brexit, Nick has cognitive dissonance.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on April 26, 2023, 06:22:51 AM
Is that you Smurf? Putting forth a pathetic excuse of an answer cause you don't have a reel one? Funny how the EU dropped off a Cliff to the tune of almost 15% in 2015 when the referendum was announced. And you have no response to the fact that the U.K. has done better than the EU in actual figures since Brexit. Gerry is so confused he's asking me where your figures have come from lol lol lol
You are just trying to deny that business confidence, investment and as a result the £ and real GDP dropped as soon as the referendum was confirmed in 2015.  

and

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 25, 2023, 10:20:48 PM
The impact of Brexit started in 2015 when the referendum was confirmed.  Just deal with it.
Is that you Smurf? Putting forth a pathetic excuse of an answer cause you don't have a reel one? Funny how the EU dropped off a Cliff to the tune of almost 15% in 2015 when the referendum was announced. And you have no response to the fact that the U.K. has done better than the EU in actual figures since Brexit. Gerry is so confused he's asking me where your figures have come from lol lol lol

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on April 25, 2023, 09:13:55 PM
All you've done is pick the lowest to highest peaks for the EU which is you just picking data to prove your point. Another point you didn't mention is that the 2015 EU data includes the U.K. which isn't part of the EU now. Same as Gerry when he mentions we left a market of 500 million, no we left a market of 430 million and joined a market of circa 7 billion.

How about we look at the data Pre-Brexit to the last figure you posted, which shows U.K. growth of 14% and only 11% for the EU, even using Dollars.
The impact of Brexit started in 2015 when the referendum was confirmed.  Just deal with it.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on April 25, 2023, 09:35:09 PM
From memory I've said the EU IS 450m, that's close enough to what it is without the UK.
Nick I've posted the UK gdp from 2016 to 2023, it is falling behind the EU and G7. That's not a snap shot, it's reality. Care to share the source for your 14 & 11%
Not my source, it's U4S graph. And no, you said 500 million.
The fact is Gerry, you came out with a huge statement that the U.K. was dropping like a stone and we are not, you can either accept that you were wrong and we move on or we just keep going over the same shit.

Never in any of my posts have I said Brexit hasn't had an impact, what I always said is that the impact has not been seen yet!! Unless, of course if our autonomous response to Covid and the Russia situation has helped us, we just don't know. And Remainers saying Brexit did this that and the other is just not true. Nothing will be clear until Putin has a bit of lead in his ear. 

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on April 25, 2023, 09:13:55 PM
All you've done is pick the lowest to highest peaks for the EU which is you just picking data to prove your point. Another point you didn't mention is that the 2015 EU data includes the U.K. which isn't part of the EU now. Same as Gerry when he mentions we left a market of 500 million, no we left a market of 430 million and joined a market of circa 7 billion.

How about we look at the data Pre-Brexit to the last figure you posted, which shows U.K. growth of 14% and only 11% for the EU, even using Dollars.
From memory I've said the EU IS 450m, that's close enough to what it is without the UK.
Nick I've posted the UK gdp from 2016 to 2023, it is falling behind the EU and G7. That's not a snap shot, it's reality. Care to share the source for your 14 & 11%

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 25, 2023, 07:20:57 PM
Anyone can appear to have growth by devaluing the currency as we have.  Mugabe for example had phenomenal growth measured in Zimbabwean currency. 

Now look at UK v Eurozone GDP using an internationally comparable currency like the US$ 

UK GDP up 5.7% from 2015

Eurozone GDP up 21% from 2015

All you've done is pick the lowest to highest peaks for the EU which is you just picking data to prove your point. Another point you didn't mention is that the 2015 EU data includes the U.K. which isn't part of the EU now. Same as Gerry when he mentions we left a market of 500 million, no we left a market of 430 million and joined a market of circa 7 billion. 

How about we look at the data Pre-Brexit to the last figure you posted, which shows U.K. growth of 14% and only 11% for the EU, even using Dollars. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on April 25, 2023, 05:15:26 PM
We are still coming out of Covid and Russia is having a massive effect, until those have settled down we won't see any sign of Brexit. And as every leave voter on here said, it's the long term gains we are looking at, we were happy for the short term hits.

This is the data from 2005, you'll see Covid hit us almost 3 times harder than 2008 yet the recovery is almost identical. I can't see any Brexit in it, can you?

Anyone can appear to have growth by devaluing the currency as we have.  Mugabe for example had phenomenal growth measured in Zimbabwean currency.  

Now look at UK v Eurozone GDP using an internationally comparable currency like the US$   

UK GDP up 5.7% from 2015 

Eurozone GDP up 21% from 2015

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on April 25, 2023, 05:01:00 PM
If memory serves there was a significant number of haven't got a clues before the referendum and with both sides peddling lies that is no surprise.
Could also quite easily be family members holding out to other family members. The fact is, out of the 168 polls conducted 66% got it wrong, so you can forget using that data. 

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 25, 2023, 04:57:51 PM
Jeez you are getting desperate if you have to make up idiot false stories like that

If you wanted to communicate that you really are worried about Brexit and how people are going to react about it you could hardly do a better job.

Brexit has resulted in some gains and losses but in net terms has hurt the country, not massively but noticeably particularly on the economy, NI stability and our ability to deter boat people.  And professional poll after professional poll indicated that even if you haven't worked that out, most Brits have.
We are still coming out of Covid and Russia is having a massive effect, until those have settled down we won't see any sign of Brexit. And as every leave voter on here said, it's the long term gains we are looking at, we were happy for the short term hits. 

This is the data from 2005, you'll see Covid hit us almost 3 times harder than 2008 yet the recovery is almost identical. I can't see any Brexit in it, can you?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on April 25, 2023, 04:58:32 PM
Ah, you mean where over 60% of pollsters got the result so wrong they predicted a Remain vote? That methodology?

So tell me Smurf, how do they get the opinion of people if they don't actually ask them?
If memory serves there was a significant number of haven't got a clues before the referendum and with both sides peddling lies that is no surprise.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on April 25, 2023, 04:48:50 PM
They use methodology developed over a long time to get accurate(ish) results. They rarely these days stop people the street.
Ah, you mean where over 60% of pollsters got the result so wrong they predicted a Remain vote? That methodology?

So tell me Smurf, how do they get the opinion of people if they don't actually ask them?

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on April 25, 2023, 04:33:24 PM
Are, you mean the polls where, for example.
A family of 4 are stopped in the street, mum, dad and 2 early 20 year old children who are rabid woke Remainers.
The whole family say yes we are remain voters, mum and dad can't be bothered to state they are actually leave voters because they don't want another argument over dinner.
So no you don't have a clue how people intended to vote or even less about why.

You're going to tell me this is far fetched and didn't happen but the reality is that tons of people most likely will have lied to other family members about their intentions knowing full well they'll never find out.
Jeez you are getting desperate if you have to make up idiot false stories like that 

If you wanted to communicate that you really are worried about Brexit and how people are going to react about it you could hardly do a better job.

Brexit has resulted in some gains and losses but in net terms has hurt the country, not massively but noticeably particularly on the economy, NI stability and our ability to deter boat people.  And professional poll after professional poll indicated that even if you haven't worked that out, most Brits have.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on April 25, 2023, 04:46:40 PM
They don't use water boarding, I know that.
They use methodology developed over a long time to get accurate(ish) results. They rarely these days stop people the street.