On the negotiations...

Started by BeElBeeBub, February 06, 2020, 06:21:33 PM

« previous - next »

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=15819 time=1581177958 user_id=63
Oh dear indeed

https://www.ft.com/david-allen-green">https://www.ft.com/david-allen-green

Find me ONE single article here that isn't stacked to plead the remainturd case.

"remainturd" is hardly going to help with the healing now is it?

He's pro leaving the EU and has been since Maastricht.  He used to work for Bill Cash alongside Dan Hannan.

This is why I follow him and why his criticism of Leave and their actions (in particular their actions regarding the constitution) is so valid.

johnofgwent

Quote from: BeElBeeBub post_id=15811 time=1581170646 user_id=88
Oh dear,

"I looked him up".....if your research skills were worth anything you would have noticed he was a leaver.

Oh dear indeed

https://www.ft.com/david-allen-green">https://www.ft.com/david-allen-green

Find me ONE single article here that isn't stacked to plead the remainturd case.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Oh dear,

"I looked him up".....if your research skills were worth anything you would have noticed he was a leaver.

I started following after the referendum because he was one of the few leavers who was realistic and level headed on what could be achieved. He engaged, thoughtfully with the issues and didn't resort to empty slogans and bluster.

His position hasn't really shifted.  He wants to leave the EU, but thinks the course undertaken by the Leave side is a disaster.

I have to admit, part of the reason to raise his post, was to see your knee jerk reactions....

"Arch remainer", "remainturd to the core", "who's ever heard of him"

You say this of someone who has been a Eurosceptic since Maastricht and used to work with Dan Hannah for Bill Cash.

You weren't addressing his post on it's merits, but simply attacking the author because "if he thinks Brexit is a bad idea he must be a remainer".

Now we have established the author's credentials, why don't you engage with the substance.

The next 6 months will be crucial in determining the future of the UK.  

On the one hand we have the EU who appear well prepared.  They know what they want and have a detailed plan on how to achieve it.

Then we have the UK, who still doesn't appear to know what it wants, let alone how to achieve it.

Last time this happened, after the UK invoked a50, the EU followed the same plan and published a draft and a process. The UK went with bluster.  The eventual agreement was pretty close to what the EU laid out in 2017.

But where is the substance. All he is doing is whingeing.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Oh dear,

I started following after the referendum because he was one of the few leavers who was realistic and level headed on what could be achieved. He engaged, thoughtfully with the issues and didn't resort to empty slogans and bluster.

His position hasn't really shifted.  He wants to leave the EU, but thinks the course undertaken by the Leave side is a disaster.

I have to admit, part of the reason to raise his post, was to see your knee jerk reactions....

You say this of someone who has been a Eurosceptic since Maastricht and used to work with Dan Hannah for Bill Cash.

You weren't addressing his post on it's merits, but simply attacking the author because "if he thinks Brexit is a bad idea he must be a remainer".

Now we have established the author's credentials, why don't you engage with the substance.

On the one hand we have the EU who appear well prepared.  They know what they want and have a detailed plan on how to achieve it.

Then we have the UK, who still doesn't appear to know what it wants, let alone how to achieve it.

Last time this happened, after the UK invoked a50, the EU followed the same plan and published a draft and a process. The UK went with bluster.  The eventual agreement was pretty close to what the EU laid out in 2017.

Well at least you haven't run away and hid as Javert suggested (I'm still waiting for him to post links that people on here believe in free speech but don't think media should be allowed to post anti brexit stuff)

Anyway at the risk of going a little off piste here I think many in business are not as concerned with Brexit as they are the present situation in China

(Javert said we'd blame it all on the corona virus :lol: ) but I've come across business people with serious concerns about the supply chain,many companies haven't returned from the Chinese new year and the postal service has all but shut down.

Like it or not it used to be if the US sneezes we all catch a cold in this case the economic consequences may well be much worse and your,mine the eu or Boris's stance might count for little.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Oh dear,

So on the strength of that post what would you like us to do? You say you are Eurosceptic but does that mean you would be happy half in half out?

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=15792 time=1581150841 user_id=50
David Allen Green? Isn't he an Arch Remainer? What else would we expect him to say?

Nice to see you've done with heavily partisan and selective commenting, Beelbeeb. Not. There's barely any point in reading your posts anymore."Brexit is poo".

Quote from: Barry post_id=15780 time=1581115484 user_id=51
No it doesn't, but you have a point.

Some solicitor for Preiskel and Co has a blog. Who's ever heard of him and what makes his opinion worth anything?

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=15803 time=1581158064 user_id=63
I looked him up

https://davidallengreen.com/2020/01/the-reasons-why-remain-was-defeated-a-contemporaneous-view/">https://davidallengreen.com/2020/01/the ... eous-view/">https://davidallengreen.com/2020/01/the-reasons-why-remain-was-defeated-a-contemporaneous-view/

A remainturd to the core. Here he is blogging on why Remain lost the fight. Not the fight to win the hearts and minds of the people, but lost the fight to frustrate the will of the people democratically expressed in the 2016 referendum.

Oh dear,

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester post_id=15806 time=1581158989 user_id=62
A photo finish between Fine Gael and Fianna Fail at the 10 oclock in the ROI. Sinn Fein are favoured but expected to end up a few lengths behind.

It should be fun but don't ask either Conor or Gerry for their opinions. I doubt they know where Ireland is.  :D

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Thank you cheered me up no end!

Borchester

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=15797 time=1581155033 user_id=50

I'm off down the bookies shortly. Got any tips for me?

A photo finish between Fine Gael and Fianna Fail at the 10 oclock in the ROI. Sinn Fein are favoured but expected to end up a few lengths behind.

It should be fun but don't ask either Conor or Gerry for their opinions. I doubt they know where Ireland is.  :D
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: GerryT post_id=15796 time=1581153986 user_id=61
Hes just writing what's happening. He is a constitutional lawyer so would have a strong understanding on the matter. But it's not hard to see who's telling porkies. He commented to johnsons prorogation saying johnson was lying before the uk parliament upheld the scottish ruling. Guess what he was right. I listened to him on lbc talking about it, very insightful. I doubt he has it in for johnson I think it's more that johnson keeps putting his foot in it. Google it, a very interesting interview with James o'Brien. And I know james is a remainer, just listen to David, he knows what hes talking about.

The uk civil service in fairness to them have a great reputation, highly thought of in the EU, and I'm sure will do what johnson directs them. Hes know since last summer that he was driving the leave train and this day would come. When the EU and UK would sit down as two independent negotiating parties to hammer out a future trade deal. The EU shows up with a detailed document, johnson has his hands in his pockets and delivers a 50,000 mile high bombastic speech. Of course Green will highlight this, its almost a repeat of the withdrawal agreement talks and we all saw how that started and finished. Johnson seems to be taking the same path david davis took, time will tell..

I looked him up

https://davidallengreen.com/2020/01/the-reasons-why-remain-was-defeated-a-contemporaneous-view/">https://davidallengreen.com/2020/01/the ... eous-view/">https://davidallengreen.com/2020/01/the-reasons-why-remain-was-defeated-a-contemporaneous-view/

A remainturd to the core. Here he is blogging on why Remain lost the fight. Not the fight to win the hearts and minds of the people, but lost the fight to frustrate the will of the people democratically expressed in the 2016 referendum.

This post of his, bewailing the sore loser's failure to have their way in the face of the decision against them, tells me EVERYTHING I need to know about this little shit. Thanks for provisign me the impulse to find out.

And he won't have a proper debate on what he writes either. In his own words ... "Comments are welcome but pre-moderated, and so comments will not be published if irksome". meaning Snowflakes and remainturds welcome, the rest can F@@@ off...

DeppityDawg

Of course, Gerry. And your impartiality on the matter of Brexit is legendary isn't it? If the UK was a ship, you'd have torpedoed it ages ago. After having secured a new market for your "exports" of course. I didn't even vote to leave, and even I can see EU Luv-in remainer bias is as pathetic as flag waving, Empire dreaming brexiters.

I'm off down the bookies shortly. Got any tips for me?

GerryT

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=15790 time=1581146331 user_id=63
I have a question then

David Allen WHO ?? What's their angle ? How much do they make from their position on the subject. Because what they say needs to be weighed against who is paying them - directly or indirectly - to say it.

And as for this person's allegation that the Prime minister could have had a similarly detailed set of documents prepared, the problem is we still have a civil service set steadfastly against our leaving the Eu and we need a cull before any that remain in post can be trusted.

And anyway, what's the point ? The EU are hardly going to see it our way. Best just f**k em and leave properly.

Hes just writing what's happening. He is a constitutional lawyer so would have a strong understanding on the matter. But it's not hard to see who's telling porkies. He commented to johnsons prorogation saying johnson was lying before the uk parliament upheld the scottish ruling. Guess what he was right. I listened to him on lbc talking about it, very insightful. I doubt he has it in for johnson I think it's more that johnson keeps putting his foot in it. Google it, a very interesting interview with James o'Brien. And I know james is a remainer, just listen to David, he knows what hes talking about.

The uk civil service in fairness to them have a great reputation, highly thought of in the EU, and I'm sure will do what johnson directs them. Hes know since last summer that he was driving the leave train and this day would come. When the EU and UK would sit down as two independent negotiating parties to hammer out a future trade deal. The EU shows up with a detailed document, johnson has his hands in his pockets and delivers a 50,000 mile high bombastic speech. Of course Green will highlight this, its almost a repeat of the withdrawal agreement talks and we all saw how that started and finished. Johnson seems to be taking the same path david davis took, time will tell..

DeppityDawg

Quote from: BeElBeeBub post_id=15674 time=1581013293 user_id=88
A sad commentary on how well prepared the UK appears to be.

David Allen Green? Isn't he an Arch Remainer? What else would we expect him to say?

Nice to see you've done with heavily partisan and selective commenting, Beelbeeb. Not. There's barely any point in reading your posts anymore."Brexit is poo".

It's happening pal. Best get on board or you'll turn into a bitter, nasty old man....no, wait...!

johnofgwent

Quote from: GerryT post_id=15779 time=1581114052 user_id=61
Come on  nick, you can do better than be a gutter snipe. I'm sure you have an opinion and not just this slurry of crap comments. Maybe one day you'll actually engage and discuss the point being raised. Maybe you wont.

Maybe you'll trawl through my post for grammar or spelling errors, that's your level, pathetic really.

I have a question then

David Allen WHO ?? What's their angle ? How much do they make from their position on the subject. Because what they say needs to be weighed against who is paying them - directly or indirectly - to say it.

And as for this person's allegation that the Prime minister could have had a similarly detailed set of documents prepared, the problem is we still have a civil service set steadfastly against our leaving the Eu and we need a cull before any that remain in post can be trusted.

And anyway, what's the point ? The EU are hardly going to see it our way. Best just F@@@ em and leave properly.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT post_id=15779 time=1581114052 user_id=61
Come on  nick, you can do better than be a gutter snipe. I'm sure you have an opinion and not just this slurry of crap comments. Maybe one day you'll actually engage and discuss the point being raised. Maybe you wont.

Maybe you'll trawl through my post for grammar or spelling errors, that's your level, pathetic really.

I'll engage when you formulate an argument worth debating Gerry. How about you ask a question that is not wrapped up in nonsensical maths, you may just get an answer.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: Barry post_id=15780 time=1581115484 user_id=51
No it doesn't, but you have a point.

Some solicitor for Preiskel and Co has a blog. Who's ever heard of him and what makes his opinion worth anything?

And what might his point be ?

Seriously the EU comes out with a detailed paper, johnson rolls up with a boom bastic speech, no detail and you think beacuse this is pointed out by someone you dont know it actually lessens the opinion.

Can you comment on the opinion.