The polls

Started by Borchester, April 10, 2023, 01:43:38 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Borchester on April 15, 2023, 10:35:10 PM
And for period 2 April 2023 to 14 April 2023..

Labour                44.8.%  +0.1 %

Conservatives    28.1      - 0.6 %

Lib Dems              9.8%    No Change

Reform                  6.2%    + 0.3%

Green                    5.0%    + 0.3%

SNP                        3.6%    +0.3%

So it looks as thought the electorate are bothered by by Tory sleaze after all and given the Conservatives a kicking and Labour a pat on the back, much to the benefit of Reform, the Greens and the SNP, all of whom have broadened their bottoms.

And for period 5 April 2023 to 16 April 2023..

Labour                    44.3.%   - 0.5 %

Conservatives        28.8        + 0.7 %

Lib Dems                  9.7%     - 0.1%

Reform                     6.1%     - 0.1%

Green                       5.2%    + 0.2%

SNP                          3.3%    - 0.3%

looks like Labour's ungallant attack on Mrs Sunak has backfired and everyone else losing except for the Greens

Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on April 15, 2023, 11:17:42 PM
Starmer has a skeleton in his closet that is poised to come out I am sure. There's been nothing at all from the Tories, they'll be doing everything to flush labour down the toilet.

I can't see it doing him any harm. Starmer is such a dreary bugger that if it turned out that he
had a major share holding in Catamites PLC, it would just make him more interesting.
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on April 15, 2023, 10:35:10 PM

Labour                44.8.%  +0.1 %

Conservatives    28.1      - 0.6 %

Lib Dems              9.8%    No Change

Reform                  6.2%    + 0.3%

Green                    5.0%    + 0.3%

SNP                        3.6%    +0.3%

So it looks as thought the electorate are bothered by by Tory sleaze after all and given the Conservatives a kicking and Labour a pat on the back, much to the benefit of Reform, the Greens and the SNP, all of whom have broadened their bottoms.
Starmer has a skeleton in his closet that is poised to come out I am sure. There's been nothing at all from the Tories, they'll be doing everything to flush labour down the toilet. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: Borchester on April 14, 2023, 12:05:52 PM
Usually bollocks, but fun

So for the period 29 March 2023 - 7 April 2023.....

Labour                44.8%

Conservatives    27.9%

Lib Dems            9.6%

Reform              5.9%

Green                4.9%

SNP                    3.6%

Buggered if I know how that translates into seats, but if anyone has a template, I would be much obliged

And for the period 29 March 2023 - 9 April 2023...

Labour                  45.%            +0.2 %

Conservatives      28.5 %        +0.6 %

Lib Dems                9.7%        +0.1 %

Reform                    5.9%        No change

Green                      4.7%      -0.2 %

SNP                        3.2%      -0.4 %

So it looks as though all the three main parties are picking up votes, Reform is standing still, the Greens have yet to notice the dream of Spring and the SNP has crossed Peter Murrell off its Christmas card list :)

And for the period 29 March 2023 - 13 April 2023...

Labour                      44.7.%  - 0.3 %

Conservatives          28.7 % +0.2 %

Lib Dems                    9.8% +0.1 %

Reform                      5.9% No change

Green                        4.7%  No Change

SNP                          3.3% +0.1%

So it looks as the electorate are not as bothered by by Tory sleaze as the brothers and sisters had hoped as the Labour vote has fallen and the Conservative risen. The Lib Dems are still picking up the Oh sod it vote, the SNP have decided to forgive Pete Murrell and everyone else is sitting on their hands and waiting for the shoe to drop

Labour                 44.8.%  +0.1 %

Conservatives     28.1      - 0.6 %

Lib Dems               9.8%    No Change

Reform                   6.2%    + 0.3%

Green                     5.0%    + 0.3%

SNP                        3.6%    +0.3%

Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Labour                44.8%

Conservatives    27.9%

Lib Dems            9.6%

Reform               5.9%

Green                 4.9%

SNP                    3.6%

Buggered if I know how that translates into seats, but if anyone has a template, I would be much obliged

Labour                   45.%            +0.2 %

Conservatives       28.5 %         +0.6 %

Lib Dems                 9.7%         +0.1 %

Reform                     5.9%        No change

Green                       4.7%       -0.2 %

SNP                         3.2%       -0.4 %

So it looks as though all the three main parties are picking up votes, Reform is standing still, the Greens have yet to notice the dream of Spring and the SNP has crossed Peter Murrell off its Christmas card list :)

And for the period 29 March 2023 - 13 April 2023...

Labour                       44.7.%  - 0.3 %

Conservatives           28.7 % +0.2 %

Lib Dems                    9.8% +0.1 %

Reform                       5.9% No change

Green                        4.7%  No Change

SNP                          3.3% +0.1%

So it looks as the electorate are not as bothered by by Tory sleaze as the brothers and sisters had hoped as the Labour vote has fallen and the Conservative risen. The Lib Dems are still picking up the Oh sod it vote, the SNP have decided to forgive Pete Murrell and everyone else is sitting on their hands and waiting for the shoe to drop
Algerie Francais !

morayloon

Quote from: Borchester on April 11, 2023, 09:47:28 PM

Except that they are not sacking Murrell. Despite the on the spot suspension of Michelle Thompson, Murrell stays
Quote from: Borchester on April 11, 2023, 09:47:28 PM

Except that Murrell is staying in post. Despite what the SNP did to Michelle Thomson they are not hounding Murrell out of office. Obviously there is a different rulebook for him. Thomson was suspended on the spot but was later found to have done nothing wrong. Margaret Ferrier was also suspended, just as soon as her travelling to London misdeed became known. She was to be found guilty but the point is that the high heid yins didn't wait for the mess to be sorted out before getting rid of her. I think the party leadership has a death wish.  MI5 sleepers awakening maybe;)

Borchester

Quote from: Borchester on April 10, 2023, 01:43:38 AM

Conservatives    27.9%

Lib Dems            9.6%

Reform              5.9%

Labour                   45.%            +0.2 %

Conservatives       28.5 %         +0.6 %

Lib Dems                 9.7%         +0.1 %

Reform                     5.9%        No change

Green                       4.7%       -0.2 %

SNP                         3.2%       -0.4 %

Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 10, 2023, 01:10:05 PM
Whose poll was that please?  Certainly looks like a disaster for Sunak.  There's still something like 18 months to a probable election date but it all looks like the swing voting public want a change even if it is frying pan to fire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_next_United_Kingdom_general_election

Algerie Francais !

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: srb7677 on April 10, 2023, 11:17:29 AM
Not sure how exactly it translates to seats, but in the past whenever either Labour or Tories have polled anything approaching 44.8%  in a general election it has resulted in landslide wins. And whenever either have polled in a general election anything nearly as low as 27.9% they have suffered an electoral disaster.

Though we should also bear in mind that such opinion polling often masks a lot of undecideds who have yet to make up their mind, and there is often a tendency for poll leads to narrow in a general election campaign. Plus there is still probably at the very least 18 months before a general election and a lot can change in that amount of time.

So it aint over until the fat lady sings.
Very true.  And a landslide win for any party is rarely a good thing

Unlucky4Sum

Conservatives    27.9%

Lib Dems            9.6%

Reform              5.9%

Whose poll was that please?  Certainly looks like a disaster for Sunak.  There's still something like 18 months to a probable election date but it all looks like the swing voting public want a change even if it is frying pan to fire.

srb7677

Conservatives    27.9%

Lib Dems            9.6%

Reform              5.9%

Not sure how exactly it translates to seats, but in the past whenever either Labour or Tories have polled anything approaching 44.8%  in a general election it has resulted in landslide wins. And whenever either have polled in a general election anything nearly as low as 27.9% they have suffered an electoral disaster.

Though we should also bear in mind that such opinion polling often masks a lot of undecideds who have yet to make up their mind, and there is often a tendency for poll leads to narrow in a general election campaign. Plus there is still probably at the very least 18 months before a general election and a lot can change in that amount of time.

So it aint over until the fat lady sings.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

Labour                44.8%

Conservatives    27.9%

Lib Dems            9.6%

Reform               5.9%

Green                 4.9%

SNP                    3.6%

Algerie Francais !