I don't know that many Brits

Started by Borchester, April 15, 2023, 02:55:00 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: HDQQ on April 18, 2023, 03:02:11 PM
It's "Parc Bannau Brycheiniog" now. "Brecon Beacons" is soooo 2022
It is apparently a rewording to remove the historical fact the peaks have been used as signal fires since about 1200 AD. Probably earlier.

i don't give a flying F@@@ what some bearded english hating terrorist wants the place to be named. The signposts still call it the brecon beacons national park and so does my OS Map. 

i'd love to see that T@@@ Price the Plaid fuckwit tell the SAS who train there to stop calling it the Beacons. Actually they call it many things mostly quite unprintable but the Fan Dance shall evermore be the Fan Dance and rightly so 

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

HDQQ

Quote from: johnofgwent on April 17, 2023, 12:26:46 PM
The area in question was actually a drover's route to market in Brecon and part of it was a smallholding owned by a (insert about eight or nine 'great') uncle of mine snd the rest was open common pasture. Part of his - and by extension through inheritance - my - responsibility was upkeep of the said drovers route.

According to my great uncle David (our family tree nutter) the authorities took over some of the land to build a reservoir between Merthyr and Brecon. The common pasture area was nicked by the Brecon Beacons National Park Authority when the park was formed about 60 years ago but the obligation to protect the pathways under that land grant was ignored.

I strongly suspect any wishing to avail themselves of the hospitality my largely ritual duties entail will get their feet wet and probably given the usual weather in the area, die of exposure ...
It's "Parc Bannau Brycheiniog" now. "Brecon Beacons" is soooo 2022
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: johnofgwent on April 17, 2023, 12:26:46 PM
The area in question was actually a drover's route to market in Brecon and part of it was a smallholding owned by a (insert about eight or nine 'great') uncle of mine snd the rest was open common pasture. Part of his - and by extension through inheritance - my - responsibility was upkeep of the said drovers route.

According to my great uncle David (our family tree nutter) the authorities took over some of the land to build a reservoir between Merthyr and Brecon. The common pasture area was nicked by the Brecon Beacons National Park Authority when the park was formed about 60 years ago but the obligation to protect the pathways under that land grant was ignored.

I strongly suspect any wishing to avail themselves of the hospitality my largely ritual duties entail will get their feet wet and probably given the usual weather in the area, die of exposure ...
Ah yes it is Wales role in life:  to keep the rain off the English as much as possible

Pleased to see you say 'Brecon Beacons National Park' given today's news that the language jihadists say we shouldn't say that anymore - they can go stuff themselves.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65274952

I
s this off topic enough?

johnofgwent

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 17, 2023, 02:01:30 AM
When you say 'protection' are you really saying they are your harem?
The area in question was actually a drover's route to market in Brecon and part of it was a smallholding owned by a (insert about eight or nine 'great') uncle of mine snd the rest was open common pasture. Part of his - and by extension through inheritance - my - responsibility was upkeep of the said drovers route. 

According to my great uncle David (our family tree nutter) the authorities took over some of the land to build a reservoir between Merthyr and Brecon. The common pasture area was nicked by the Brecon Beacons National Park Authority when the park was formed about 60 years ago but the obligation to protect the pathways under that land grant was ignored.

I strongly suspect any wishing to avail themselves of the hospitality my largely ritual duties entail will get their feet wet and probably given the usual weather in the area, die of exposure ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: johnofgwent on April 16, 2023, 10:36:34 PM
It wasn't in Brecon and Radnorshire was it

all the sheep inn275 acres of that county are under my protection

Which is a full time job in itself
When you say 'protection' are you really saying they are your harem?

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on April 15, 2023, 07:04:01 PM
It was a very pretty sheep :)
It wasn't in Brecon and Radnorshire was it

all the sheep inn275 acres of that county are under my protection

Which is a full time job in itself

Borchester

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 15, 2023, 06:57:34 PM
Look, I thought we both agreed never to mention that again . . .

. . . after what happened to you last time

It was a very pretty sheep :)

Algerie Francais !

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Borchester on April 15, 2023, 04:46:45 PM
As opposed to Little Snoring where the big excitement is about the chaps from the next village coming over for the Sheep Buggering Contests :)
Look, I thought we both agreed never to mention that again . . . 

. . . after what happened to you last time

Borchester

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 15, 2023, 03:15:01 PM
Well if you will live in the United Nations HQ what do you expect?  :-\
As opposed to Little Snoring where the big excitement is about the chaps from the next village coming over for the Sheep Buggering Contests :)

Algerie Francais !

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Borchester on April 15, 2023, 02:55:00 PM
The lass next door is Slovakian, the family across the road are German and Chinese and Mrs Begum from up the road has just sashayed past.

There are bits of my family pushing up the daisies in various parts of the empire as a result of service to the King Emperor, but I doubt I could trace my family back further than three generations to an Irish bog.

Obviously, I know that God is an Englishman (middle Anglican of course) and supports Brexit, but both racists and anti racists bore the arse off me.
Well if you will live in the United Nations HQ what do you expect?  :-\

Borchester

The lass next door is Slovakian, the family across the road are German and Chinese and Mrs Begum from up the road has just sashayed past.

There are bits of my family pushing up the daisies in various parts of the empire as a result of service to the King Emperor, but I doubt I could trace my family back further than three generations to an Irish bog.

Obviously, I know that God is an Englishman (middle Anglican of course) and supports Brexit, but both racists and anti racists bore the arse off me.
Algerie Francais !